Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problems with "red Colour Props"

props  004.jpg

This si the best solution I have seen so far I found on another thread. I know they are not quick release but...

Reactions: EDDSkitz
Just saw this on the DJI forum

These guys have made replacements for the DJI props and they are carbon fibre and "fold" so will fit in the DJI case without removing them. They have been tested and shipments start in first week of February.

Inspire 2 Carbon Fiber folding propellers

I pre ordered mine already.
Hi Dr Jon, did you tried the fold prop?
Thanks.

You stole my pic :) ! They are quick release. Just turn them counter rotating and they come off.
These don't work on the I2...
41b6259e0f0629c90d189fd36105ba69.jpg

Today, I received one set of 4 replacement propellers. (2 white, 2 red)
But there are 2 sets of propellers delivered with the Inspire 2.
So they should replace both of them, not just one set.

The new propellers are not rattling because of the foam.
But this only masking the real problem with the quick lock.

The red propellers still have the same huge amount of play, and they will definitive rattle again, as soon as the foam is squeezed enough.
This is a total dissatisfying „solution“ for a serious problem which also might affect safety of flight.
Normally they should issue a warning to all buyers of the product.

What a dreadful service attitude.

Kind regards,
Stephan

Why am I the only one that smells industrial espionage?
Especially this being a Chinese company....

11 pages later, what is the solution? I now have red and white prop rattle, and after reading this long post it seems there is no solution from DJI? WT#? Dr Jon reported this months ago, how can DJI not have figured it out by now?

11 pages later, what is the solution? I now have red and white prop rattle, and after reading this long post it seems there is no solution from DJI? WT#? Dr Jon reported this months ago, how can DJI not have figured it out by now?
There are new mounting plates AND props out...

Florida drone supply has both in stock and available for many types of rush shipping!!

Now that's interesting...I bought my I2 combo from Florida drone, and asked them just yesterday about this issue and was told there is no solution and the dealers have no new parts...now I'm getting even more troubled...

Is there any way to tell the new mounting plates from the old?..... my dealer jus shipped these "new " mounts to me yesterday

I tried getting replacements for my ratting props from DJI and they were taking weeks and weeks, wanted me to create a case, send them in (on my own dime), said I would get replacements in 1-2 weeks....BS! I said screw it!

I bought my I2 at Advexure, spoke with Dan on the phone Tuesday and yesterday I received new props and new mounts they sent me free of charge to replace the bad ones. They had me send the bad ones back (with a label they gave me). Can't thank them enough...that kind of service is much appreciated.

So why can't DJI properly resolve a simple issue like this? Really unbelievable considering this is a professional machine and NOT A TOY

I tried getting replacements for my ratting props from DJI and they were taking weeks and weeks, wanted me to create a case, send them in (on my own dime), said I would get replacements in 1-2 weeks....BS! I said screw it!

I bought my I2 at Advexure, spoke with Dan on the phone Tuesday and yesterday I received new props and new mounts they sent me free of charge to replace the bad ones. They had me send the bad ones back (with a label they gave me). Can't thank them enough...that kind of service is much appreciated.

So why can't DJI properly resolve a simple issue like this? Really unbelievable considering this is a professional machine and NOT A TOY
I just got my set today and they didn't solve the issue, I'd keep an eye on yours too.

NOTHING against FDS, they get what DJI sends, but they weren't the updated ones for me.

You stole my pic :) ! They are quick release. Just turn them counter rotating and they come off.

Sorry about that but its an elegant solution you have and i liked it very much. I have some folding carbon props on the way but stuck in customs right now. Only downside is they are so expensive.

For me i just want to fly i'm loosing money with it sitting in the box. So happy to go a different direction until DJI sort this out formally.

Has anyone managed to get a working set of props and mounting locks that work from either DJI or another supplier?

I've picked up the mounts from a few places and they measure all the same, haven't been able to get new props yet, but I want to buy from wherever has the redesigned ones coming in.

yes there is... don't use DJI props the solution is outside of DJI and has been proven in I1 drone already. Given time DJI will wakeup and fix it one day but right now they are too busy with new P5 and the new Matrice 200 ++

Don't forget DJI are no longer interested in non commercial users. and sorry to say the I2 hasn't got the commercial users seal of approval and i don't think they ever will as there are proven solutions that the I2 just can't reach.

You know, I think you may just be right there. DJI is such a big outfit, that we as hobby fliers don't hold much clout with them.

I only bought the I2 to be competitive until a good option for commercial comes... looks like the new Matrice series may be that, but they need to change their business model or I will probably be building my own.

I only bought the I2 to be competitive until a good option for commercial comes... looks like the new Matrice series may be that, but they need to change their business model or I will probably be building my own.

100% agree about DIY

I just got my set today and they didn't solve the issue, I'd keep an eye on yours too.

NOTHING against FDS, they get what DJI sends, but they weren't the updated ones for me.

My new plates and props have cured the rattle issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhwaco