Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Nice hairpin follow in that last curve! I can't imagine how many "white knuckle" moments you guys have had testing stuff out :).

"Where is it!?"
"It disappeared into the clouds"
"Wait. There it is. 50 feet from the mountain!".

:). Nice work.

Good Point!! Sorry for doubting :(

I'm trying to avoid those exact 'white knuckle' moments by looking to develop a 'Saviour' system with some Boffs...

Thats some AWESOME footage you have there, did you try any closure to the target work and do you have any advice on some download MTB work I have coming up for a 'energy drink' team?.... Assuming iGeeks bloody approve the **** thing as I didn't get a Beta...:(

You guys drive with your windows open when using RC in closed car or do the signals get thru the chassis of car?

When I did follow I was in a topless kit car. The remote was in my lap the whole time. We went through a lot of tree areas where the trees completely covered the road. Worst thing was the video was choppy on the Downlink. I was concerned when it was behind us because the remote and phone were completely covered by my body, but it worked great!

Here's some video from my time using Follow Me. Every shot in this video is using Autopilot, including ascends from ground level. There is one Orbit shot at the beginning.

How do you get the gimbal to reset? Is it in the app or are you using a C button?
As others have mentioned the reseting ( centering the camera in forward direction)of the gimbal/camera seems random -sometimes it works other times no. The only way that seems to work consistently( for me) is to switch to the DJI app and hit the center camera icon. Which means going back and forth between apps -not so good. Has ANYONE found a method within AutoPilot that works consistently or is it just a few of us(?) who don't know how or is it a bug that needs fixing? AutoFlight Logic please comment.
Thanks

Just bought the retail version and will hold off using until it's good to go. Thanks for making a great product and I'm sure it will be better than a likely dumbed down version from DJI. What a great company. I made 2 suggestions and they were both implemented within a few days!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you have any issues with signal inside the car? What did you do to prevent signal loss while inside the car?
Never had an issue with it.

Did you change settings on the fly?
Yes, you can see the log here.

"Where is it!?"
"It disappeared into the clouds"
"Wait. There it is. 50 feet from the mountain!"
Yep, that is pretty much what the cockpit flight recorder sounded like. Just to be clear though, we were never worried :)

You guys drive with your windows open when using RC in closed car or do the signals get thru the chassis of car?
Done it with windows down and up, seems to be fine either way.

Do I need to buy the 'Add-ons' ie. POI, etc... Basically is V2 coming with these already or not?
All Mode upgrades are still in place in version 2. If you buy them in v1 you won't need to buy them again in v2.

How do you get the gimbal to reset? Is it in the app or are you using a C button?
There is an option in the More menu from the Flight Dashboard to reset the gimbal if it doesn't reset on disengage for some reason (SDK bug).

is there any time scale on release
Waiting for Apple approval still (submitted 7 days ago at this point) and for the firmware release tomorrow.

AutoPilot Follow using course.

Hi Paul, thanks for the vid. Can't wait to get my hands in this hopefully this week.

Did you have to keep the remote and iPad with you on your bike? If so...how did you carry it without moving and if the controls?

Hey 'Autoflight Logic' So whats the word, Do we upgrade to today's (07Sep) new dji firmware? Will your beta App still work?
Or should I wait? I don't wanna loose the functionality of your amazing app!

I guess once Jim will have had a chance to check out new firmware (don't forget US time difference) we will be notified on this forum wether new firmware is compatible with his beta app !

I guess once Jim will have had a chance to check out new firmware (don't forget US time difference) we will be notified on this forum wether new firmware is compatible with his beta app !
Sorry for the delay - we are on Hawaiian time (if you haven't noticed from the videos :)). Will test it shortly and report back.

In the meantime, check out our new trailer:

I liked it that much I ordered some more batteries to play now just need the APPLE cops to get a shift one so I can get my hands on it I got some travelling coming up to the far reaches of the UK.... Any chance of a BETA promise I'll be good :)

From the east coast, AF works with new DJI firmware with Target, Zip line, and Orbit by my testing today. New DJI firmware allows what they call POI and Waypoints, but the only way to set POIs is to fly there. Very desirably, you can save the points you've identified by such flying, and save the routes you've flown. However, the major disadvantage is you cannot plan a POI using maps, or preset altitude. Gimbal control to pre specify what you shoot is also not available as far as I can see now. DJI have added course control and home control, which I've not yet tried. Finding the DJI controls is not immediately obvious. You must enter F mode which opens a new icon just to left of center at the top of the camera view screen.
All in all, purchase of AF is a no-brainier to add major functionality to a $3000 investment, despite DJIs new functions.

Last edited:
Reactions: UAV Man

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brainfraktured