Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Bug for me in this newest version. When I engage flight on iphone from fpv, screen becomes black. When I switch to map and then back to fpv, screen works again.

Bug for me in this newest version. When I engage flight on iphone from fpv, screen becomes black. When I switch to map and then back to fpv, screen works again.
Very strange. No one else is reporting this issue. Does it happen every time or randomly? Can you take a screenshot and/or send the flight logs to [email protected]?

Uploading build 43 now. There is a new control in Cruise called Pitch / Roll Joystick Orientation:
  • Aircraft (default) - As if you were flying the aircraft manually with the joysticks
  • Device - As if the front aircraft is pointed in the same direction as the iOS device
  • Bearing - As if the front of the aircraft is pointed in the same direction as bearing angle between the iOS device and the aircraft
  • Absolute - As if the front o the aircraft is pointed toward a specified direction

Regarding the support for HealthyDrones that was added back in Build 41, how was this implemented? I don't see anything in the app and don't see anything on the HealthyDrones website or forum.

Regarding the support for HealthyDrones that was added back in Build 41, how was this implemented? I don't see anything in the app and don't see anything on the HealthyDrones website or forum.
We have the export side of the equation, but Eran is still finishing the import side. Mode to follow.

I've been using followed mode and love it but this time for some reason it froze and put the copter into hover mode at 150 feet.
I use the air pad 2 so it will adjust with altitude as I drive.

At about the 3:45 minute is when it stopped following so I manually brought it back down.
Any ideas why this happened ?

Added Hold controls to each Joystick section in Cruise Mode

-how do you use these "hold controls" for cruise mode? I don't see the option

Need to see the flight logs.
Hi

Got a couple of Questions about follow mode

When bird followed it mostly kept crossing left right when it was behind the boat, when i tried to get it in front it also kept crossing, and it was almost impossoble to get it there, the boat wasen't traveling more than15-20 knots and i would belive thers was no problem for the bird to get in front.
The second issue was that i couldn't make it go closer or lower than you see in the video (setting are min 8 m altitude), as you can see it also focus on the lower part of pic and not center
I'm not saying i belive thers anything wrong With the software, more like my incompetance using it, but surely need som advice for what i do wrong.

I was using the bacis setup ( only altitude and disdance to adjust, and didn't tried the other setup options)

Can you email the flight logs to [email protected]?
Done and got this response.
It appears that the aircraft hit the altitude limit, which was still set to the default in DJI GO (400ft). You had set it to follow you at 219 ft above your iPad, and as you continued to go up, eventually the aircraft reached about 400ft above where it took off from. As you continued to go up relative to the aircraft, Autopilot viewed the aircraft as getting lower and lower relative to you, until eventually Altitude Priority kicked in:
Support - Autoflight Logic
For safety, Autopilot stopped all lateral movement and applied 100% up thrust to no avail because the firmware would not allow it to climb, which effectively made it look like the aircraft was just hovering. Did you see any warning messages on the screen (such as height limit reached)?
If you want to try this run again, I suggest setting the maximum altitude in DJI GO to 500m as you know that you are climbing a hill and will still be within 400 ft AGL of the aircraft (FAA requirement in the US).
-Jim

DJI should make the The max altitude self adjusting so it will go off where the RC is not where take off was.

Last edited:
-how do you use these "hold controls" for cruise mode? I don't see the option
They will only appear when the RC is connected. It is similar to the way cruise control in a car works. You hold down the sticks on the RC, and then tap the hold button and it will fill in the right values on the appropriate tab in the app to match what you are doing on the RC.

When bird followed it mostly kept crossing left right when it was behind the boat, when i tried to get it in front it also kept crossing, and it was almost impossoble to get it there, the boat wasen't traveling more than15-20 knots and i would belive thers was no problem for the bird to get in front.
Sounds like this issue.

The second issue was that i couldn't make it go closer or lower than you see in the video (setting are min 8 m altitude), as you can see it also focus on the lower part of pic and not center
I'm not saying i belive thers anything wrong With the software, more like my incompetance using it, but surely need som advice for what i do wrong.
Did you calibrate the altimeter incorrectly?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Dar