Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

If your remote is set to gps mode and you turn off IOC, shifting to F mode enables IOC. Now, if you FIRST put the remote in F mode and then disable IOC in the pilot app, it sticks and works. For some reason, you can't have the remote in GPS mode and disable.
Not really sure I understand. Are you saying there is a way to get Autopilot to display an error message with the IOC setting disabled but the Multiple Flight Mode setting enabled?

Is AP beta testing aimed at coming fully online ( off beta) when DJI officially releases the next firmware update ( for phantom 3 enabling SDK to work) or will AP still be reliant on DJI's beta firmware?
Not sure what you mean by fully online. We are maxed out on testers right now and the beta is going forward in full swing.

I set the point A to be the "tee" (where I am) and point B to be the "Green" and set an altitude of 40 foot, would it maintain 40foot all the way from A to B (assuming it was in a straight line) or is the altitude measured always from the RC and not the ground so I somehow would need calculate the height?
Each point gets its own altitude, and as the aircraft flies between the two points, Autopilot linearly interpolates what the target altitude should be at the current location. For example, if Point A is 50 ft, and Point B is 100 ft, and the aircraft is halfway between the two, the target altitude is 75 ft.

If I turn on my remote in GPS mode. Go into pilot and multiple flight mode is on and IOC is off, toggling the switch to F mode will enable IOC. I can visually see that the switch goes to green.

If I toggle F mode. Go back into pilot app and shut off IOC, your program works. Don't know how else I can explain it or account for it.

If I turn on my remote in GPS mode. Go into pilot and multiple flight mode is on and IOC is off, toggling the switch to F mode will enable IOC. I can visually see that the switch goes to green.

If I toggle F mode. Go back into pilot app and shut off IOC, your program works. Don't know how else I can explain it or account for it.
i had switched on everything and it worked with ioc since it was going straight forward eventhough it was yawed to one side... i did the zip line like that...
the app asked me to switch to F mode in order to engage :)

Can anyone help - I have the SDK firmware installed on Inspire an RC. Autopilot beta is installed on the iPad mini, DJI Pilot confirmed as not active.

Within the Autopilot when i select Aircraft --> Inspire 1 - I get a "Searching for Inspire 1..." but does not seem to connect. Only when I restart the Autologic app and upon reload the bottom status states "Connected to Inspire 1"

When I then select "hover" --> "open Flight Dashboard" i get the flight dashboard and upon selecting "start Engage Sequence" I get a spinning wheel and then an unable to initialise alert )(225)

Obviously the app is not talking to my inspire - any feedback suggestions welcome

Cheers

Bit of a newbie question, but on, say, focus mode, does the software only orbit around the tx controller? I can't think of many situations where I'd want me holding the tx as the centre of the shot! Alternatively, can the poi be set and then the tx and the pilot move out of the shot? Thanks for any advice....I'm not a tester but am following the thread with interest

Can anyone help - I have the SDK firmware installed on Inspire an RC. Autopilot beta is installed on the iPad mini, DJI Pilot confirmed as not active.

Within the Autopilot when i select Aircraft --> Inspire 1 - I get a "Searching for Inspire 1..." but does not seem to connect. Only when I restart the Autologic app and upon reload the bottom status states "Connected to Inspire 1"

When I then select "hover" --> "open Flight Dashboard" i get the flight dashboard and upon selecting "start Engage Sequence" I get a spinning wheel and then an unable to initialise alert )(225)

Obviously the app is not talking to my inspire - any feedback suggestions welcome

Cheers
have the same issue with my firstly purchased AC... all updated... second AC works fine... any ideas?
both AC's work fine apart from the fact that no1 only works with dji app... no2 with bith apps...

Installed firmware on AC and was successful. I don't think it did anything on the second battery as it just powered on the AC without any blinking lights on the batt. RC ran the update and had normal success beep D.DD but in the DJI Pilot app in the about section it still has the latest firmware .06. Is this normal or something not right?

Installed firmware on AC and was successful. I don't think it did anything on the second battery as it just powered on the AC without any blinking lights on the batt. RC ran the update and had normal success beep D.DD but in the DJI Pilot app in the about section it still has the latest firmware .06. Is this normal or something not right?

Mine did the same thing. but everything still works perfectly.

I after I updated to the SDK firmware, I"m noticing many compass failures that take it out of GPS mode flying only the DJI app and in P mode. I still have a separate SD card with the firmware from just before I updated to the sdk. Can I just put that one in after clearing the text files on the sd card to revert back to before the sdk version? I've got a project I need to work at on the property of an International Airport this week. I would feel safer putting the original on sdk on while I fly this job (legally) at an airport and put back new one afterward, in case that's the cause.

Can you revert back to the normal standard latest firmware after installing the V01.02.02.17 beta firmware??

Last edited:
Uwe

I like your transmitter tray/sunshade combo.

Any links to where you got it from and how you find it compared to the stock lanyard?(I think I know the answer to the last question!!)

Danke Schon

@all sorry for off topic

@tweaker

this tx-tray is only a single-piece made with my 3d-printer and carbon-tubes.
not for sale because i have no time to produce more pieces.
And i don't use the stock lanyard for this.

full

if you want a good tx-tray, look at secraft for i1 :)

Bit of a newbie question, but on, say, focus mode, does the software only orbit around the tx controller? I can't think of many situations where I'd want me holding the tx as the centre of the shot! Alternatively, can the poi be set and then the tx and the pilot move out of the shot? Thanks for any advice....I'm not a tester but am following the thread with interest
For Focus you can set Subject POI then fly the Inspire 1 to the POI and hit the set with aircraft button. Then when you engage and fly the Inspire around it will focus on that POI. (Keep camera focused on POI)

If a person is selected to be a beta tester for DJI and they upgrade to the latest beta firmware, will this cause any problems using this beta software?

If a person is selected to be a beta tester for DJI and they upgrade to the latest beta firmware, will this cause any problems using this beta software?

No, it works fine. I am in both beta's

I just cant tell anything about the other one. Lips are sealed.

Say you are doing a zipline, then you are engaged and hovering at point B. Now you disengage and close the Autopilot app and open DJI Pilot app, if I now hit the return to home button, would it go home from where I took off? Also if I am in the Autopilot app and engaged or not engaged will the RTH feature still work?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElwoodLope