Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

v1.4 is from DJI, yes. I don't know if the posted v1.4 is final or not but v1.4 contains a fix to a problem that allowed the motors to arm when the GPS unit was disconnected, allowing ATTI flight in no-fly zones.

So v1.4 is a one-way ticket.

Don't shoot the messenger :)

V1.4 is from DJI. I don't know if the posted 1.4 is final or not but v1.4 contains a fix to to a problem that allowed the motors to arm when the GPS unit was disconnected, allowing ATTI flight in no-fly zones.

So v1.4 is a one-way ticket.

Don't shoot the messenger :)
what about the fw where you can roll back?? shouldn't that be for all fw after the 1.3 that was resently put up on dji homepage? the one that had the sdk error not supporting it... the sdk i mean and jim told us to not update because of that.
just asking...

what about the fw where you can roll back?? shouldn't that be for all fw after the 1.3 that was resently put up on dji homepage? the one that had the sdk error not supporting it... the sdk i mean and jim told us to not update because of that.
just asking...

Apparently doesn't apply to v1.4 from what I can tell.

Apparently doesn't apply to v1.4 from what I can tell.
i see... ok. will have to give it a try :) just finished a two day shoot... adventure park but not the one you guys might think of... (six flags etc...) imagine 3 hektar woods with a small lake in the middle of the areal and through the trees and wood go steel cables where you can climb along... will post link when the new imagefilm is online. :)
sorry to be off topic. just getting back to the normal adrenalin level... :D
had to tell you guys...

Will the new build 29 work with the older beta firmware we started testing autopilot with? I have upgraded to build 29 but have not messed with the aircraft/rc yet and didn't want to before my flights tomorrow.

Anyone tried build 29 without updating to 1.04?

Last edited:
Thanks, that's good to know. It makes sense also, but it didn't cross my mind when I tried the app on the boat, all shaking and all. It is kind of adrenalin rushing to see your 3000 Euro bird taken over by an app on an iPad, 1500feet off the nearest shore. But as far as the flying concerns, I'm now pretty confident with it.

It's an amazing add on to the already incredible Inspire1 (love this bird), there nothing like seeing this thing soar by in follow mode, while you're steering your boat. A personal robot in the sky, that's exactly how it feels. Other boat folks were truly amazed when they saw that mean bird of prey following our boat. "That must be an expensive drone, right?", they yelled. "You bet", I yelled back :)
I'm going to attempt to launch off a boat soon and am wondering if you might offer any advice. Example with dynamic home did you have any problems getting your Inspire back to the boat and what kind of challenges in landing- was your boat moving or at rest?
thanks,
Chip

Initially i tried to install 1.4 but got an error so i installed 1.3 first and updated AC, batteries and RC with 1.3 then tried again and 1.4 did install on AC.

The controller shows version 1.3 and would not update to 1.4. Is this normal?

To be sure there is no confusion, the firmware version is not v 1.4, but rather 1.04. Also confusing is that the release notes on What to Test say "Updated to v2.3.0 of the DJI SDK (new beta firmware supported)." I assume this also refers to v 1.04.

Last edited:
I got to fly today with the newest firmware from the Autoflight website. Everything worked fantastic! I used follow, orbit, and zip line. Follow worked perfectly as did zip line. The only small issue was that orbit seemed to slow down on the last half of the orbit. I did not get a chance to try the new mode designed to fix that, but I will next time. This is an amazing app. I used it with my Phantom 2+ and now my Inspire. Thank you for putting so much care into your software.

Reactions: MikeReal and kode
Hi Guys. I was just doing some testing with map caching because Im going for a big hike tomorrow. It appears that autopilot does not cache maps nor does it use the maps that DJI Go has cached either. The places I hike rarely have cell coverage so that means I cant use your program. Is there something I am missing?

For me this is a big issue because i do a lot of hiking but even when I am within cell range, my tablet only has wifi so that means i have to create a hotspot and then wait for the maps to load which can be painful over cellular data (and it uses up my data). With DJI Go my preflight the night before always included map caching so that when i got to where i was going i was 100% ready to fly with no extra steps.

I'm going to attempt to launch off a boat soon and am wondering if you might offer any advice. Example with dynamic home did you have any problems getting your Inspire back to the boat and what kind of challenges in landing- was your boat moving or at rest?
thanks,
Chip
No problems at all.
I just waited until the boat was at rest and stable with no waves of passing boats. My buddy stretched out his arms above his head and I hovered the I1 right over his hands with gear down. He grabbed the 2 legs diagonally and I shut down the motors, just by pulling the throttle down. That's it. Very easy.
Dynamic home point was working fine I guess. The I1 was following the RC. Although I would never do a RTH over water. Just make sure you have enough juice left when you decide to bring it in. You have to be able to take your time to hover it while the boat settles. Over water I don't go lower than 50%, just to be sure. I don't want it to get into a battery low auto return or autolanding while flying off the boat.

Updated the new Beta firmware and she flies like a dream. Horizon level is still way off and DJI need to fix this issue as its getting a joke. But Autopilot performed flawlessly. Only tested Orbit mode this morning as its so windy on the coast but App was perfect, no crashes.

Hi Guys. I was just doing some testing with map caching because Im going for a big hike tomorrow. It appears that autopilot does not cache maps nor does it use the maps that DJI Go has cached either. The places I hike rarely have cell coverage so that means I cant use your program. Is there something I am missing?
Autopilot uses MapKit, which is a built-in feature to iOS and uses Apple maps. It is supposed to keep tiles from previous usage, but it clears them at will and gives developers no control over how much to retain in memory. We are considering switching to Google Maps for several reasons, this being one of them. That may not happen until v2.1 however, as we don't want to delay this release for it.

The only small issue was that orbit seemed to slow down on the last half of the orbit. I did not get a chance to try the new mode designed to fix that, but I will next time.
If you were using Build 29 it comes with Adaptive Horizontal Power enabled by default. Were you on a previous build?

Only tested Orbit mode this morning as its so windy on the coast but App was perfect, no crashes.
Did the Adaptive Horizontal Power account for the wind conditions? Mind emailing the flight logs?

Happy to report that, after updating to 1.04 and build29, the gimbal reset is now fully working!
Automatically after disengage, or just when you tap the button in the more menu?

Reactions: damoncooper
If you were using Build 29 it comes with Adaptive Horizontal Power enabled by default. Were you on a previous build?

Did the Adaptive Horizontal Power account for the wind conditions? Mind emailing the flight logs

Can you remind me how to pull the flight logs again so I can send them

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElwoodLope