Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Yeah no problem. I understand that. This is what I said... it sounds easy but it isn't. I program by myself a little bit so I know what you mean.

I think we are all dying to see the footage.
the SD card is corrupted. Never happened before but I guess it's because I tried to watch the video on my smart phone. We had some beers in the process and while I was swapping the card I was attacked by half a dozen wasps. The files are not recoverable.

Definitely going to shoot my next boat video in focus mode. Follow worked great but I like to be able to have flight control myself and have only the camera follow the boat. Some tall sailboats, tacking suddenly, came close to my safety zone while the I1 was happily sliding by. I took control whenever this occurred but a few times I could let it go because it was all clear. Some amazing randomly framed shots were captured autonomously that way.
I have a yacht shoot on a 120' boat that does 42 knots. Going to put the bird and the software through a real workout! Pray for good weather!

Reactions: lake_flyer and Glen
Got a couple more test flights in yesterday. Loving this app. Rock solid from my perspective. Much better experience than the first test flights. Having read the Flight School in it's entirety, multiple times, has helped a great deal as well.

Most recent update provides a much improved interface. The Basic/Intermediate/Advanced is a great way to implement it.

Question: I see that the flight logging is synched across multiple devices. I've flown with 2 of my 3 devices thus far. iPhone 6 is up next. Are the logs also uploaded to Auto Flight Logic as well for review or are you/they relying on email & forums for feedback?

the SD card is corrupted. Never happened before but I guess it's because I tried to watch the video on my smart phone. We had some beers in the process and while I was swapping the card I was attacked by half a dozen wasps. The files are not recoverable.
I thought I had some lost footage that nothing would open... Until I tried to load it into Premier something that it did repaired the files for me. Headed out now to test follow me, I hope all goes well. No boats involved :-(

I tried the app again last sunday. Orbit, Mimic, Follow Me and Focus went with no problems. Love it!!

I couldn't make Zip Line to work but I had not very much time so i couldn't check everything in depth. Probably i didn't understand how to program it. (Just flew the I1 to first location and pressed Set A and then to another location and pressed Set B, after that engaged but didnt make the move)

Anyway, the software looks promising!

Waiting for some kind of photogrammetry capabilities (probably not on your route).

Also, since we are contributing to the development of the app and assuming some risks (i know its voluntary)....do you guys plan any gesture (like a discount when the app goes final)?

Great job anyway!

Thanks!!

Also... i forgot another question...

It looks like the camera is set to auto exposure, ISO, etc... Is there any way to activate the manual control of the camera parameters? or do you plan to implement it?

Thanks again!! :)

I have a yacht shoot on a 120' boat that does 42 knots. Going to put the bird and the software through a real workout! Pray for good weather!
I'm not of the praying kind, but in this case I'll make an exception. When do you want this weather exactly?

Respect! Must have the bollz for that. But I will, in due time.

With the latest update software and ' PERFECT CONGRATULATIONS , especially EASY TO USE , but' I could not operate the drone zip line part reaches point A to point B and was not even a video to better explain the operation that does not I understand why ' thank you, greetings from Emanuele

I LOVE the newest update. One odd thing is occurring that I need to go test right now again during Zip where I set the aircraft position clicking the button and it shows the correct altitude but then when I engage the Autopilot it will climb no matter what altitude and then hover of course until I tell it to fly to Point B.

@Autoflight Logic with the new firmware being released today from DJI V1.3.0 will you be releasing a new updated firmware or do we use the existing one or update to V1.3.0 ?
Richard I assume that this V1.3 firmware is still a beta version of the firmware that you are currently testing because you are part of their beta test? If not, where did you get that info?

The DJI Pilot App was updated this morning and is now called DJI Go. It mentions in the details that you need firmware V1.3.0 to use the new App which means the new firmware must be out today as they would not release the new app and then when everyone updates they can't connect to their aircraft. So V1.3.0 will be an official release and not a Beta version and must be in the process of being release in the next few hours. Hope that explains

You can use the latest Pilot/GO update. It is only some Library functions that requires users to wait for the new FW update (1.3.0). The release notes for DJI GO 2.0.0 (iOS) are:

What's New in Version 2.0.0
1. Brand new UI
2. Record and upload aerial videos, and sync them to your mobile device in real-time
3. Upload of your artwork in one click. Access and share them anytime
4. Single videos can also be shared and there are more video templates to choose from
5. New photo editing features including color adjustments, cropping, watermarks and filters
6. New‘Explore’ page which let’s you interact with other aerial photographers and learn about DJI’s latest news;
7. Added DJI BBS to allow you to share ideas with others
8. Support for the M100 Onboard SDK activation;
9. Bugs fixes for improved stability

Please note:
The Phantom 3 Professional firmware must be updated to v1.3.20 or above in order to use the Library functions in the DJI GO app.
The Inspire 1 firmware must be updated to v1.3.0 or above in order to use the Library functions in the DJI GO app.

More information on updating your firmware:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download
http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download

PS. The new firmware is there now.

Overview:1. All-in-One Firmware version updated to: v1.3.0

What’s New:

1. Added option to downgrade the aircraft firmware.

2. Added HD Video Conversion option in the video editor.

3. Added High Dynamic Range (HDR) shooting feature.

4. Enabled use of remote controller to shoot photos in burst mode.

5. Fixed issue of video files being damaged when aircraft is powered off during recording.

6. Added DJI SDK API support for Inspire 1.

7. Optimized transportation mode. Now allows entering transportation mode even when the gimbal is

still attached to the aircraft. Transportation mode is automatically triggered when the gimbal is detached from the aircraft. Additionally, users can now immediately attach the gimbal after powering on the aircraft and exiting transportation mode.

8. Added option to enable or disable the Vision Position System.

9. Added option in Failsafe mode to land the aircraft at the current location and altitude.

10. Added option to enable or disable Low Battery RTH feature.

11. Flightcontrollerparametersarenowretainedafterfirmwareupdates.

12. Support storing customized gimbal parameters.

13. Camera View now displays the DJI logo if a video output error is detected to avoid confusion with a blank

screen.

14. Motors stop spinning automatically if blocked by obstacles or excessive force.

15. Support updating remote controller firmware though the DJI GO app.

16. Optimized battery life algorithm.

17. The battery will conserve extra power if it has not been calibrated for the first time.

18. Optimized battery protection mechanism.
Bug Fixes:

1. Fixed the issue of DJI GO app displays “Flight Controller Data Error” when the capacity of flight controller is full.

2. Improved the stability of the flight controller.

3. Improved the stability of the Vision Position System.

4. Fixed the issue of failing to reset GPS coordinate on the mobile device.
© 2015 DJI All Rights Reserved

INSPIRE 1 Release Notes

Notice:

1. The battery must be fully charged and then discharged to below 5% power to complete the calibration. Manually toggle the Flight Mode Switch to enter the IOC.

2. Upgrading the remote controller firmware though USB flash drive is no longer supported after this update. Users should only update their remote controller by using the DJI GO app.

3. Motors may beep and LEDs may flash during the update. This is normal as the motors will be updated following this update.

4. The battery’s charge and discharge cycles may be affected by the update as a result of the new calculation method for the battery life.

5. Even after the Vision Position System is disabled, the landing gear will still automatically lower in order to protect the gimbal when flying at low altitudes. If such action is not desired, turn off the Intelligent Landing Gear feature in the DJI GO app.

6. Gimbal will produce beeping sound to indicate the parameters saved successfully.

7. Aircraft firmware can only be downgraded to v1.2.106 or later.
© 2015 DJI All Rights Reserved

You can use the latest Pilot/GO update. It is only some Library functions that requires users to wait for the new FW update (1.3.0). The release notes for DJI GO 2.0.0 (iOS) are:

What's New in Version 2.0.0
1. Brand new UI
2. Record and upload aerial videos, and sync them to your mobile device in real-time
3. Upload of your artwork in one click. Access and share them anytime
4. Single videos can also be shared and there are more video templates to choose from
5. New photo editing features including color adjustments, cropping, watermarks and filters
6. New‘Explore’ page which let’s you interact with other aerial photographers and learn about DJI’s latest news;
7. Added DJI BBS to allow you to share ideas with others
8. Support for the M100 Onboard SDK activation;
9. Bugs fixes for improved stability

Please note:
The Phantom 3 Professional firmware must be updated to v1.3.20 or above in order to use the Library functions in the DJI GO app.
The Inspire 1 firmware must be updated to v1.3.0 or above in order to use the Library functions in the DJI GO app.

More information on updating your firmware:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download
http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download

Question is if we update to that firmware with AutoPilot still work or do we have to wait for a different version of the SDK to carry on using it?

One of the features is the ability to reverse a FW update. This indicates that you could go back to the SDK release version.

Yes but that doesn't answer the question does it, I'm not going to go through the whole process of updating craft,controller, batteries just to have to downgrade again and re do all the updates. I will wait for @Autoflight Logic to comment on it's suitability.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizamartin8033