Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Autopilot uses MapKit, which is a built-in feature to iOS and uses Apple maps. It is supposed to keep tiles from previous usage, but it clears them at will and gives developers no control over how much to retain in memory. We are considering switching to Google Maps for several reasons, this being one of them. That may not happen until v2.1 however, as we don't want to delay this release for it.

If you were using Build 29 it comes with Adaptive Horizontal Power enabled by default. Were you on a previous build?

Did the Adaptive Horizontal Power account for the wind conditions? Mind emailing the flight logs?

Automatically after disengage, or just when you tap the button in the more menu?

Can not beta test participants also download v1.04, and system testing now?

when we update to the Beta 1.04 Firmware, can we still use DJI Pilot or will we have to go to the new DJI Go app?

Autopilot uses MapKit, which is a built-in feature to iOS and uses Apple maps. It is supposed to keep tiles from previous usage, but it clears them at will and gives developers no control over how much to retain in memory. We are considering switching to Google Maps for several reasons, this being one of them. That may not happen until v2.1 however, as we don't want to delay this release for it.

If you were using Build 29 it comes with Adaptive Horizontal Power enabled by default. Were you on a previous build?

Did the Adaptive Horizontal Power account for the wind conditions? Mind emailing the flight logs?

Automatically after disengage, or just when you tap the button in the more menu?

A BIG "+1" to switching to Google Maps. And a big "please" to a 3D flight preview using Google maps in satellite view.

The (cough-Copilot-cough) other guys are doing it and it's awesome to check camera angle, height, orientation, etc for flight modes where it makes sense (ie Orbit, Zipline, future Waypoint mode) and will be a great differentiator vs what's coming built into the DJI GO app.

Anyone know how to get the 1.04 firmware on the RC as it will not take it through the USB?
I know you are supposed to do the download through the DJI Go app but I don't see where to download the firmware

Can not beta test participants also download v1.04, and system testing now?
Please, can somebody answer me?
Not sure I understand what you are asking. Are you asking can you download the beta firmware, even if you aren't participating in the Autopilot beta? I suppose you can but it is intended for Autopilot beta testers only.

The (cough-Copilot-cough) other guys are doing it and it's awesome to check camera angle, height, orientation, etc for flight modes where it makes sense (ie Orbit, Zipline, future Waypoint mode) and will be a great differentiator vs what's coming built into the DJI GO app.
If they are doing it, why not just use their app? Not saying it wouldn't be a cool feature, but there are plenty of other things that I am sure people would rather have first, such as waypoint mode, etc. I assume there are other things about Autopilot that you like better?

Not sure I understand what you are asking. Are you asking can you download the beta firmware, even if you aren't participating in the Autopilot beta? I suppose you can but it is intended for Autopilot beta testers only.

My question is, if I'm not an "Autopilot beta tester" from the beginning, is it NOW possible for everybody to download v1.4 software, and fly with my Inspire with this. Will it work, if I download the app's on my IPad Air 2 GPS, and can I fly all the software ( Orbit, Zipline, future Waypoint mode) as the Autopilot beta testers? Or is it ONLY reserve for the Autopilot beta testers? Is Autopilot now disponible for everybody?

Last edited:
My question is, if I'm not an "Autopilot beta tester" from the beginning, is it NOW possible to download v1.4 software, and fly with my Inspire with this. Will it work, if I download the app's on my IPad Air 2 GPS, and can fly all the software as the Autopilot beta testers?
You cannot download the Autopilot app unless you are an Autopilot beta tester, and the beta test is closed / full at this point. You could upgrade to the firmware (as the link is public), but it wouldn't give you access to Autopilot.

You cannot download the Autopilot app unless you are an Autopilot beta tester, and the beta test is closed / full at this point. You could upgrade to the firmware (as the link is public), but it wouldn't give you access to Autopilot.
OK, thanks for the answer. Will it take long time, for us to can use and fly with? Days, weeks, months?

We are putting together a list of things that differentiate Autopilot from the competition. What do you think?
http://autoflightlogic.com/beta/autopilotdji/flightschool#introduction-key-features

Very nice, but I saw on the DJI form from Rich (beta tester) the possibilities, great! I thought that the software was release free yesterday for everybody now, I bought all the apps for my IPad AIR2 and iPhone 6 plus (can I use it later, or it is worthless?) so we have to wait, so I hope it does not take too long before we can go this beautiful software testing and use. Many look forward! take it easy, regards

I have 1.04 fw and now my RC beeps as soon as i turn it and wont stop. Not a battery issue. Any ideas anyone?

I did get a few flights before this started.

If they are doing it, why not just use their app? Not saying it wouldn't be a cool feature, but there are plenty of other things that I am sure people would rather have first, such as waypoint mode, etc. I assume there are other things about Autopilot that you like better?

Yeah don't get me wrong. I'm autopilot all the way, just pointing out that once waypoints are in the bag, switching to Google Maps, adding control over caching, and using it to do 3D flyover / previews would be a great differentiator and those are important as the GS stuff will be live in the GO app shortly.

Just please consider these items for a future release.

And keep up the great work.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chassee