Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The latest list of compatible lenses for the X5

Cheers for the advice. Sorted with step up ring and UV filter now though so no need for the coin. That was just a temporary fix for the first flight ;)
Hey Phil would you give further clarification to this comment. The context is adding weight to the gimbal but your solution appears to be adding weight to the lens. How does that fix the out of balance gimbal?

Hey Phil would you give further clarification to this comment. The context is adding weight to the gimbal but your solution appears to be adding weight to the lens. How does that fix the out of balance gimbal?
Sure.
I placed the coin on the end of the lens to help balance the tilt axis but to help balance the roll axis I would have had to add a weight on the side of the camera/lens/gimbal. So instead of adding a second weight, i just offset the coin to one side to help balance the roll axis. Killed two birds with one stone.
It wasn't a perfect solution by a long stretch but it did the job at the time.

It is interesting that some folks only want the widest lens they can get while others love using tele's.

Looking forward to testing the 45.

Brian

Reactions: Studio D YXE
It is interesting that some folks only want the widest lens they can get while others love using tele's.

Looking forward to testing the 45.

Brian
For me it's really about what kind of shot I'm trying to get. I'm just glad we can now use a few different lenses to achieve a great end result. Really cool to see where things are headed.

Reactions: Phil-RCGeeks
I just let the 45mm sit on my inspire running for 20 minutes listening for some abnormal sounds, and it didn't make any noise. It isn't balanced, do you think it matters?
To be perfectly honest I use the 45mm lens all the time and it is slightly nose heavy although very little. I like you don't have any sounds at all and it flyes perfectly. I know the main reason we want to balance our gimbals perfectly is because if we don't it puts extra strain on the brushless motors. So if not for any other reasons but making it easier on the brushless motors, that's probably a good enough one.

Reactions: Studio D YXE
Any chance you could pop this into a table form? Would be great to see at a glance what lenses work & balance needed etc

hi All,
in the original posting, I can`t find any list? Is there a way to post it again? or even updated?

I am currently using the 15 mm m.Zuiki which is fine in terms of quality, however, for multirow panoramic landscape pictures, I miss some mm wide angle? Is the 12 mm nice for pictires also? As it is just mentioned as "video must fave"

Thank yo from a newbie here :)
Sascha

Since this thread got decapitated by the original poster, we started another one here to pull all the X5 compatible lens info together. Please add comments to that thread if you have tested listed or unlisted lenses.

Does anybody know if the Panasonic 14-42mm PZ works? It's like 2 grams heavier than the Olympus 14-42 EZ pancake lens and also a powerzoom.
Wondering the the power zoom will work in the app just as with the Olympus one.

If i film a lot of wake boarding with the x3 and was thinking of moving the x5, would the M. Zuiko 45mm be a good choice. What would the equivalent mm be on the x5? I know the 17mm is 30mm equivalent, so its ~1.8x on the x5 sensor?

17mm x 1.8 = ~30mm
45mm x 1.8 = ~ 81mm ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide