Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

@Autoflight Logic
Can you help me understand the responsive parameter setting? I usually have this set to 2secs. Now, with build 71 the default is 5secs. Does this mean the flight controller will wait longer to correct its position if it is off track? Or can it help with how aggressively it corrects the aircraft? Sorry I'm unable to test it for several weeks due to an RMA, so was hoping to get your perspective. The flight school leads me to believe it's related to time buffer before it would allow a full throttle direction shift.

Reactions: gregdd
Does this mean the flight controller will wait longer to correct its position if it is off track?
Yes, larger values me it will take longer to correct position, which is the drawback.

Or can it help with how aggressively it corrects the aircraft?
Yes, this is the benefit, that the aircraft should make less abrupt course corrections.

it's related to time buffer before it would allow a full throttle direction shift.
This is exactly what it means. The flight controller sends commands to the aircraft every 100ms. A value of 5 seconds means that if the aircraft is traveling due north at 35 mph, and for some reason it needs to start traveling due south at 35 mph (70 mph delta), the largest change in velocity it will send is (70 mph / 5 sec) * 0.1 sec = 1.4 mph per command.

Reactions: 2nd2non
Thank you, been playing with the Beta at home and Iv got to say I'm very impressed indeed. I have not looked at any on the 3rd party apps till now but once I got my head around it it's very powerful. I got setting up fairly complex WP missions with multiple focus points in no time and I love the transitioning between them and the ability to move the point that should complete by.

Not flown it yet though.

First: the features in this software is just amazing - thumbs up - POI is just spot on, better than i would even dream to expect :) Thanks

I think i was reading about object tracking previous on this tread, but i do not seem to be able to find it again. So here comes a question you most likely answared before :) Do you have any plans of making object tracking availible. Example senario: if filming trucks on the move - then track a moving truck? I know it can be done if sitting in the truck with follow me mode. But if you are not in the truck and need to film fx. 3 diffrent trucks? I think the previous posts was about ships.

Do you have any plans of making object tracking availible. Example senario: if filming trucks on the move - then track a moving truck? I know it can be done if sitting in the truck with follow me mode. But if you are not in the truck and need to film fx. 3 diffrent trucks? I think the previous posts was about ships.
If you can put another device in the target truck, you could use Airspace. We are currently investigating creating a network version of Airspace that will allow distances further than 250 ft.

Reactions: Busch and gregdd
Had not much time today but a few quick notes regarding build 72...

- While playing with camera settings and diving through the menus I had some crashes of the app here and then, but I was not able to reproduce the crash on a single occasion yet. (iPad AIr 2 Cell, iOS 9.2)
- White Balance: It would be helpful to be able to enter Kelvins directly.
- Color Mode: For color matching between apps it would be nice to have D-Log, but I'm not sure if it's supported by the SDK in the first place. And could you explain the difference between "Neutral" and "None"? (btw, did you implement the O'SIR'IS Luts accidently?)
- Flight Dashboard: I'd like to fly with all Telemetry Details but the tapes are cropping the camera view to much. It would be nice to have a full view of the frame, at least in the non split-view (without inline controls).
- Not sure if its build 72, but I've noted a slight difference in temperature readout between AP and DJI Go (1° C). Not a problem, if its consistent through all temperature levels though...

And as feature request down the road map:
Split view for the Map View, so parameter editing of multiple waypoints is possible without loosing track of them because of the overlaying modal.

As always, thanks for all your efforts and keep up your extraordinary work!

Last edited:
- While playing with camera settings and diving through the menus I had some crashes of the app here and then, but I was not able to reproduce the crash on a single occasion yet. (iPad AIr 2 Cell, iOS 9.2)
Does it happen when tapping around quickly? I think we have a fix for this in the next build.

- White Balance: It would be helpful to be able to enter Kelvins directly.
Coming in the next build.

- Color Mode: For color matching between apps it would be nice to have D-Log, but I'm not sure if it's supported by the SDK in the first place. And could you explain the difference between "Neutral" and "None"? (btw, did you implement the O'SIR'IS Luts accidently?)
We are just dumping the values from DJICameraDigitalFilter into the GUI. The documentation isn't really clear on some of them so we will follow up with DJI.

Does it happen when tapping around quickly? I think we have a fix for this in the next build.

Yes, it happens exactly then, after tapping and switching some of the settings it doesn't....

We are just dumping the values from DJICameraDigitalFilter into the GUI.

Very Interesting, if DJI partners with VisionColor for an implementation of their color science this is a big deal. Perhaps sometimes IMPULZ is comming too...

@Autoflight Logic what happened to the telemetry detail showing uplink and downlink signal strength.? This was very helpful to see if my RC connection was still good if video uplink dropped. I hope this info wasn't lost due to DJI changing the SDK

Any chance to get histogram pop up to compliment the cam controls?

Last edited:
We are currently investigating creating a network version of Airspace that will allow distances further than 250 ft.
Network Airspace is now available in build 73!

@Autoflight Logic what happened to the telemetry detail showing uplink and downlink signal strength.?
The SDK renamed it to RC signal quality and Light Bridge signal quality, The RC is downlink, and is displayed in the instrument panel at the top. Light Bridge is uplink and is displayed in the left telemetry tape.

Any chance to get histogram pop up to compliment the cam controls?
Will consider it.

Reactions: damoncooper
which FW should be used for last autopilot version. i am hesitating to go for 1.6 due to the crashes i read and heard although the pilotes have done nothing wrong apperantly. i am on 1.4.00.10 at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does it work with the network?

2 Inspire, RC 2, Ipad 2 and now?

Connect the two iPad? if yes how?

or?

Have unfortunately not found in the documentation!

I can't seem to find the icon for camera controls. Where is it located
Right next to the recording button / timer at the bottom of the camera screen in the flight dashboard.

which FW should be used for last autopilot version. i am hesitating to go for 1.6 due to the crashes i read and heard although the pilotes have done nothing wrong apperantly. i am on 1.4.00.10 at the moment.
We only test the latest versions.

How does it work with the network?
Do you mean Network Airspace? The documentation is here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizamartin8033