Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Hi, did a test with follow me and that works good but i am having a little problem, witch makes me nervous to try more. When i fire every thing up and i go to the map, I see my Home spot the aircraft spot witch seems to be right I have 16 satellites ,but then about 300+ feet away there is a dot that says current location witch is not right, this spot will move around too, I'm i doing something wrong ?
Thanks for the help.
G

Hi there,

I just tested Orbit and Focus
Both modes are working really great, but in the focus mode i'd like to see:

- to have the same Icon (For the Inspire pilots) like in the autopilot app, which gives you a visual indication of the lateral mouvement of the cam with the limits of the Mecanical range...

Imagine you are flying around a POI in Focus mode but instead of Yawing your Inspire you keep always the same heading (you just go forward, to the right, backwards...and then again to the left...(impossible to make two turns)) and when you reach the mechanically limit of the gimbal you are out of focus. A little visual icon would be great.

For the rest it's a great App, doesn't have any problems and i'm waiting now for better Weather to continue testing.

Thanks to Autoflightlogic

Good Aftrenoon! I justed finish testing hover and I noticed that it does not hold the end altitude. I hade my end altitude set to 50 ft and it went 44ft and 70ft over and over again. I also chose Barometer before count down.

Follow me worked like it should. Very minimum settings, close to stock the only change was made to the setup was me telling the bird what to follow. After I set it to RC I chose my options and it followed like it should. On this test I only walked around the park and it followed. I must say so far am impressed.

Regards,

Reactions: damoncooper
I tested the Orbit mode last night and it seemed to speed up and go much faster towards the second half of the orbit. I think I see the same thing on BahamaSky's video above around the 27 second mark. Anyone else notice this? I may just be crazy. I'm off to go test now. It would really be good to have a full set of video tutorials and detail explanations.
AutoLogic, you have done AN AMAZING job. You want us on the beta team to tell you the good, bad and ugly. lol I've been too busy to even do much but one Orbit last night. I'm going now to test some more..

i would need some help from the iphone gurus here.
i inhereted the iphone 6 16gb from a friend and would like to login with my apple id. i would like to factory reset the phone but can not find the option. i really do not want to delete his account by accedint or have something happen to his data.
i found under the settings menu in general the reset option and in there i found a delete all contens and settings... will that only delete thing in the phone or sync with icloud and delete stuff there too?
please help since i am new to iphone and do not want to mess up anything for my friend.
any help would be greatly appretiated since i really really want to test the app... need it desperatly for some work i have upcoming...
thank you.

@SkySight You are correct I thought it was just me or my settings. It do speed up on the second lap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you post your exact setting or explain in detail what u did.
How I did my Zipline:
I first flew Inspire to where I wanted point A then hit the "Set with aircraft position" for A, Then I flew to the B position I wanted and hit the "Set with aircraft position" for B. (I am now hovering at B point) Then I set location A at 90 ft and location B at the lowest I could go which I think was 16 feet. Then I set Positon to 0% (Which will send it to A when I engage) (remember I am still hovering at B), Then I set speed to 25%, now I engaged and away she (or he) went towards A. If you want to go back to B, just hit the button in the lower right corner of the screen for settings and go back to the slider and set it to 100%.

One thing to note is the Inspire can only descend at 4 meters/sec so if you are really high on one point and really low on the other and the distance between them is short, it will not have enough time maybe to get that low in the short distance.

Last edited:
Reactions: mdomeny
I tested the Orbit mode last night and it seemed to speed up and go much faster towards the second half of the orbit. I think I see the same thing on BahamaSky's video above around the 27 second mark. Anyone else notice this? I may just be crazy. I'm off to go test now. It would really be good to have a full set of video tutorials and detail explanations.
AutoLogic, you have done AN AMAZING job. You want us on the beta team to tell you the good, bad and ugly. lol I've been too busy to even do much but one Orbit last night. I'm going now to test some more..
My Orbit did the same thing on several of them.

I bought the app this morning after a conversation on an inspire1 user group over on FB thinking it had the inspire1 portion in it but it did not. Hopefully it will be in a later version so I don't have to pay 20.00 again.

Jim,

Thank you very much for your post, I am sure there will be a lot of interest and take up.

One question I will ask on behalf of the forum members here:

Do you warrant the beta trials in any way so that if a user destroys his/her Inspire and it is directly attributable to a fault/bug in your software you will replace/repair that persons Inspire at Autoflightlogic's expense?

I assume you require users/beta testers to sign an NDA etc?

Many thanks
DJI in a lot of situations doesn't even provide that good of a warranty so I do not see how a third part piece of software could afford to? It would be nice though.

Last edited:
How I did my Zipline:
I first flew Inspire to where I wanted point A then hit the "Set with aircraft position" for A, Then I flew to the B position I wanted and hit the "Set with aircraft position" for B. (I am now hovering at B point) Then I set location A at 90 ft and location B at the lowest I could go which I think was 16 feet. Then I set Positon to 0% (Which will send it to A when I engage) (remember I am still hovering at B), Then I set speed to 25%, now I engaged and away she (or he) went towards A. If you want to go back to B now just disengage and go back to your position slider and put it at 100% which would make it go to B after you engage again. The Position/Speed slider is near the bottom of the app.

One thing to note is the Inspire can only descend at 4 meters/sec so if you are really high on one point and really low on the other and the distance between them is short, it will not have enough time maybe to get that low in the short distance.
Thanks for your Zipline info. I encountered some trouble on my first and only attempt with that mode. I'll try your recipe tomorrow. Hover, orbit and follow appeared to be working well- i didn't notice any errant behavior but I've only had a few flights with the app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineC