Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What would you do.... P4p or inspire 1 pro (x5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
just looking for general input from members I currently own inspire1 x3, mavic pro, and p4p ... MY p4p is new in box unopened with 2 additional batteries, nd filters, backpack etc.... i have a deal pending for a under 90 min used inspire 1 pro x5 with 3 additional batteries 1 tb47 2 tb48... i would be trading my new in box p4p, 2 batteries , polar pro cinema series nd filters and polar pro drone trekker backpack , nw in box dji osmo mobile, plus 570 cash....

WHAT WOULD YOU DO.... Keep or trade and if you don't mind briefly why...

thanks..

Last edited:
just looking for general input from members I currently own inspire1 x3, mavic pro, and p4p ... MY p4p is new in box unopened with 2 additional batteries, nd filters, backpack etc.... i have a deal pending for a under 90 min used inspire 1 pro x5 with 3 additional batteries 1 tb47 2 tb48... i would be trading my new in box p4p, 2 batteries , polar pro cinema series nd filters and polar pro drone trekker backpack plus 570 cash....

WHAT WOULD YOU DO.... Keep or trade and if you don't mind briefly why...

thanks..
Please use the search function as this has been covered many times previously.....here are a few

A bit of a dilemma
Comparison between the I1 Pro and the P4P
Need first time drone advice, buy the inspire 1 v2 or the Phantom 4 Pro?

Reactions: Cornscot
My post isn't about what is better, my post is to review the actual "deal"... I'm looking for input regarding what I'm giving vs receiving. ..
Ahhh....gotcha. Apologies, I was speed reading again (too many posts, not enough time/fingers for typing). :)

Reactions: CapomediaCT
You didn't mention which lens comes with the Inspire 1 Pro, probably the 15mm.. The beauty if the I1Pro is with using interchangeable lenses. Be prepared for spending another 1 thousand dollars on lenses. If that is not in the cards keep the P4P.

You didn't mention which lens comes with the Inspire 1 Pro, probably the 15mm.. The beauty if the I1Pro is with using interchangeable lenses. Be prepared for spending another 1 thousand dollars on lenses. If that is not in the cards keep the P4P.
stock dji. lense... i did review the other posted threads regarding this topic and it seems like the p4p wins.

stock dji. lense... i did review the other posted threads regarding this topic and it seems like the p4p wins.

If you don't want to spend the money on more lenses now or in the future you are better off with the P4P. If there is any chance you want to add lenses in the future do the deal for the Inspire. I would feel naked without being able to change lenses.

Depends on what you are using it for the p4p will have a longer flight time, however as others have said the lens cannot be changed. it is a 20mp 1" sensor however, so is not a bad starting point (imagine a Sony RX100 style) - we would have all loved to see that quality a couple of years ago!

but stock for stock p4p wins? higher bitrate? better mp? when using stock dji lense yes?

This really boils down to what YOU want to use the UAS for.

In favor of the P4P:
more portable
longer flight time
less expensive
latest-generation autonomy

In favor of Inspire:
Better camera
Interchangeable lens - including zooms
360 yaw
2-person operation capable

You just have to pick which of these is more important to you, then your choice should be apparent. We can't decide these things for you, only you can.

Your still not answering the question - what are you using the drone for - as that also has a bearing on how people answer - as different applications work better on different drones!

who cares what I'm using it for (politely) .. is this a smart "deal" cost upfront, future resale,function...

but to answer your question I'm ADD regarding image quality. I dabble in business, however my focus is furthering my portfolio with cinematic footage (utilizing the best I can afford) NOT I2.

I dabble in business, however my focus is furthering my portfolio with cinematic footage (utilizing the best I can afford) NOT I2.
In which case you've answered your own question - with a normal ground camera which would you keep a 20mp 1" sensor which is not changeable, or a 16mp micro 4/3 camera? I was aways taught that the sensor size was more important than mp size but its down to the photographer!

I had the Phantom 4, upgraded to an Inspire 1 Pro Black which i loved, and only sold that to move to an I2 because of the M4/3 camera at 20mp. Im selling the phantom 4 and will either get a P4P as a backup for the I2, or wait and get a Matrice 200.

Bear in mind I have the 12mm Olympus, 17mm & 45mm lenses, all work very well - although I am mainly stills for mapping and surveying.

who cares what I'm using it for (politely) .. is this a smart "deal" cost upfront, future resale,function...

but to answer your question I'm ADD regarding image quality. I dabble in business, however my focus is furthering my portfolio with cinematic footage (utilizing the best I can afford) NOT I2.

You are not helping your cause here but now you are throwing out words and phrases like "furthering my portfolio with cinematic footage". Cinematic footage does not usually include seeing props in a clip like the P4P will do at times, yes it can be cropped out but add one more step. With what you have said now I think you should get the Inspire 1. If you have not flown one, do so before you purchase.

You are not helping your cause here but now you are throwing out words and phrases like "furthering my portfolio with cinematic footage". Cinematic footage does not usually include seeing props in a clip like the P4P will do at times, yes it can be cropped out but add one more step. With what you have said now I think you should get the Inspire 1. If you have not flown one, do so before you purchase.

good points..... I own inspire 1 X3 for 3 years now. Ive been around the DJI world since day one... I'm not taking this seriously just looking for some sunday evening (EST) opinions.... thanks... I agree cinematic footage doesn't include props... lol....good one!

In which case you've answered your own question - with a normal ground camera which would you keep a 20mp 1" sensor which is not changeable, or a 16mp micro 4/3 camera? I was aways taught that the sensor size was more important than mp size but its down to the photographer!

I had the Phantom 4, upgraded to an Inspire 1 Pro Black which i loved, and only sold that to move to an I2 because of the M4/3 camera at 20mp. Im selling the phantom 4 and will either get a P4P as a backup for the I2, or wait and get a Matrice 200.

Bear in mind I have the 12mm Olympus, 17mm & 45mm lenses, all work very well - although I am mainly stills for mapping and surveying.

i feel my answer lies in your post... and opinion...

Would you rather have p4p or X5 if your stable already includes the mavic, and i1 x3

you never said you already owned a mavic, in which case go for the X5, as id argue a mavic is a small p4p(ish). Another option would be to upgrade your I1X3 with an X5 if that was available which would be your cheaper option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onaldUnino