Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Too good to be true?

Reaction score
I tried snagging one of these for $960 to no avail. DJI INSPIRE 2 Drone w/ Zenmuse X4S 4K Camera 20MP DNG RAW. | eBay

Even applied for a line of credit and was approved for $500 through PayPal, but found out you can't split payment between credit and bank account.

I have an Inspire 2 with an X5S and 2 extra batteries on the way but I purchased it to resell and am shopping for an Inspire 1 for personal use.
at $960 though, I would definitely go with an I2.

Last one just sold.

Was going to try and overdraft my bank account but I was a few seconds too late.

Do you actually think it would show up? The same seller was selling Inspires for similar costs. See: Watch out....
Obvious scam.
Doesn't eBay have buyer purchase protection?

Besides the selling Inspires, seller has only 8 prior transactions, one of which is negative and a past customer stating the item shipped from China.
Shipping from China wouldn't be a huge red flag to me considering DJI's HQ location and the I2 combos beginning to ship in a few days, but the seller is claiming the item location is Hayward, CA

Doesn't eBay have buyer purchase protection?

Besides the selling Inspires, seller has only 8 prior transactions, one of which is negative and a past customer stating the item shipped from China.
Shipping from China wouldn't be a huge red flag to me considering DJI's HQ location and the I2 combos beginning to ship in a few days, but the seller is claiming the item location is Hayward, CA
Yes, eBay has buyer protection and they are going to have some claims. Whether he is in China or not isn't the real issue. His listing stated that he ships from the USA. Also that he is a DJI dealer. Both are obviously lies. Too good to be true..... Indeed. I am sure that even a DJI dealer pays more than $960 for that kit. If you were 'lucky' enough to get in on that deal, you would have your money tied up for a month waiting on the claim to be settled. Be glad you 'missed out' on this deal.

Yes, eBay has buyer protection and they are going to have some claims. Whether he is in China or not isn't the real issue. His listing stated that he ships from the USA. Also that he is a DJI dealer. Both are obviously lies. Too good to be true..... Indeed. I am sure that even a DJI dealer pays more than $960 for that kit. If you were 'lucky' enough to get in on that deal, you would have your money tied up for a month waiting on the claim to be settled. Be glad you 'missed out' on this deal.

I noticed that too. My guess was that he used a tool to make a facsimile of another listing, probably one posted by a legitimate authorized dealer.

Totally agree.
There's no way DJI would be okay with it's dealers making $2600 profit. It would be many times more than their own profit.

I had that feeling as I read the message on the checkout page - "The transaction cannot be completed because the seller has less than that quantity available"
Immediate simultaneous feeling of darnit, I was too late and phew, I feel like I just dodged a bulled

Yes, you dodged a bullet. Big time!
He probably clicked on the "Have one to sell? Sell now" button, then just copied the pictures from another listing.
I see fraudulent listings all the time and promptly report them to eBay. Usually they pull the listings right away. I think what stopped them this time was the ruse of shipping from California, plus the fact that he did have some (7) feedback. Usually these are from a new seller with zero feedback and located in Asia. This will no doubt cost eBay some bucks. If he sold 8 at $960 that's $7680. Plus he has Inspire1 listings for $998 and $899.
I am relatively sure he had none of any model to sell. He will disappear only to return with a new seller alias.

Reactions: 304HighDrone
An watch for a PayPal message saying something about your last transaction was declined. It'll ask you for your password. Call PayPal if you get that email

Yup he's been reported
I reported the listing as soon as I saw it along with his 2 others, I1 with X3 for $899 and I1 with X5 for $998.
Unfortunately eBay didn't pull them. They usually pull them quickly. This is unfortunate for both eBay and the poor suckers who bit on those 'too good to be true' offers.
Since this happened I have reported no less than 20 fraudulent listings, all of which were pulled within minutes.

Reactions: Ftolino
I reported the listing as soon as I saw it along with his 2 others, I1 with X3 for $899 and I1 with X5 for $998.
Unfortunately eBay didn't pull them. They usually pull them quickly. This is unfortunate for both eBay and the poor suckers who bit on those 'too good to be true' offers.
Since this happened I have reported no less than 20 fraudulent listings, all of which were pulled within minutes.
Yeah I was in contact with them before an after this clowns listing along with PayPal.
They did tell me that the items he sold before were inspire's .

aWDSF
aWDSF

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SUPER-WEB-DEVELOPMENT-LLP