Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

We have a call scheduled with DJI today. Will report back later.

fingers are crossed.. I can't believe the position DJI has put their 3rd party developers in. Basically forced to develop with a buggy SDK and no public firmware with SDK support and unable to actually sell their software.

fingers are crossed.. I can't believe the position DJI has put their 3rd party developers in. Basically forced to develop with a buggy SDK and no public firmware with SDK support and unable to actually sell their software.
I'm out testing auto pilot now and finding that using the joystick to adjust the gimbal while it's on the ground works fine. But when it is airborn the craft spins with joystick not the gimbal.

We have a call scheduled with DJI today. Will report back later.
No timeline still.

I'm out testing auto pilot now and finding that using the joystick to adjust the gimbal while it's on the ground works fine. But when it is airborn the craft spins with joystick not the gimbal.
The joystick moves the gimbal, and Autopilot yaws the aircraft to eventually match the gimbal direction since having the front of the aircraft in the same direction as the gimbal results in the least likely chance to have the airframe in the shot.

No timeline still.

The joystick moves the gimbal, and Autopilot yaws the aircraft to eventually match the gimbal direction since having the front of the aircraft in the same direction as the gimbal results in the least likely chance to have the airframe in the shot.

Sorry to hear you guys are not getting clear guidance from DJI.

Makes me sad.

Reactions: Rustysilverwings
No timeline still.

I'll try it again but from what I've seen the craft responds instantly to rolling and yawing. If anything the camera has to catch up with the craft and its motion

I'll try it again but from what I've seen the craft responds instantly to rolling and yawing. If anything the camera has to catch up with the craft and its motion
Iforgot
Anotjer observation, to illustrate my issue/ confusion if I'm in hover/ target mode and want to adjust gimbal the gimbal remains stationary

Sorry to hear you guys are not getting clear guidance from DJI.

Makes me sad.

Sighs. 4+ months after stated SDK capabilities/functionality on phantom 3 release and DJI still have not delivered and still no indications of when. Wonder how people who the bought phantom 3 for its autopilot capabilities feel.

Sighs. 4+ months after stated SDK capabilities/functionality on phantom 3 release and DJI still have not delivered and still no indications of when. Wonder how people who the bought phantom 3 for its autopilot capabilities feel.

I feel bad for the developers wasting their time and not having a product to sell..

according to another android developer, his contact at DJI said end of August for new firmware/SDK

we will see...

Reactions: kode
Hi Guys, issue/query, need some advice before I'm forced to upgrade to DJI's latest firmware, meaning I cant continue to be on the Beta for AutoFlight, which will be really annoying as I love it and been waiting so long for it :-(

So I had a job last Friday, used the DJI Go App and its saved some of the really important footage locally on the iPad Mini 2, so I can view it on there but cant get it off the device, it says I need to connect to the i1 and the SD card, when I do this it says I need to upgrade the firmware to be able to save the footage, obviously if I do this I can not longer use AutoFlight!

Does anyone know a way of me getting the footage off the iPad without me upgrading the firmware, its a customers footage so if theres no way I'll be forced to to get the important footage

Hopefully someone knows a way :)

Thanks

so grab your footage off the SD card directly onto your computer. you don't need to use the app to import the footage

The footage isnt on the SD Card, its on the iPad only, I need to transfer it from the iPad to the SD card
So you erased your SD card already?
It must be still on there. On your SD the original full file remains. If you shot in 4K it will be saved in 1080p max on your iPad and you should be able to delete it in DJI Go, I had no problem with it. Saving to iPad is not working stable right now, at least with the beta fw. I would stay away from that feature for now.

No its not on the SD card, I've not delete anything.

This was my first time using the DJI GO app and what was happening was there was a default setting I wasn't aware of (wasn't an issue on the previous app) that was continuously overwriting each video with the same name DJI001.MP4, so I wasted 2 hours filming several videos, then when I put the SD card in the laptop to check there was only 1 DJI001.MP4 (very annoying)

After googling it its just a setting I need to change, but it meant 10 videos were not saved on the SD card, however they are all still on the iPad, hence I need to get them off there, hopefully without upgrading the firmware, but its not looking good

No its not on the SD card, I've not delete anything.

This was my first time using the DJI GO app and what was happening was there was a default setting I wasn't aware of (wasn't an issue on the previous app) that was continuously overwriting each video with the same name DJI001.MP4, so I wasted 2 hours filming several videos, then when I put the SD card in the laptop to check there was only 1 DJI001.MP4 (very annoying)

After googling it its just a setting I need to change, but it meant 10 videos were not saved on the SD card, however they are all still on the iPad, hence I need to get them off there, hopefully without upgrading the firmware, but its not looking good
Ah, that explains.
And it sucks. Try a file App for IOS (probably get a good payed one, the free ones are always restricted one way or the other). Wish you all the luck, Apple IOS isn't the easiest to play around with when it comes to getting stuff out of the file system.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
examdumps1