Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X4S Gimbal Pan Broke after Firmware Update (Beware!)

I've just updated to the release firmware from the Beta firmware on my I2 X4S, no visible issues so far during the start-up sequence.

It worked fine on Beta and looks to be doing exactly the same on the release firmware, so whatever the issues are, they do not appear to be affecting everyone.

I'll report back after a few flights tomorrow, to check out performance in the air.

I've just updated to the release firmware from the Beta firmware on my I2 X4S, no visible issues so far during the start-up sequence.

It worked fine on Beta and looks to be doing exactly the same on the release firmware, so whatever the issues are, they do not appear to be affecting everyone.

I'll report back after a few flights tomorrow, to check out performance in the air.
Interesting... thanks for that.

I hope this update fixes my rudder problems. I've seen several people talk about. It turns fine in atti or GPS an camera in free . As soon as you turn the camera to follow it doesn't turn right at all. Pm me if you know an answer an sorry if off topic .

Go into the Gimbal Settings > Advanced Settings > Gimbal Yaw Smoothness in Follow Mode, and move the slider to almost anything than 100. After I did the update I had no "ZERO" yaw control in Follow Mode. Doing this adjustment solved my issue. I hope it works for you.

I did the update with my x5s and I am not experiencing any problems... Should I be looking for something in particular?? Hope those affected by this are helped quickly...

I've got mine to work 5 times in a row.

1. I power up quad, let it do its thing.

2. Check Ipad, video shaky. Turn gimbal wheel - no response.

3. I move my X4S with my hand up and down left and right. Only 1 to 2 mm in each direction.

4. Then gimbal noise goes away, and it works normally, at least sitting on my dining room table.

I forgot to add, you must blow on your hands, then rub them together - jk

Nothing was visible to me/out of the ordinary until I got in the air. That's when the video starts to get shaky. Everything I have observed on the ground is completely normal.

Go into the Gimbal Settings > Advanced Settings > Gimbal Yaw Smoothness in Follow Mode, and move the slider to almost anything than 100. After I did the update I had no "ZERO" yaw control in Follow Mode. Doing this adjustment solved my issue. I hope it works for you.
I have changed the settings it didn't change anything. Hope this firmware fixes it. It's 15℉ out . Thanks for the response . Did you have similar issues in those settings. Atti mode works great

I tried that but the iPad doesn't recognize anything. But this was only to update the NFZ database and i dont care about that
You still testing. If you need someone else let me know.
In the assistant app what are the different firmware there's official,beta,an a couple other what's the difference

You still testing. If you need someone else let me know.
In the assistant app what are the different firmware there's official, beta,an a couple other what's the difference

You must be on the "beta" test list as it hides these from the normal I2 owners. The official is the one everyone is upset about today. The "beta" is the one released about 1 month ago for the beta testers to find any bugs but i think didn't do a very good job. One of the others is the Battery firmware update which should by now have been auto loaded on your I2.

Yes still testing DJI have made some changes that impacts my code so we need to rerun some of the trials with these changed features. Did have an accuracy issue with the GPS for the R/C but now fixed with the DJI GPS module

GPS  004.jpg

You must be on the "beta" test list as it hides these from the normal I2 owners. The official is the one everyone is upset about today. The "beta" is the one released about 1 month ago for the beta testers to find any bugs but i think didn't do a very good job. One of the others is the Battery firmware update which should by now have been auto loaded on your I2.

Yes still testing DJI have made some changes that impacts my code so we need to rerun some of the trials with these changed features. Did have an accuracy issue with the GPS for the R/C but now fixed with the DJI GPS module

View attachment 12546
I bought that 3 months ago never came into stock they kept pushing it off I cancelled my order yesterday when they told me another month.

Reactions: Cruncher

View attachment 12546

I don't think it's fair to say that the beta testers did a poor job... I was a beta tester and I can guarantee 100% that I was not having the same bugs as I am having with this official firmware release. I tested very thoroughly and flew at least 30 flights with the beta firmware, as did other testers. Something changed for the worst between the beta and official firmware versions.

Reactions: EDDSkitz
Well after the update I get this ..... I did the calibration, 3 times with 100% completion each time.... even did a refresh and calibration.... still get this for at least 20 seconds and then it disappears
083c60dfc092b316ede0ffe0688be48b.jpg

I just think it was to much on one update. Dr Jon can you roll back one on assistant app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartiLam01