Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Transmission Range Booster

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by upthere, Aug 16, 2016.

1. upthere

Out of boredom on holiday I was surfing eBay and came across transmission range boosters for an Inspire 1. Basically some foil cowelling/plastic around the rc antennas, they claim to boost signal 50-100%....................anybody tried them or is there a thread on this already?

2. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

There are many many threads already.
    Just search 'Boosting Range'

3. Dr. Ifly Drones

I have one of these and it does improve directional distance some but, really is better at providing better normal range stability. I know there are other systems out there but, when we are supposed to be coloring inside the lines of VLOS the reality is that they are over kill. Once you're a klick or more away from your airframe you can't see squat. If what you want is distance more than that you had best go with one of the tuned antenna amplified rigs.

DamesNY and slim.slamma like this.
  4. upthere

Thanks. I was thinking more of a reliable signal within VLOS than boosting range.

5. Neil sulish

i use tough leash with duel 3 w boosters... never experience signal loss! even in cities

6. Marty Martinez

I use DBS Mods MaxxRange antenna it is a big panel but it offers the best signal at 14dbi.
    You can also get the DBS Mods 9dbi which is a smaller panel and bring in a very strong signal.
    I have both of those and used them daily

maxxuav.com

KyleMaxxUav and Neil sulish like this.
  7. Donnie Frank

Without the cheap, plastic booster, I could fly about 4,000' out. With the booster, I got very close to 6,000'.

On a job filming a large apartment complex, I would lose signal completely < 2,000' out. While Inspire was Returning To Home, I installed the booster and finished the rest of the day without signal loss. The thing was 9 bucks. I can't believe how well it works.

Kurt and UnSean1 like this.