Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Superfluous Inspire parts????

Reaction score
Hey guys;

I have a couple parts on my Inspire that seem to be digging into the camera frame, but don't seem to have any purpose. Any idea what these things do? It seems like I could remove this part with no consequence. But at the same time, it appears to be doing damage to the camera frame. Weird.

I have lowed the gear to the "Travel" position, and then lowered it to the landing position. This part not only does nothing, it doesn't touch anything that might effect it. Crazy. It's gotta be there for a reason. But for the life of me, I can't figure it out. And I'm pretty good at figuring things out.

Thanx in advance for any help anyone can give.

P.S. I haven't contacted DJI because it's the weekend and I don't want to wait until Monday.

Attachments

• BigPicture.jpg
    BigPicture.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 113
  • Dmage.jpg
    Dmage.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 108
  • DoesntDoAnything.jpg
    DoesntDoAnything.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 108
Hey guys;

I have a couple parts on my Inspire that seem to be digging into the camera frame, but don't seem to have any purpose. Any idea what these things do? It seems like I could remove this part with no consequence. But at the same time, it appears to be doing damage to the camera frame. Weird.

I have lowed the gear to the "Travel" position, and then lowered it to the landing position. This part not only does nothing, it doesn't touch anything that might effect it. Crazy. It's gotta be there for a reason. But for the life of me, I can't figure it out. And I'm pretty good at figuring things out.

Thanx in advance for any help anyone can give.

P.S. I haven't contacted DJI because it's the weekend and I don't want to wait until Monday.
They are retaining clips for the X5R.
If you are not using that camera they are not needed.

They are retaining clips for the X5R.
If you are not using that camera they are not needed.

Okay...that makes sense. But I was told by DJI that if I wanted to mount an X5, I was going to need to change or amend the X3 mounting bracket. But I *thought* v2.0 was X5 ready. And if you say this part is for the X5R, then I assume it's X5R ready?? I'm sure you know better than the DJI lemmings I've been chatting with.

Okay...that makes sense. But I was told by DJI that if I wanted to mount an X5, I was going to need to change or amend the X3 mounting bracket. But I *thought* v2.0 was X5 ready. And if you say this part is for the X5R, then I assume it's X5R ready?? I'm sure you know better than the DJI lemmings I've been chatting with.
Yeah, most of the DJI call centre staff are cluless.
You already have the mounting plate for the X3/X5/X5R
The X3 just fits via the gimbal lock ring
The X5 has a securing lug at the back which locates first and then you use the gimbal lock.
The X5R is the only camera that uses the locking clips in your picture due to the additional mass of the SSD.
If you are not currently or will not be using an X5R you can remove those clips with a hex screwdriver.
Hope that helps. :)

Yeah, most of the DJI call centre staff are cluless.
You already have the mounting plate for the X3/X5/X5R
The X3 just fits via the gimbal lock ring
The X5 has a securing lug at the back which locates first and then you use the gimbal lock.
The X5R is the only camera that uses the locking clips in your picture due to the additional mass of the SSD.
If you are not currently or will not be using an X5R you can remove those clips with a hex screwdriver.
Hope that helps. :)

That absolutely helps very much! Thank you, sir!

I took them off mine as I want nothing rattling around. Without an X5R they are useless. I kept then in case I ever get an X5R or sell the bird, I can reinstall them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Donnie Frank
I took them off mine as I want nothing rattling around. Without an X5R they are useless. I kept then in case ZI ever get an X5R or sell the bird, I can reinstall them.

That makes sense. My partner has an X5, but neither of us have an X5R. So, yeah, makes sense to just remove them and store them. Thanx.

What I find more annoying is the material used to make the rubber grommet just behind that clip (and others on the frame) must actually chemically designed to attract and stick every bit of sand and debris that I have ever flown near! I see you have the same problem :-/

Total bugger to clean on every after-flight service.

What I find more annoying is the material used to make the rubber grommet just behind that clip (and others on the frame) must actually chemically designed to attract and stick every bit of sand and debris that I have ever flown near! I see you have the same problem :-/

Total bugger to clean on every after-flight service.

Hehe....yessir, indeed. I do have the same problem. And, Yes, I very much have noticed. I have cleaned those balls off like 5 times. I'm done. They are destined to remain dirty.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manashiroy