Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Any chance of getting an 'undo last edit' function? When you get to dozens of WPs, it really hurts when an accidental swipe screws it up. So far I just try to save ever few mins so it's not too painful
shake to bring up undo menu.

Reactions: 2nd2non
I like the shake option but if the iPad is clamped in the controller mount it might not be the easiest to shake. Would another way to undo be an option?

Reactions: gregdd
@Autoflight Logic: Got a question for you. Is it possible if using the barometer in an iPad to use it as a baseline for the AC elevation value that can then be written into the exif meta data? This would greatly enhance the accuracy of elevation data that would be useful for some of us. I didnt know whether this could be done as part of your FC or dependant on the dji base code or SDK calls.

Reactions: damoncooper
I have to say, hats off!
This app is exactly what I've always wanted to fly a Multicopter Autonom can.
So I can finally transpose my ideas.
Many thanks and a nice Christmas.

I have to say, hats off!
This app is exactly what I've always wanted to fly a Multicopter Autonom can.
So I can finally transpose my ideas.
Many thanks and a nice Christmas.
Thanks, merry Christmas to you as well!

Looking for ideas on mission planning? Check out this Flight Plan we just created for the Master's: autopilot://flightplan/Tal0FwQ6Xv
Does anyone here know someone at CBS Sports?

Would love to see some of the Flight Plans you guys are creating!

IMG_0083.jpg

Reactions: Ascender
I had a problem!
In an orbit flight of Inspire has at one point left the trajectory.
I could find no fault.
After the stop and reload the flight plan is again everything went normal.
No idea what that was.

.upload_2015-12-26_6-40-48.png

Attachments

• 2015-12-20-165346-596.zip
    540.9 KB · Views: 9
I had a problem!
In an orbit flight of Inspire has at one point left the trajectory.
I could find no fault.
After the stop and reload the flight plan is again everything went normal.
No idea what that was.
Please email support if you can reproduce the issue.

If I fly manually or while disengaged to some point on the flight path, can I engage in joystick mode and pickup at the nearest WP in the flight path? I am trying to avoid starting back at WP#1 for ad hoc partial flight path flying. Don't have a chance to try it out in advance of a trip in mountains Friday.p and will have a short window to fly, so don't want to guess.

Last edited:
Question on focus triggers with strategy = direction. If I yaw the aircraft by course 180deg, then setup another identical focus trigger downstream with course yaw 180 deg but add interpolation set to previous, shouldn't it yaw the aircraft back to 0deg? I can't seem to get this to work as I run path inspector. I've tried all combinations of interpolation between both focus triggers.

When will be the SW disponible? Days, weeks, month?
Do you mean when will Apple approve the app? Not sure but it usually takes 10 business days from the time we submit for review. This time was a bit different because the review team went on holiday from Dec 22-29, so it is unclear but it should be soon.

If I fly manually or while disengaged to some point on the flight path, can I engage in joystick mode and pickup at the nearest WP in the flight path? I am trying to avoid starting back at WP#1 for ad hoc partial flight path flying. Don't have a chance to try it out in advance of a trip in mountains Friday.p and will have a short window to fly, so don't want to guess.
This is not possible in the current build, but we are open to allowing it in the next release.

Question on focus triggers with strategy = direction. If I yaw the aircraft by course 180deg, then setup another identical focus trigger downstream with course yaw 180 deg but add interpolation set to previous, shouldn't it yaw the aircraft back to 0deg? I can't seem to get this to work as I run path inspector. I've tried all combinations of interpolation between both focus triggers.
It isn't additive. If you want the final heading to be 0 degrees off the course, the second focus trigger needs to be 0 degrees, and it will interpolate between the two.

It isn't additive. If you want the final heading to be 0 degrees off the course, the second focus trigger needs to be 0 degrees, and it will interpolate between the two.
Ok, that's what I did to get it working. But I was trying to control direction second of yaw. It looks like it takes the shortest path, so I had to offset and use 5deg to get it going the same direction as first yaw (ie. right yaw).

Ok, that's what I did to get it working. But I was trying to control direction second of yaw. It looks like it takes the shortest path, so I had to offset and use 5deg to get it going the same direction as first yaw (ie. right yaw).
Right, or just create an intermediate focus trigger between the two.

Can we get an option to invert the vertical gimbal movements in joystick mode? i.e. pushing forward causes the gimbal to pan down instead of up.
Will take a look at that, in addition to allowing pitch / yaw of the gimbal with the left stick so as to allow Waypoint Joystick Mission type to work simultaneously with Joystick Focus Strategy (without roll capability unless you press C2).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
examdumps1