Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

If you tap the reference map marker in Waypoint Mode, it includes a time estimate in the tooltip.

You can change the file format in the new camera settings dialog.

I mean the "Recorde Screen" function.
This draws on the screen in .m4v.
This format I can not export properly to use it in the video editing program.

2113.PNG

Is there a mode or an option to program to allow one stick to control forward speed and yaw with the camera being on the other stick.
The closest thing would be Waypoint Mode with Joystick Mission Type and Joystick Focus Strategy, but it requires toggling with C2 to switch the right Joystick from controlling to movement to controlling the gimbal. We are considering making the left stick control the gimbal in this case.

I mean the "Recorde Screen" function
Unfortunately that is a system dialog controlled by Apple. There is no way to change the format that we are aware of.

I just started testing the 3.1version with my Inspire 1 Pro. Focus seems to work; Orbit works as long as we are orbiting the operator. I have not been able to get it to work using a POI. Are you gradually adding functionality for the Pro? As a new user, I just wanted to be sure it wasn't something I was doing wrong as I am still getting used to things and not too sure of myself yet. Still getting wowed!

My quick question is, how does the bird behaves? I will have to fly in an area where there is a high chance of signal drop. I need to fly waypoints, 3.8 kms, 500m radius. I tried to fly via DJI go, had some signal loss.

So if I program the waypoints, and then hit fly, in case of signal loss, does the bird finishes waypoints, and the returns home, or it gets stuck on the way somewhere and in critical battery warning it flies home??

It's a good job, and I would not want to cancel it, but if the risk of bird loss is big, I will cancel it

You can sign up here.

Right now the C1 button seems to automatically try to open DJI GO. The C2 button is already in use for other things (search Flight School for C2 with Advanced Mode Controls selected). Open to the idea, but it would require a setting to say what you want C2 to be used for (to override the current behavior).

In other news:
We discovered a firmware issue that prevents the aircraft from executing Return-to-Home (RTH) on RC signal loss when any third-party app is connected via the SDK. Our testing does show that RTH will activate when the critical battery level is reached (configured in DJI GO), but this may result in the loss of your aircraft if the home location is too distant. DJI indicated that this issue will be resolved in the next firmware update, but they have not given us a timeline. Until then, we strongly recommend that you do not operate Autopilot (or any third-party app) near the edge of signal range.

We have posted this notice on our homepage as well.

So if I program the waypoints, and then hit fly, in case of signal loss, does the bird finishes waypoints, and the returns home, or it gets stuck on the way somewhere and in critical battery warning it flies home??
Autopilot has never supported Lost Connection Mission Continuation (LCMC), which has been discussed in detail on this thread, and in Flight School here. To be clear, the reason that Autopilot does not support LCMC is because of our custom flight controller, not because of the recently announced firmware issue, which is a separate but somewhat related issue. Normally, when the RC loses connection, the aircraft is supposed to immediately activate RTH, but the firmware issue prevents this. At the moment, the aircraft will hover until critical battery is reached. It will then attempt to RTH if the home point is close enough, or perform an emergency landing if not.

Autopilot has never supported Lost Connection Mission Continuation (LCMC), which has been discussed in detail on this thread, and in Flight School here. To be clear, the reason that Autopilot does not support LCMC is because of our custom flight controller, not because of the recently announced firmware issue, which is a separate but somewhat related issue. Normally, when the RC loses connection, the aircraft is supposed to immediately activate RTH, but the firmware issue prevents this. At the moment, the aircraft will hover until critical battery is reached. It will then attempt to RTH if the home point is close enough, or perform an emergency landing if not.
Sorry I did not catch that... tomorrow I will make a test flight in the area using DJI Go. I will try to find a higher ground around, and if no signal drops, I will test it with autopilot.

Thanks for the really quick answer. You guys rule!!!

I am using Inspire 1 - Pro. After a mission when I have disengaged Autopilot, I would like to be able to use the camera to fly some in FPV, but am not seeing how to do this in the tutorial. Is there any way to center the gimbal with the camera looking forward (in a FPV-style alignment)?

I am using Inspire 1 - Pro. After a mission when I have disengaged Autopilot, I would like to be able to use the camera to fly some in FPV, but am not seeing how to do this in the tutorial. Is there any way to center the gimbal with the camera looking forward (in a FPV-style alignment)?
Autopilot automatically resets the gimbal on disengage (assuming you left that setting enabled), but you can also do More > Reset Gimbal.

Autopilot automatically resets the gimbal on disengage (assuming you left that setting enabled), but you can also do More > Reset Gimbal.

Just for clarification: If I disengage autopilot by switching from F to P, then I do not know how to reset my gimbal. Switching from F to P does not reset the gimbal for me.

Hi just bought the app after the beta as intend to use it a bit.

one request

The ability to save a flight plan from the Flight Dashboard not just load one

EDIT

today's flight did not go well, will email you guys had a number off app crashes and some strange gimbal behaviour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Glen and skyscope
I am using Autopilot Beta 3.2.79

I started my flight today in follow mode focusing on the operator (me) and initially it worked ok, then I disengaged.

I then re-engaged and it displays the orange frame that says "RC Override". It tries to focus back on the operator, but never quite gets it back in the frame. I tried rolling the gimbal down .... and it pitches for a second, but then goes back up to above the intended focus point. I should be able to disengage and then re-engage during the same flight.

I am using Autopilot Beta 3.2.79

I started my flight today in follow mode focusing on the operator (me) and initially it worked ok, then I disengaged.

I then re-engaged and it displays the orange frame that says "RC Override". It tries to focus back on the operator, but never quite gets it back in the frame. I tried rolling the gimbal down .... and it pitches for a second, but then goes back up to above the intended focus point. I should be able to disengage and then re-engage during the same flight.
Yes, it should work. When you re-engaged did you immediately tap continue on the countdown screen? If you roll the gimbal wheel while Autopilot is engaged, it will calculate and apply a focus subject altitude offset, which will continue to apple after you let go of the gimbal wheel. If the altitude offset is not what you want long term, the focus subject could go out of frame.

Yes, it should work. When you re-engaged did you immediately tap continue on the countdown screen? If you roll the gimbal wheel while Autopilot is engaged, it will calculate and apply a focus subject altitude offset, which will continue to apple after you let go of the gimbal wheel. If the altitude offset is not what you want long term, the focus subject could go out of frame.

When I re-engaged, I cannot remember if I let it count down or if I continued through the countdown screen. I will do a screen recording and email it to you. I do know that I could not get the gimbal to roll to the target. The program simply would not allow it.

I am having a similar issue with the latest release, 3.1. I get the "RC Override" bar in orange if I disengage change modes, i.e. orbit to zipline, and then try to re-engage. The only way I was able to get things working was to close the app and re-start during flight. Is this supposed to happen?

Reactions: Terry Lowe
I am having a similar issue with the latest release, 3.1. I get the "RC Override" bar in orange if I disengage change modes, i.e. orbit to zipline, and then try to re-engage. The only way I was able to get things working was to close the app and re-start during flight. Is this supposed to happen?
Not supposed to happen. Will test it on Monday.

Reactions: Terry Lowe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manashiroy