Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Very disappointed with Inspire 2

Hello Guys. So I did some flights with the Inspire 2 and have to say I am seriously disappointed. Very disappointed !

It does fly nice and stable, and havent tested the camera yet properly.

BUT:

-Horizon tilt, although not very much, but still !
-Less than 12 mins flight time down to 35%, and that with an X4s !!! Including 4 min hovering. 4 batteries the same, (from differnt suppliers/charges) so it was not a bad set.
-Max speed 92 kmh. (No wind and in sport mode) Inspire 1 does same or better.
-After 2 km aircraft disconnect (2.4GHZ), in open field. Inspire 1 does in same spot 4 km with no problem.
-After 1.3 km aircraft disconnect (5.8GHZ), in open field.

So far, very unhappy. And I dont even suffer from all the problems others have reported.

Very poor after 2 years of development. 5,000 EUR plus, its a joke.View attachment 11936View attachment 11937
Did you give your dealer this feedback?

Guys just so your aware there seems to be one or more posters going around all the forums posting the same thing while providing no actual log evidence or real data.

So what? Let them post whatever findings they have. Otherwise, prove you are right and he is wrong. Very simple.

So what? Let them post whatever findings they have. Otherwise, prove you are right and he is wrong. Very simple.

It's this simple, provide logs from 10 flights then we can see.

You have a large number of users who have proven on multiple occasions the craft range and battery performance.

There are a very small number who are saying the opposite but are not providing any real data to back it up.

So it's either people have an issue with their craft, they are doing something different to everyone else or they are lying.

Batteries are a little too expensive. £179 for one? Bit painful...

That I agree with, it hurts to say the least.

My tests of moment are very good, in general lines I am happy, the camera fpv I see little resolution when broad is the only lack, down in the corner looks good but if it distorts a little mainly with much sun, but it is for Which is only reference for the pilot, with two operators. The flight distance at 2.4 is perfect, at 5.8 in my flight area I do not do well, it's a great machine, surely soon DJI will offer a battery with a little more capacity, but with a 25-minute flight I I'm happy.

My Inspire 2 batteries last in normal flight, 26 minutes
The inspire does not reach more than 70km / h and inspire 2 easily 92km / h
My I2 does 60mph in sport. Not sure what's wrong with yours.
Guys just so your aware there seems to be one or more posters going around all the forums posting the same thing while providing no actual log evidence or real data.
Yep I've noticed.

Battery Heater
The battery will heat itself automatically if the cell temperature is lower than 15 degree celsius after powering on the inspire2. It will keep the temperature between 15-20c by adjusting the heating power. if the battery temperature is higher than 20c the heating element will stop heating.

You can also warm up the battery manually by pressing the battery button for 3 second . There is no need to insert the battery into inspire2 before flight in cold environments.

The heating element draws 70W power for each battery at a 5C/minute warming rate. If heating from -20C, you will need 7 minutes to reach 15C with a consumption of about 8.2Wh (about 9% capacity).
The flying performance will be similar to fly in warm weather.

Reactions: deltalimatango
...surely soon DJI will offer a battery with a little more capacity...

The current packs are perfectly sized for airline travel, at 97.58 Wh, they just stay under the 100Wh limit.

Not everyone needs to fly with them of course so they may decide to release a higher capacity pack, but it would limit the number of potential customers...

I love you guys who test new equipment for me lol. I just purchased the inspire 1 and love it. Not only have all the bugs worked out but I paid a fraction of the price. Next year after you work out the kinks I will buy the I2. I guess what I am trying to say is if you buy these rushed to market products you willingly pay full price to be a beta tester. I have always been an iPhone junkie starting with the first one and every year I would upgrade unnecessary and then be frustrated with all the quirks. Then when the iPhone 3 came out I skipped it and waited for the 3S which had absolutely everything anymore plus the quirks were gone. Ever since then I have always been an S purchaser and do the same for all products.

Reactions: DronePilotOne
I love you guys who test new equipment for me lol. I just purchased the inspire 1 and love it. Not only have all the bugs worked out but I paid a fraction of the price. Next year after you work out the kinks I will buy the I2. I guess what I am trying to say is if you buy these rushed to market products you willingly pay full price to be a beta tester. I have always been an iPhone junkie starting with the first one and every year I would upgrade unnecessary and then be frustrated with all the quirks. Then when the iPhone 3 came out I skipped it and waited for the 3S which had absolutely everything anymore plus the quirks were gone. Ever since then I have always been an S purchaser and do the same for all products.
The inspire 1 still has kinks... If you're looking for a kink-free drone, you're going to be waiting a long time.

i have inspire 1 t600 and 2.. both i get it once it cameout...

no problem for me... but i do impress my clients with lastest stage of art technology and performances.

i do belive there is alot of happy iphone 3 or inspire 2 onwer... because i belive no one would just would create a thread... heyyyy i have a perfect working device... most people would be only asking for help if they have some problem..

:)

Last edited:
I won't deny the I1 still needs a bit of work but acts mostly what it could be and not really issues that keep me grounded. I feel pretty confident flying it.
Does anyone have any experience shielding the inspire from electromagnetic interference?

I am loving my I2-X5S!
Beautiful footage.
None of the issues posted on the forums except two:
1) Lumix 14-42mm lens keeps randomly showing "not detected" on DJIGO4
2) Dual Batteries only last 20min to 15% (elevation=30M above sea level; Temp=65F/18C; Humidity=65%; Wind=calm)
I think my battery life is a little better than the 3 tests (indoor, outdoor, hover) done by Alex of WeTalkUAV here-

Ultimate Inspire 2 Battery series - YouTube

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BetseyHene