Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

15 in. CF Tiger props are awesome

No argument there but I am hiking a lot. 8 screws on and off at 4-6 stops per outing with cold hands over uneven dirt would not be ideal and I would need to carry 100 extra screws :).

Reactions: SolarFlarin3
No argument there but I am hiking a lot. 8 screws on and off at 4-6 stops per outing with cold hands over uneven dirt would not be ideal and I would need to carry 100 extra screws :).

If you don't want to use screws because you are hiking out in the boonies, I would just use the original quick release props on. So far to my knowledge there has been no incidence of those coming off in flight, and mine work fine.
Best thing is to leave permanently screwed on props and figure out a way to carry all together.
For myself, even with the original quick release, I leave it together, so I may get screw on. Will see what/if DJI has other options regardless.

Reactions: Bri Guy
If you don't want to use screws because you are hiking out in the boonies, I would just use the original quick release props on. So far to my knowledge there has been no incidence of those coming off in flight, and mine work fine.
Best thing is to leave permanently screwed on props and figure out a way to carry all together.
For myself, even with the original quick release, I leave it together, so I may get screw on. Will see what/if DJI has other options regardless.

Hi Steve,

Why is that? What issues have you had with self tightening props? That seems like the best answer.

If your talking about the inspire 2 there's been several issues with props so far ,loose or just don't fit at all . My 2 pairs are tight got lucky I guess. But the stock props would be the way to go if you plan on dismounting them that much so often. If they get loose put a little piece of foam or tissue in the square part of the prop it'll tighten them up .

Hi Steve,

Why is that? What issues have you had with self tightening props? That seems like the best answer.

Have had self tightening props on older builds. Even used loctite for extra precaution and had flights where they became loose.
Screws never came loose for me.
Something heavy and expensive like the inspire I would never use self tightening. Even using the word "tightening" implies that they are not secure in flight, as they can move.
If they "lock", that is a different story.
Just my opinion and experience:)

Hi,

Yes, I have 5 sets of the loose Inspire 2 props :). I have these Carbon props coming soon with the Amazing Tech adapters. I am hoping those offer a better solution. They advertise the Amazing Tech adapters as Quick release. I am having a hard time following why some are saying the quick release on these would be problematic. Search here (and Google) mention a few possible old issues with Phantom 2's. Is that what is being referenced?

Hi,They advertise the Amazing Tech adapters as Quick release.

Amazing Tech are NOT quick release, they are self tightening.
There are very clear pictures a page or two back.
Inspire1 first came with self tightening.
Then props started coming off, so they scrambled and mailed everyone FREE locks.
Amazing Tech adaptors are self tightening, but have NO locks.
You should leave a comment with your order to change the description to what they really are.

r

You are so dramatic, such a Diva - "cold hands and uneven dirt" lol
I work all winter on cold muddy construction sites.
I guess you don't do ANY pre-flight stuff then either :eek:
If I had to bet, I would say you 4-6 stops per outing is make believe, (to justify your stance) :)

Edit - As stated earlier ..... if it takes you 30 seconds to put on quick release, and only 1 minute to put on 8 screws, you are not saving much of anything, (even on uneven dirt) - lol
I would love to see some of your stuff though, and please post a link to a picture of your hiking set-up

Last edited:
Inspire1 first came with self tightening.

Hi Brian,

No intention for argument here. I posted this as a genuine question. Spinning a prop on and off seems preferable to me. I believe that is what the company is referring to with quick release. Simply that it releases quickly. What was the issue with the inspire 1? When you say coming off, was the prop actually spinning backwards and un-threading or was it a metal nut in plastic prop issue?

Thanks.

He must have a shity dirt filled life arguing with everyone about everything. Ask others besides this yahoo whom have never had issues. An for the last time send us a video of you doing them in one minute. Lol . Then go in the field and do it 6 times . See now feet up your accused of not doing pre flight right . Let Bri gi alone he is one of those guys

Show us your 8 screw 1 minute video please. If your doing it that fast your rushing your pre flight . I wouldn't trust it

that
Show us your 8 screw 1 minute video please. If your doing it that fast your rushing your pre flight . I wouldn't trust it

No comprehension, or no memory ??
That's a leisurely 1 minute, no need to rush with your props, no need for "quick disconnect" either, or the "spin-offs" you are selling.
If you're not handy with a screw driver Ftolino, I'll give you an extra 30 seconds.
Is 1 minute 30 seconds too long for you Ftolino?
You can't wait, in a rush, don't do any pre-flight at all cause you "don't have time"??

Pretty ridiculous that you refuse to let it go.
If you are NOT comfortable with the screw off props you just purchased, DON'T USE THEM!!

Even dumbass DJI finally admitted to doing a wrong with the spin-offs, and RUSHED out "locks" !!

Do you geniuses realize that if the t-motor props and plates were 13mm apart, (instead of 12mm) you would all be laughing at the spin off adaptors yourselves, and you would simply bolt the t-motor props straight to the motor, then praise how great they are - lol

Enough already, my hands are getting cold. I hike in the woods with no gloves !! o_O

Reactions: Richard G Hugh
I did a hover test comparison today, with stock props and then with CF Tiger props with Amazingtech adapters.
Conditions: 10 °C, very slight wind, sunny

Stock: 23:59 to 10%
CF: 24:18 to 10%

When flying with CF props, the bird is a little more stable, but it's almost unnoticeable.

It would be interesting to do a flight test, again to 10%, on exactly the same flight path and speed.

Reactions: Ftolino
I did a hover test comparison today, with stock props and then with CF Tiger props with Amazingtech adapters.

When flying with CF props, the bird is a little more stable, but it's almost unnoticeable.

It would be interesting to do a flight test, again to 10%, on exactly the same flight path and speed.
Ditch those junky adapters and hard mount, I notice a TON of difference, in the video, response from the AC, and it's definitely quieter.

Good info. Thanks for putting the time in.

Reactions: Ftolino
Ditch those junky adapters and hard mount, I notice a TON of difference, in the video, response from the AC, and it's definitely quieter.

What does this mean? What adapters? What hard mount? Adapters don't influence video, response or sound levels. Props do, adapters don't.

What does this mean? What adapters? What hard mount? Adapters don't influence video, response or sound levels. Props do, adapters don't.
Uhhh... you should read your statement again and think about that...

Hard mounted props are industry standard, quick release is for toys, and unsafe.

Not sure what you're on about. I did my tests with the CF props without QR. That's the whole point of this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ai900exam