Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

ok i need to get an iPhone soo then... :D will there be an android version any time soon ??
really looning forward to it... :)
keep it up

by the way Jim, did you see the post on the idea for integrating kpi index and mod values and them turning red when not ok?

Reactions: Manuel
Of course you should not include KP index - it is highly debated - iclude this would be very unproffesional.

Of course you should not include KP index - it is highly debated - iclude this would be very unproffesional.
The other side of that debate would say that YOU are very unprofessional if you're not looking at it ;)

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk

The KP index is highly debated? By who? You're joking right?

The same people who believe the Earth is flat, and the Moon landing was fake..... and Anna Nichole married for love. ;)

From the NOAA

The K-index, and by extension the Planetary K-index, are used to characterize the magnitude of geomagnetic storms. Kp is an excellent indicator of disturbances in the Earth's magnetic field and is used by SWPC to decide whether geomagnetic alerts and warnings need to be issued for users who are affected by these disturbances.

Last edited:
I'll debate it :) flown both Inspire and P2 on 2 occasions in a KP 8. It has yet to be proved that it affects our aircraft. We know it 'can' affect GPS in the wider context. From my own experience there had been zero affect on GPS hold accuracy in my aircraft.

So yes it is debatable, but not ignoreable. I factor it into my preflight risk assessment, with a low score.

Reactions: sirnikolas
If we use the lightning connector for the P3 or Inspire 1, we can no longer connect to the laptop to do the screen recording.

Use Shou! The newer versions allow you to locally record (without sending everything to the cloud like it used to). That way you shouldn't need to connect it to a laptop, freeing up that Lightning connector.

http://shou.tv/i with iOS Safari

Reactions: damoncooper
Irish,
Happy to debate the KP index on a new thread. Love learning. I think it is significant. But always open to new info. I think you were lucky on those days that you flew with KP8. Just sayin'

Use Shou!
Thanks for the tip, will take a look at it.

Happy to debate the KP index on a new thread.
That would be great, let's try to keep this thread focused on Autopilot.

Rather Delay Just Infinitely
Latest from DJI as of yesterday at 7p CT:

The MFI certification process is still being finalized. We are in direct contact with Apple about this. Apologies for the delay. We’re working as quickly as possible on this.

Hey everyone-

We have been hard at work on the next version of Autopilot - DJI (2.0) and we are ready to start the beta test. Send an email to [email protected] if you would like to participate - we would love your feedback!

New features include:
  • Inspire 1 and Phantom 3 support
  • Dynamic home point
  • Data logging (settings, telemetry, controls, commands)
  • Point-of-Interest for several modes, including Focus, Hover, Follow, Orbit and Mimic
  • Gimbal yaw in focus mode (Inspire only)
  • Updated flight dashboard to show telemetry while looking at the camera and map
  • Constant altitude reference - useful if your device has no barometer and you know that you will not be changing altitude
  • Apple watch integration (for quick disengage)

Thanks,
Jim
email sent and ready to help!
Rich

Hello Jim,

I think you're working hard to get the validation from Apple. Meanwhile did Dji progress with the MFI certification? Hope you can give some update about what's happening actually.

Thanks to keep us up to date and greetings from Switzerland

Patou

I think you're working hard to get the validation from Apple. Meanwhile did Dji progress with the MFI certification?
The DJI MFi certification and Apple approval are one and the same thing. DJI is still working on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizamartin8033