Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok Damon, you got me caught up now :) lol
i want to do the same because it REALLY is interesting me so i will check the info you provided and start ordering.
i do have gens a e 10 000 mah... but they are to big and ugly not to mention heavy :(
also the nanos from turnegy with 8000 mah...
leaves me no choice :D order. would be a big beeakthrough to get more out of ghis bird :)keep it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i did switch the balance board from a 5700 to a 4500 and it still showed the 4500mah although it was fully charged. should i have completly depleted and recharged for reseting the board?
i had a crash and the board of the sort of new-ish 5700 mah batter bent and did not really show info apart from the -273 Centigrade so i swaped and took the balance. oard from my first pack that came with my AC. did not really work. maybe i will resolder it back, deplete and recharge. that might work then...

Yes, like I said above, you won't get capacity to show above what the original logic board is wired for. That's also true of adding extra batteries where the total mah capacity is 11,100mah in the case of a TB48 + 2 x 2700mah 6S's wired in parallel. It still works and is accurate in terms of capacity % remaining because the parallel-wired batteries drain in parallel, so 10% in main is 10% across the "virtual" bigger battery you have created.

To show battery cell info, you have to also connect up the balance lead.

To show battery temp, you also need to ensure the temp sensor is connected and working.

Yes, like I said above, you won't get capacity to show above what the original logic board is wired for. That's also true of adding extra batteries where the total mah capacity is 11,100mah in the case of a TB48 + 2 x 2700mah 6S's wired in parallel. It still works and is accurate in terms of capacity % remaining because the parallel-wired batteries drain in parallel, so 10% in main is 10% across the "virtual" bigger battery you have created.

To show battery cell info, you have to also connect up the balance lead.

To show battery temp, you also need to ensure the temp sensor is connected and working.
that is what i did trying to save my 5700 mah pack with the 4500 board. but i think i understand what you mean.

Hit their site, I think they have presence and dealers worldwide. Maybe give them a call too. They are good folks. Tony is their main support guy who I deal with in their Las Vegas HQ, he always picks up the phone himself when you select the Support option on the phone and he spends time explaining stuff which I appreciate.

Contact Us

The LIHV charger and 2 X 3500mah LiHVs are about this price:

View attachment 6183

The 7000mah LiHV is $199.99:

Thunder Power RC TP7000-6SHV

For anyone wondering why I would want the 7000 AND two 3500's, make note that

1) the 7000 is almost exactly the same dimensions as the cell volume of the TB48

2) it weighs just a touch more than the TB48 at 797g

3) a madman might consider gutting a TB48 and replacing its cells with those of the LiHV TP 7000 and adding the 2700's or 3500's as external batteries for a 14000mah power plant that weighs about the same as current weight with TB48 + aux batteries

Ahem.
Let me know the results of the LIHV and if the cells would truly fit, I would give it a try it on a TB47, I've seen dead ones for sale for $60.

Reactions: damoncooper
100C! Holy crapola! How much does that bad boy weigh?
I was doing research and it seems MaxAmps puts the "Burst" C rating on their batteries, not the continuous C rating, supposedly you can get an idea of the true C rating by measuring the IR, internal resistance of the cells or battery. I'm going to check and see I think my charger may measure Internal Resistance.

Reactions: damoncooper
Considering the price of the 3500hv charger...I'm opting for a couple sets of 2700's and a hybrid battery that I made using dji top and board only wired to various single batteries to see if any produce results better then TP 2700. Can't test in MD now due to snow wind rain cold.
How did you connected the load balancing connector of the new battery to the board DJI?. Where I can get the balance connector connecting to the board DJI?

Hi all. I have no idea about batteries so this may be a silly question :)
I have a crashed Phantom 2 vision + with 7 batts. Would it be possible to use them as the extra batts?

Cheers

Hi all. I have no idea about batteries so this may be a silly question :)
I have a crashed Phantom 2 vision + with 7 batts. Would it be possible to use them as the extra batts?

Cheers

Yes if you use two of them wired in series together. They are 5200mah 3S so you just need to cook up a series wiring harness and mounting solution.

Last edited:
Yes if you use two of them wired in series together. They are 5200mah 3S so you just need to cook up a series wiring harness and mouthing solution.
Thanks for the reply.
How would I wire it up in series? As I said before, I'm completely clueless on batts :)

Thanks for the reply.
How would I wire it up in series? As I said before, I'm completely clueless on batts :)

Google "LiPo series harness XT60." You need one of those. Amazon has them. Then you need to connect your batteries to the harness. You need a connector that will fit the P2 battery connector on one end and XT60 on the other end.

Yes if you use two of them wired in series together. They are 5200mah 3S so you just need to cook up a series wiring harness and mouthing solution.
Google "LiPo series harness XT60." You need one of those. Amazon has them. Then you need to connect your batteries to the harness. You need a connector that will fit the P2 battery connector on one end and XT60 on the other end.
Cheers Damon. Before I start ordering stuff, do you think this way of doing the mod will actually increase my flight time or are the P2 batts too heavy at 360g each?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu