Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

I'm out trying to fly to inspire with the latest AutoFlight #31 build and but all the app is doing is crashing.I can open the app and try to engage it but it immediately crashes. Build number 30 seem to work fine, mostly - it would crash now and then- but today the program is - for me and my ipad mini 2 - unusable . Has anybody else try the newest build number 31and what kind of results are you getting. DJI pilot firmware seems to working fine but not the autoflight logic. Attn AuotoFlight: Is there any way to reinstall #30 build?
Thanks

Last edited:
I'm out trying to fly to inspire with the latest AutoFlight #31 build and but all the app is doing is crashing.I can open the app and try to engage it but it immediately crashes. Build number 30 seem to work fine, mostly - it would crash now and then- but today the program is - for me and my ipad mini 2 - unusable . Has anybody else try the newest build number 31and what kind of results are you getting. DJI pilot firmware seems to working fine but not the autoflight logic. Attn AuotoFlight: Is there any way to reinstall #30 build?
Thanks
I put build 31 on yesterday and was not having any problems, I did a zipline and a follow. Also I used a ipad air 2 and iphone 6 plus.

Thanks
Maybe you could try to reload 30. But .... I am not sure you can go back on a app. I sort of don't think you can.

Last edited:
I put build 31 on yesterday and was not having any problems, I did a zipline and a follow. Also I used a ipad air 2 and iphone 6 plus.
Hmm. Are you using DJI Go App by any chance?I'm using an earlier version of theirs -pre Go-. I wonder if that might be a problem-or not.

I was hoping not to have to upgrade my DJI app but maybe I will have to now. AutoFlight (if you're listening / watching this thread) would you please comment?

Well I figure out my problem for now -for my equip.that is - with DJi I can fly without the SD card -but for AutoFlight I have to have it in. Very possible it was stated somewhere that it was necessary but I obviously missed it. Thanks for your input Paul.
Chip

Well I figure out my problem for now -for my equip.that is - with DJi I can fly without the SD card -but for AutoFlight I have to have it in. Very possible it was stated somewhere that it was necessary but I obviously missed it. Thanks for your input Paul.
Chip
Found the issue. We added a progress bar to show the percent remaining on the SD card (beneath the camera recording time) and it assumed that the size of the SD card was always greater than zero (therefore getting a div by zero error).

It will be corrected in the next build - thanks for finding it!

I tried using Follow today. I was on my bike and had it set to RC for subject, Course for direction, 10 meters altitude 10 meters distance. The I1 was surging and did not follow me smoothly and the video reflected that.

I tried changing some settings while it was in the air and engaged and when i did the I1 starting doing a chicken dance spinning and jerking around so had to abort.

Inspire 1
Samsung tab pro

Best settings for orbit mode?
What settings have you all used to give best results in orbit mode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey everyone. Help me plz, I'm not beta tester, but I really need a beta version of the autopilot. Need to test a little upgrade of my Inspire 1. Can somebody upload it? For iOS or Android, doen't matter. Plz guys, help.
Best regards.

AutoFlight Logic, would or could you add a vertical speed slider so when doing say a follow that I can make it go slow vertically to make sure it clears trees then do the follow. This would give time to react if it was going to hit the trees.

I typically use POI for many of my flights and find it challenging to locate on the map using my iPhone 6. In landscape mode, the map is so narrow. My iPad works better but it doesn't have the barometer so it doesn't work as well as the iPhone 6.

Am I missing something in how to blow up the map area when selecting the POI's?

Reactions: damoncooper
I'm sorry if this was already covered, but I just can't go through the past 42 pages to make sure at this moment.

First, the product is EXCELLENT! I also think you guys are doing a great job at listening to our feedback and then making changes to it based on the feedback. I like that it feels like a new build or two are released a week. Keep it up!

I know waypoints are down the road but is it (or will it be) possible to fly a specific route and have the software record everything from the altitude and speed to where the camera is pointed so that one can repeat that flight over and over again by simply loading from a "Previously Flown Mission" page? It wouldn't need to record all of the flights but just the ones you tell it to record. I'd like to do a 3D timelapse of a 5 story building going up. So, I want to be able to go to the location , launch and manually fly the drone into the general area where its supposed to start an orbit. Then let AutoFlight take over flying the drone in an orbit and locking on the same subject a couple of times a week until the building is done. Then put it all together into a neat video showing the building grow from all angles.

Is that going to be on the roadmap of the near future when waypoints are released? It would really be helpful for people in security as well having to patrol an area.

Thank you and keep up the GREAT work!

somebody upload it?
The beta test is nearing completion and we are preparing to submit to the App Store for approval next week. Please don't ask people to help you get an unauthorized copy of the app.

AutoFlight Logic, would or could you add a vertical speed slider so when doing say a follow that I can make it go slow vertically to make sure it clears trees then do the follow. This would give time to react if it was going to hit the trees.
There are already settings for Altitude Priority and Max Vertical Power. Do these not cover what you need?

Am I missing something in how to blow up the map area when selecting the POI's?
Are you referring to the map on the pre-flight screen (not the Flight Dashboard)? If you open the Flight Dashboard you can get a bigger version of the map.

I know waypoints are down the road but is it (or will it be) possible to fly a specific route and have the software record everything from the altitude and speed to where the camera is pointed so that one can repeat that flight over and over again by simply loading from a "Previously Flown Mission" page?
I believe what you are describing will be handled by what we are calling "Playback Mode", but that is not scheduled for release in 2.0. Hopefully it will come in the next release.

Reactions: offshorecl1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineC