Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problems with "red Colour Props"

Seems likely the props are a symptom, not the disease at the minute.

You shouldn't have to do it, but a small shim of paper to tighten/pack the fit between the side of the hub of the prop and shaft of the mount does the trick. The foam simply packs the top and doesn't really resolve the noise... just returns once the foam squishes a bit o_O

I just cut out my own little pieces of foam to insert in each prop. All of my props, red and white, made the rattle sound. After I put a good chunk of foam in each, they were all silent. I put in enough to where it has a slight spring effect when they are unlatched. The foam I used is the pluck foam that comes with custom Pelican cases.

My I2 arrived today and in the build phase I mounted the props to check how to use the fast mounts.

I found after fitting the "red" props that if i spun the blades around the red ones made a rattling sound. After ages of investigating where the noise was coming from i found that when the quick lock was closed on the prop there was till movement in the blade. (side to side)

Called DJI and no help there...

In the end i found that by inserting a small amount of tissue paper in the depression between the blade and the raised mounting point the noise went away. This was only 2 ply tissue so only a very small gap... I the found some single sided foam tape and inserted in the place the tissue paper was so i don't have to worry loosing the paper in flight.

Problem resolved

There was no problems with the white props !!

would advise you check yours as this causes serious miss balance and could damage your motors

I been getting a lot of request for prop balancers for the 1550T props. 1st thing I do is buy a bunch of props to test every way possible including saw some in half.
I did notice about 4 thousands of variation on the depth of the props . Good news is right out of the box only about one out of 4 needed balancing.
The 1550T props ave very heavy and very sturdy , but because of its weight will do more damage to bearings ect .. if not balanced.
Remember also props do not wear evenly so if you bird starts acting up or you see jello in your video change your props or balance the ones you have .
EJ

I been getting a lot of request for prop balancers for the 1550T props. 1st thing I do is buy a bunch of props to test every way possible including saw some in half.
I did notice about 4 thousands of variation on the depth of the props . Good news is right out of the box only about one out of 4 needed balancing.
The 1550T props ave very heavy and very sturdy , but because of its weight will do more damage to bearings ect .. if not balanced.
Remember also props do not wear evenly so if you bird starts acting up or you see jello in your video change your props or balance the ones you have .
EJ
How do we balance these particular props?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using InspirePilots mobile app

Omg..... people..... the problem is not the props......oh geez

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Lol..... ok

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots
There has been measured tolerance differences on every part in that assembly.
And to top it off, DJI has redesigned the locks 3 times, and the props at least twice from the versions I have in my possession.... and they are sending me replacements for all 4 props and locks.

Yes... it is....

It's both actually...

I just received an email from a film maker who bought a balancing rod for his inspire -2 (1550T )
from Amazon
He said quote " Thanks this solved my problem "
With that being said I do not know what his problem was !
.I replied and as him to elaborate & will
share soon as I get a response.

Reactions: EDDSkitz
For those who have replaced the mounting plates with the white ones, did you find the screws extremely tight when trying to undo? I am worried about how much force I need to apply just to unscrew the two screws the hold the mounting plate in place.

Hello, the screws are tight because of the lock tight used on the threads to keep them from coming loose over time. You will find that some are tighter than others. If you are going to put more lock tight on the screws before you put them back in, just use a very small amount, the best thing to do is apply a small amount to the screw threads and let it dry before putting them back in. You don't want any to drip into the motor itself.

Reactions: Advexure
My I2 arrived today and in the build phase I mounted the props to check how to use the fast mounts.

I found after fitting the "red" props that if i spun the blades around the red ones made a rattling sound. After ages of investigating where the noise was coming from i found that when the quick lock was closed on the prop there was till movement in the blade. (side to side)

Called DJI and no help there...

In the end i found that by inserting a small amount of tissue paper in the depression between the blade and the raised mounting point the noise went away. This was only 2 ply tissue so only a very small gap... I the found some single sided foam tape and inserted in the place the tissue paper was so i don't have to worry loosing the paper in flight.

Problem resolved

There was no problems with the white props !!

would advise you check yours as this causes serious miss balance and could damage your motors
Hi I have the same problem, dji told me to send the props to them to get fix, I don't know what to do if I should send it, so far I bought the props for high altitude and the work perfect, no noise at all. Less noise in the air but more batery use

My advice to ALL of you. Try using one of the short term fixes until DJI get some "goal posts" and "props" that are all within tolerance. Its obvious DJI don't talk between teams. So manufacturing maybe don't even know there is a problem.

I may have better news in next few days as one of my staff has been at DJI today and stolen some new goal posts. I have my micrometer ready to check them.

Reactions: EDDSkitz
Hello, I haven't seen any confirmation of damage myself, but with that much prop rattle, and the high RPM, I could only assume it would cause damage to the motor bearings over time......but that's just my opinion.
Total agree. Take the noise and multiply by the RPM.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BetseyHene