Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

To use ground station for inspire 1 I have to buy the bluetooth thing for it to work right?
What Bluetooth thing?

I'm assuming the "thought" would come to mind as to using the Bluetooth datalink and groundstation TX, and RX? No, The "Lightbridge" is already built in for communicating via everything else as far as I know.. It's all about the APP[emoji6]

DJI ground station iOS app is older for the DJI 2.4GHz datalink which in itself can be used with iPad or a PC which works with specific flight controllers like Naza v2, A2 via CanBus connection to fly with direct connection or to program flight controller to set waypoints.

I don't believe that link is public. I think you have to have a developer login to access it. We are asking DJI for public links and will post when we have a response.

Isn' it possible to beta test a bit unofficial way? like providing us the .ipa file and we can install it on our iOS devices??
Yes, but it is limited to 100 devices, specified by UUID. We have already covered this point in this thread - there is no fair way to distribute those as we have way more than 100 beta testers.

Here is a video we shot at Circuit of the Americas with Autopilot last weekend:

what is the UUID?
this might be a dumb question, but sending file out via e-mail or making it available via dropbox or similar would that be illegal?
how does all this work?
i understand that dji and apple and mfi stuff has to be granted and approved and so on but still it is your app your developemnt... dji already gave you permission to hand out fw... is there other authority instances i am missing?
did not mean to be disrespectful, just trieng to understand the process better...
cheers
m

This has become a joke all the way around the board. Sorry you guys at autopilot took a chancd on a business venture with these clowns. June 15, how many bugs can it be since day 1. Delayed, delay, delays. I feel like a crack head strong out on something that's going nowhere.

Reactions: Arsh and sirnikolas
what is the UUID?
just trieng to understand the process better...
m
It isn't a question of legality, its more about what is technically possible. Apple requires app binaries to be signed with provisioning profiles, and has allowed developers to add up to 100 UUIDs to a given profile. The primary purpose of this facility is to accommodate development and internal testing, not public beta testing. You can read more about the issue here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-used-for-when-developing-iphone-applications

I feel like a crack head strong out on something that's going nowhere.
Hang in there guys, I promise it will be worth it. Thanks for your patience and understanding that the delays have been out of our control. We are fighting for you, trust me.

If I go buy your program right now, can I get access to the beta version so I can use it with my inspire ?

Probably not, but cant hurt to ask lol...

([emoji20]=ENTER PATTING ON BACK SMILEY HERE)[emoji6] In short as per aforementioned it's NOT ready yet! The app is currently for P2 series.. It's your choice to purchase now, but renders useless for I1 and P3 users. Questions comes to mind if there is going to be another APP, or use the same app, or it will work (In-App Function) with AUTOPILOT.. Lots of testing I'm assuming[emoji6]

Saturday morning still in bed, pressed play on your vid and phone slips out of my hands and hits me in the face [emoji15]
Anyways, great video man. Can't wait for this! Keep them coming!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Reactions: damoncooper
No it would be just as useless as there is no I1 firmware released to support it.

That's my take on it, for me DJI simply want to finish their own beta and have the next firmware released officially before anyone from the general public starts to poke at it, and it makes perfect sense.

Reactions: PB30X

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AldaqiqAccounting