Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Any chance the final could include an in-app copy of flight school doc vs hitting the web page?
The issue is that Flight School is updated all the time, and we don't want to be tied to the app review process for people to get the latest content, especially if it is safety related.

Just released build 33 that is tested to work with the latest beta firmware. Please update before the final testing push this weekend.
Illness kept me from being nearly as active as I'd hoped with this exciting software. My observations are limited:
1. Lost contact occurred more often than with GO and Pilot and I'll hope to see better performance in these more recent Autopilot builds.
2. Each of the modes I tried worked well and were fairly easy to configure. The Flight School being so available was just superb.
3. Marketing. I can't imagine any Inspire owner not buying the basic program and modules as well. Phantom owners will be less demanding of the features provided but they'll buy as well and with a smaller penetration.
4. General recommendation should be to use Autopilot with a tablet-sized device to overcome the wealth of information presented the operator.
5. What will our world be like if DJI and you folks again utilize different FW builds and take divergent paths?
6. Get some happy user case histories worked up for different applications...get 'em published and then reprinted for dealer use and web downloads.
7. Can you "get in the box" with DJI and have purchase incentives, or at least product information distributed that way?
8. I enjoyed extra-long fight paths with Autopilot, but obviously don't know whether to credit FW or software.
9. There's lots of detail facing new pilots; we need to show them a comparison chart against GO to explain why "free" isn't as good at $50 with you.
10. Sell the program to us beta testers...its worth it and needn't be free. You don't need to have 500 prospects walk away with money they'd gladly leave with you.
11. Good luck and thanks for making a significant contribution to this market and to this developing industry.

1. Lost contact occurred more often than with GO and Pilot and I'll hope to see better performance in these more recent Autopilot builds..
I never get signal loss unless i am over 1.5 kms away and there are a few trees in the way of DLOS. If there are a lot of trees or your antenna or not aligned properly could cause more problems. Did you see the tutorial that comes up when you first installed the new DJI Go app? If you are flying beyond visual sight use the map to orient your antanna directly to the I1.

The issue is that Flight School is updated all the time, and we don't want to be tied to the app review process for people to get the latest content, especially if it is safety related.

I completed understand the need to provide updated documentation. For me, half the time I end up flying without any network connectivity so the online documentation approach doesn't work.

Is there not a way to cache the online documentation? This way the content is not stored as part of the app download but a new copy is always downloaded when the app is launched with network connectivity. Someone could launch the app before going offline and they would know they have updated docs.

Could this be added in a future release?

Anyone else having trouble getting the newest SDK Firmware on their RC Tx?
My RC didnt update for 1.4.0.6 and as I recall my RC didnt update from 1.3 to 1.4.0.1 either but none the less all seems to be working fine.

My RC didnt update for 1.4.0.6 and as I recall my RC didnt update from 1.3 to 1.4.0.1 either but none the less all seems to be working fine.

Mine neither. Since I updated RC, AC and batteries to V1.30 and then rolled the AC back to V1.4.0.1 only the AC has responded to updates not the RC or batteries and all flies fine.

Mine neither. Since I updated RC, AC and batteries to V1.30 and then rolled the AC back to V1.4.0.1 only the AC has responded to updates not the RC or batteries and all flies fine.
Currently my RC is on 1.2.1 and not letting me update to the 1.04 firmware. Should I try to update the RC to 1.3 (current one) and use AutoPilot? The AC and batteries are on the beta firmware as far as I can tell.

Currently my RC is on 1.2.1 and not letting me update to the 1.04 firmware. Should I try to update the RC to 1.3 (current one) and use AutoPilot? The AC and batteries are on the beta firmware as far as I can tell.
What I did was update everything to 1.3 and then I updated to 1.4 and that seemed to work fine.

Reactions: flydogs
The latest SDK beta firmware updated my Aircraft and my batteries but again not my remote control. No updates to that since implementing V1.3.0.00

Guys, i have been reading and finally managed to become a member of the forum :). I have a problem regarding updating to the latest beta firmware.

My inspire updates just fine but the remote does not update. It doesn't even try to update. No beeps, nothing. Any tips?

Hm... sounds a bit weird. I did it like this:
- format an USB Stick with FAT32
- copy bin file to USB Stick
- switch off the Inspire
- plug USB Stick to the RC
- hear a continuosly "beep-beep-beep-beep" and after a while a "beep ---- beep-beep"
- and everything works perfekt.

I even updated a brand new batterie with beta sdk firmware (1.04) running on the inspire copying the 1.3 firmware on the sd card and did an update of the new batterie. No Problem at all..

Strangely I updated the remote via the DJI app on my Ipad mini and everything went perfect!

Only problem is that my beta invite expired and I really wanted to test the new build on a shoot tomorrow!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu