Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Samsung Tab 10.1 and Inspire 1 v2

Reaction score
I have tried to do research before I asked this droning question that is always on the forum, but....sorry. I just purchased an Inspire 1 v2 and I have a Samsung Tab 10.1. I have read some of the issues reported with the earlier Samsung Tabs, but what about the 10.1? Will it work without latency?

Please help this lady pilot. Thanks

I wouldn't waste money on the 10.1 trying. At some point, it will be under-powered and the video lag and latency will come about. Get a top end iPad (Pro series + cellular for the GPS.) and you'll likely be able to use it far longer than buying a fleet of Android devices like I did. I wasted too much money doing 'cheap' (and trying to avoid Apple) along with the aggravation of Java coding errors in Android (Apple tends to avoid that stuff.) as someone else mentioned on here a while back who found some 20 errors in Java related to GO with sundry operational errors.

Samsung, imho, has added too much buried bloatware to the AOS and it eats into the CPU speed to run GO smoothly. My 10" tablet and S6 phone will consume 25% of the power at night in idle while the iPad is still 100% in the AM. Go figger! Stuff is always running behind the scenes in AOS for some reason and much of it you cannot get rid of so it lags the CPU in GO. The iOS just runs a lot smoother and less overhead. Apple seems to control how much resources the app makers can access and add, where the AOS apps take over almost anything and can restart if needed (I've had GO self-launch BTS and wondered why as I didn't start it in AOS?).

Also, look at the large black wrapper on the foam I2 case. Very little is mentioned of Android or any of those devices, but it does say "Recommended for iPhone and iPad" and shows their models. DJI is warning you - subtly.

Cry once, rather than needing a hanky service for an AOS fleet.

Reactions: Dr. Fibinotchi
Nice words of wisdom. I have had my Samsung Tab II for sometime. I have minimal things running on it. I was able to get it run litchi as well as 4, but it took some extra steps with connections and boot up different than apple.. Go works fine for me right now, but I would advise to anyone a apple for the reasons listed above. Bloatwhere is just painful...in every way its just Samsungs greed machine in overdrive. I looked into the jailbreak option being technical of some level, but some have reported jailbreak gets you a bricked tab. Some have had good results. I was at a Best buy talking to a tech. He said he had bricked one. The sequence for jail break is a maximum security prison.

Apple it and be done. Headaches are not worth it.

-Cody

I used my Samsung 10.1 2014 edition without a problem for a long time, but got tired of attaching it to the remote. It is about 1/8 inch too big for the regular tablet holder so I always had to strap the tab to it.

For it to work without lag though, I had to turn of the feature that records the video (in 720) locally on your tablet cache while you record to Inspires SD card. I usually like that as a back up. But I would get lag on the Samsung with that feature on.

I just recently purchased a 9.7 inch wifi iPad (2017 version) for $289 (on sale but you can regularly pick them up for $300) and it works great! Only issue is that you don't have mobile data on that model, but I just hotspot my phone and the tablet uses wifi data for anything it needs (like maps etc..) while flying.

Reactions: Dr. Fibinotchi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tycet