Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Ok you say that before we can use this app we must update to dji beta firmware that's on your website from Dropbox file! What does this bin file update as far as this app of yours go to make it work?

Is this a bin file directly from dji themselves? and what will happen if people use the link to this bin file and update to this and don't use or have your beta app? These are just what if questions? Will my drone still work after I update and decide that your app is to complicated to use and decide not to use it?

Is this a bin file directly from dji themselves? and what will happen if people use the link to this bin file and update to this and don't use or have your beta app? These are just what if questions? Will my drone still work after I update and decide that your app is to complicated to use and decide not to use it?
@Markus, I thought I was following this thread pretty closely but I must have missed that. Where did the Oper say that?

If I have to to update to firmware from a non dji source then I am out. Warrenty would be void and so might my I1. I dont think personally that an app developer would expect to put aircraft at risk by installing beta firmware from a dropbox! An app possibly.

The firmware hosted on our DropBox account is straight from DJI - we made no modifications to it, nor would we know how to make modifications to it. This version of the firmware is required as it supports the beta version of their SDK, which is not supported yet in the production firmware. Without it, Autopilot cannot send flight control commands to the Inspire or P3.

We asked DJI if they would host the files, but they told us to host them ourselves, so we weren't left with much of a choice.

So this firmware update is good? So I can update now and still fly my inspire till your app hits apples App Store right and still have the same functionality as before? I just don't want to be grounded till they release the app! That's all not trying to cause no problems or be a negative nanny!

Just one more thing do you have firmware release notes on what this update fixes or unlock? I'd like to have that information!

The firmware hosted on our DropBox account is straight from DJI - we made no modifications to it, nor would we know how to make modifications to it. This version of the firmware is required as it supports the beta version of their SDK, which is not supported yet in the production firmware. Without it, Autopilot cannot send flight control commands to the Inspire or P3.

We asked DJI if they would host the files, but they told us to host them ourselves, so we weren't left with much of a choice.
I think certainly for me I cannot risk an unproven, not officially released firmware no matter how much I could do with some of tbese features. I still think dji firmware from a non dji server is bad news and a warranty buster. It looks like my wait for this app will be longer than the high risk takers. Ah well

Ok you say that before we can use this app we must update to dji beta firmware that's on your website from Dropbox file! What does this bin file update as far as this app of yours go to make it work?
Where did Autologic say this was necessary? Is there a link to get to the Dropbox file

Is there a posted link to get to this Dropbox account?

Is there a posted link to get to this Dropbox account?
There is a link from the beta version of Flight School, where it is stated to be necessary:
http://autoflightlogic.com/beta/autopilotdji/flightschool

So this firmware update is good?
We have put many hours against both Autopilot and the DJI Pilot app using this firmware without any problems.

do you have firmware release notes on what this update fixes or unlock?
I will have to ask DJI if they have something I can post.

OK Got it, I thought i missed something, so then we should not load new FW on the inspire yet...
Thanks G

There is a link from the beta version of Flight School, where it is stated to be necessary:
http://autoflightlogic.com/beta/autopilotdji/flightschool

We have put many hours against both Autopilot and the DJI Pilot app using this firmware without any problems.

I will have to ask DJI if they have something I can post.
This has to really come as a download link with official versioning from a DJI server despite there refusal at your first request. I would suggest you press them hard for this. It is their responsibility. To release the SDK and not have a hook in the firmware or whatever as a requirement for SDK apps to work is ludicrously nonsensical.

@auto flight logic, sorry but it's not enough to say, this firmware works for us so it's ok for you to. As firmware is something major and we all know by experience how one thing gets fixed but breaks something else in this area, coupled with a new flight control app in the mix is a recipe for disaster, not just for those who still choose to beta test this for you but also for your company.

This looks like a fabulous app, but the SDK enabled firmware is DJI product and must IMO come from them.

Last edited:
ok just for my understanding since i am stuck with my i1 in landing mode doing nothing on any atempt on getting it out...
can i download the beta fw and use it with the pikot app and later on with autoflight logic app once released?
i am hoping that the beta fw might help on my problem and would give it a try...
i am having a gig on 16th to 18th... and can not commence work without the landing gear working... could someone please clarify my idot questions??
thank you
cheers
Martin

That's the question I've asked and still no answer! Once again @flight logic? Can we update with this firmware update and still fly our inspire till the app is released without any problems?

This has to really come as a download link with official versioning from a DJI server despite there refusal at your first request. I would suggest you press them hard for this. It is their responsibility. To release the SDK and not have a hook in the firmware or whatever as a requirement for SDK apps to work is ludicrously nonsensical.

@auto flight logic, sorry but it's not enough to say, this firmware works for us so it's ok for you to. As firmware is something major and we all know by experience how one thing gets fixed but breaks something else in this area, coupled with a new flight control app in the mix is a recipe for disaster, not just for those who still choose to beta test this for you but also for your company.

This looks like a fabulous app, but the SDK enabled firmware is DJI product and must IMO come from them.
i think you do not understand what is happening here.

the auto flight app is in beta as are all other apps using the sdk right now, they have to use that "special" fw because there is not a final stable release yet from dji so if you want to beta test the auto flight app you will need that, once DJI releases the new FW that you will be able to get from dji you will probably (i say probably because you know its dji) it will have all this already there so there will be no need to install any other fw from any other source.

right now this are special circumstances required for the beta testing.

the auto flight app is in beta as are all other apps using the sdk right now, they have to use that "special" fw because there is not a final stable release yet from dji so if you want to beta test the auto flight app you will need that, once DJI releases the new FW that you will be able to get from dji you will probably (i say probably because you know its dji) it will have all this already there so there will be no need to install any other fw from any other source.

I think what they are REALLY asking is, can they load the beta firmware WITHOUT beta testing the Autopilot software and still be able to fly just using the IOS DJI Pilot App.

Am I right ?

i understand i think... what i was thinking of is or better say wanting to clarify is, that the pilot app should be working whith beta fw available on autoflight logic site until they are ready. i am aware that they need it to make their sdk work since with the last fw they messed up something and all sdk do not work properly... reulting in bad sdk apps for android or apple...
then my other question is if a link could be posted via pm for me if that is possible please

I think what they are REALLY asking is, can they load the beta firmware WITHOUT beta testing the Autopilot software and still be able to fly just using the IOS DJI Pilot App.

Am I right ?
i am using android but yes. that would be what i would like to know since my budget on buying a new i1 bc the one i have won't move the legs resulting in not being able to work is really REALLY frustrating at the moment with gigs next week and no solution in sight... at the moment... the beta fw might get the brains back i the bird...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eveamelia102