Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

the app crash on my iphone 6+ while playing with focus mode
Do you have steps to reproduce the crash? If so, please email [email protected]

I found using my iphone 6+ for altitude makes altitude reading way off by about a 100 feet sitting on the ground.
Can you send the telemetry logs for this flight? This should not be possible if you calibrated while on the ground. They can be found here:
http://autoflightlogic.com/beta/autopilotdji/flightschool#flight-recorder

when I select POI for the mark position and then I hit the button for marking it where the machine is (after I fly it to that position and altitude) it then seems to add the altitude to that from the altitude slider after you engage.
That should not be happening. Can you try again to confirm, and if so, send the flight telemetry logs as well?

I've never seen anyone use that orientation. Maybe yours is the first?
I believe it is actually. We are trail blazers :)

How safe is it to switch modes while in the air, or even switch back to the DJI Pilot App to change setting?
Totally safe, we do it all the time (assuming you have enough battery time).

If you don't disengage in autopilot and just close the autopilot the DJI Pilot will not get a signal
This is an SDK limitation. Only one app can be connected at once. Discussed under "Single App Limitation": http://autoflightlogic.com/beta/autopilotdji/flightschool#limitations

That step before each mode where you select the barometer or whatever seems important but I practically just dismissed it selecting previous setting.
Setting the altimeter reference is of critical importance. The reason Autopilot makes a big deal out of this, where the DJI Pilot app and others do not is because the normal usage pattern is a moving operator, as opposed to a stationary operator.

When the operator is stationary, there is practically no danger in using the power-on altitude as the reference since the assumption is you are flying line of sight and the terrain cannot change that dramatically within sight range - and even if it does, you are manually flying and compensating.

Autopilot is a completely different story. Not only are you not flying the aircraft, but you are likely moving. This introduces the very real danger that as you move, your altitude as an operator will change, and if it does, Autopilot needs to know about it or else you risk letting it flying your aircraft straight into the ground. There is more discussion in flight school here: http://autoflightlogic.com/beta/autopilotdji/flightschool#pre-flight-altimeter

I noticed a distinct "S" flight pattern at several points....is this something we can correct using settings?
You can try adjusting the Responsiveness Movement Parameter setting: http://autoflightlogic.com/beta/aut...l#settings-movement-parameters-responsiveness

This setting is set to 1 second by default so as to not performing "jerky" control adjustments during flight, but at the expense of Autopilot's ability to follow more closely to the desired location.

When i fire every thing up and i go to the map, I see my Home spot the aircraft spot witch seems to be right I have 16 satellites ,but then about 300+ feet away there is a dot that says current location witch is not right, this spot will move around too, I'm i doing something wrong ?
Are you using a device that doesn't have GPS? If so, the "current location" icon can be pretty inaccurate as the location is coming from cell tower triangulation and known wifi locations. This is an iOS thing and it is out of our control.

which gives you a visual indication of the lateral mouvement of the cam with the limits of the Mecanical range...
There is a "field of view" green shaded area that shows the direction of the gimbal already in the app. Are you referring to something else? As far as gimbal lock, Autopilot automatically detects it and will reset the gimbal for you.

it went 44ft and 70ft over and over again
Can you email the flight telemetry?

I tested the Orbit mode last night and it seemed to speed up and go much faster towards the second half of the orbit.
Autopilot does not account for wind right now, so the downwind segments of the Orbit will be faster than the upwind segments. We are planning to address this later.

If you want to go back to B now just disengage and go back to your position slider and put it at 100% which would make it go to B after you engage again.
This is all correct information, but it is not necessary to disengage and then engage again. You can just drag the position slider back and forth during the same flight and the aircraft will respond in real-time.

Reactions: Granger
It would be nice to be able to switch map views within the map so as not to have to dig into the settings. Just a thought...

Are you using a device that doesn't have GPS? If so, the "current location" icon can be pretty inaccurate as the location is coming from cell tower triangulation and known wifi locations. This is an iOS thing and it is out of our control.

There is a "field of view" green shaded area that shows the direction of the gimbal already in the app. Are you referring to something else? As far as gimbal lock, Autopilot automatically detects it and will reset the gimbal for you.

Can you email the flight telemetry?

Autopilot does not account for wind right now, so the downwind segments of the Orbit will be faster than the upwind segments. We are planning to address this later.

This is all correct information, but it is not necessary to disengage and then engage again. You can just drag the position slider back and forth during the same flight and the aircraft will respond in real-time.
I did not see how to get back to the position slider once I was engaged (In Zipline).

I noticed in the dji pilot app that after updating to the firmware update from your drop box there's 2 new options to turn on and off the landing gear leds and to turn off the optical sensors on the bottom of inspire 1 now! The option to turn the sensors off works but the option to turn the leds don't!

Jeez I cant wait, I want to try orbit so bad. Right now my best friend is having a house built and every couple days I go out and film the progress. I can only imagine being able to have the Inspire do an orbit around the house so the video would always be the same. This way in 6 months when I finish putting them together they would all have the same flight orientation.

I am pretty sure that my eyeball is not as calibrated as your app LOL.

Seems like there is some confusion about what the various buttons on the Flight Dashboard can do. They are all documented here: http://autoflightlogic.com/beta/autopilotdji/flightschool#flight-dashboard

For the controls, its the bottom right button (item #15 in FS).
Awesome, I did not see that as it was a bright sunny day and hard to see my iphone. I have a shield coming which is on back order. I fired everything up and looked at home and wow ...nice interface. I think you guys have done a real nice job so far.

I noticed in the app that when I view the satellite map image it just displays blank squares. If I zoom out one level, I can then see the satellite images OK. But if I try to zoom in again, I just get the squares. I suspect this may be because Google Earth doesn't have a high res map of my area (high enough to display at the zoom level the app defaults to)?

I have this same problem with the software I use for my Ardupilot quadcopter (APM 2.0) and I assume its the same reason

i would need some help from the iphone gurus here.
i inhereted the iphone 6 16gb from a friend and would like to login with my apple id. i would like to factory reset the phone but can not find the option. i really do not want to delete his account by accedint or have something happen to his data.
i found under the settings menu in general the reset option and in there i found a delete all contens and settings... will that only delete thing in the phone or sync with icloud and delete stuff there too?
please help since i am new to iphone and do not want to mess up anything for my friend.
any help would be greatly appretiated since i really really want to test the app... need it desperatly for some work i have upcoming...
thank you.

Best way to go about this is backup up the phone (in case your friend had something on there he forgot) and then Erase All Content and Settings. If you have a previous iphone backup image after the reset you can restore that image onto the iphone 6. If not go thru the new phone wizard and during that setup it will prompt you for your Apple ID.

Reactions: mdomeny
Best way to go about this is backup up the phone (in case your friend had something on there he forgot) and then Erase All Content and Settings. If you have a previous iphone backup image after the reset you can restore that image onto the iphone 6. If not go thru the new phone wizard and during that setup it will prompt you for your Apple ID.
thank you again. i will do so and install app and go out testing !!!!! can't wait to get out into the field with it :) :D

I still can't get zip line to do what I think it's supposed to but at least it's working better than the other day.
Wind was about 15km/h and orbit really struggled.
Still really liking Focus mode. Can't wait to try that out somewhere cool.
Here's the video from the testing.

ok, So I tried to use it on Sunday. got an error 201. After looking back IOC had to be disabled. Well, it was...so I went home from where I was flying. read more online and still didn't find an answer, so I disabled multiple flight mode and it worked. I was able to do only one orbit above my home. Nothing satisfactory.

So, disable multiple flight mode if you get unable it initialize aircraft - 201 error. I guess by leaving that toggled, it initiated IOC even if it appears to be off in the pilot app. I'll play around again this afternoon and see how it goes.

We will test this on our end and if true, add it to the list of limitations next to disabling IOC.
Yeah, I think if it's enabled and IOC appears to off, it automatically enables IOC when you toggle F on the remote. I unfortunately lost my time window to test things. I'll try again.

Hey Jim,

What little I used the program. I felt uneasy about shifting from the pilot app to your program. Those of us used to using the pilot app will find that using your program is quite the transition. I know there's a dashboard. And even with the ipad, the FPV is rather small. I'd like to see a button that can make the FPV large enough to fill the screen. Like a maximize button. viewable like the pilot app. Something I would feel comfortable flying around with when the features are disengaged.

Like I said, I only tried it for orbit at home, so maybe there's a solution. Having to shift back to pilot app makes me a little uncomfortable and I'd like to see an all in one solution. Any thoughts?

Also, waypoints. When?

When will round 2 of beta invites start? Just want to know, so I stop checking my email every 15 minutes. :p:p:p

Reactions: mdomeny

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aayushijain873