Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Autopilot is amazing.
Thanks for the support guys!

We are going back and forth with DJI on the new firmware, so stay tuned.

Here's a little sneak peek at what we've been working on:

Adaptive Horizontal Power (setting)
When enabled, Autopilot will constantly monitor the pitch and roll power output relative to ground speed in a given direction while engaged. Over time, Autopilot will use machine learning to construct a velocity reference frame that can be used to dynamically adjust the horizontal power output. These adjustments can help overcome environmental factors such as variable wind speed and air density.

Reactions: MikeReal and kode

When enabled, Autopilot will constantly monitor the pitch and roll power output relative to ground speed in a given direction while engaged. Over time, Autopilot will use machine learning to construct a velocity reference frame that can be used to dynamically adjust the horizontal power output. These adjustments can help overcome environmental factors such as variable wind speed and air density.

Sweet! Wait. What did you say? :)

I might suggest a more approachable description.

Can you give an quick example and describe the problem this addresses and what the results are?

Thx for cranking away on new stuff for us!

Sweet! Wait. What did you say? :)

I might suggest a more approachable description.

Can you give an quick example and describe the problem this addresses and what the results are?

Thx for cranking away on new stuff for us!
Currently when you are flying in windy weather and trying to do an orbit for example, the speed is not consistent nor is it perfect circle. This new option will help to resolve that.

Currently when you are flying in windy weather and trying to do an orbit for example, the speed is not consistent nor is it perfect circle. This new option will help to resolve that.

Ahhh. Gotcha. Any reason to have that turned off? If not, I'd say just build it into the modes that need it, nix the setting but add this to the features bullet list.

Ahhh. Gotcha. Any reason to have that turned off? If not, I'd say just build it into the modes that need it, nix the setting but add this to the features bullet list.
I am sure there is some reason to have it turned off like for example it might take up a lot of processing power on your tablet and for older tablets people might not want to use it. Its better to be able to turn such a major function off even if just for troubleshooting.

Are we going to see a new firmware by the weekend so I can get back into the Beta testing?

Also I really appreciate all the features that keep getting added as it just gives you more to do and opens more possibilities for photography. Keep up the good work.

Are we going to see a new firmware by the weekend so I can get back into the Beta testing?

Also I really appreciate all the features that keep getting added as it just gives you more to do and opens more possibilities for photography. Keep up the good work.
The 1.4 developer firmware is already out. People have been reporting that it works with autopilot on a few different threads that i read. If you are currently non-functional with autopilot because you updated to 1.3 then maybe its worth a try.

The 1.4 developer firmware is already out. People have been reporting that it works with autopilot on a few different threads that i read. If you are currently non-functional with autopilot because you updated to 1.3 then maybe its worth a try.
Where is the firmware though?
I still have my link from Autopilot for the firmware but it is still the 1.02.02.17.
And yes I did update to 1.3 which took me out with no going back. DJI realease notes said you can go back but it did not work for me.

Last edited:
I am sure there is some reason to have it turned off like for example it might take up a lot of processing power on your tablet and for older tablets people might not want to use it. Its better to be able to turn such a major function off even if just for troubleshooting.
The main reason is for testing right now. If you are encountering issue with the new algorithm, we wanted to provide a way to turn it off (you can even do it mid-flight since the settings are available from the Flight Dashboard now) in order to compare the flight behavior without the algorithm running.

There are a few issues that we are working out with DJI before we are going to officially recommend it, and we hope that will be by the end of today.

Reactions: damoncooper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizamartin8033