Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpeg
Can you show a pic of your setup?
Sorry it's a little dark here..can enter and exit travel mode but can't transition in the air. There aren't any obstructions so...thought it might have been the vp system but disabled it and problem continued.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
N
What happens when you try to transition to flight mode?
Nothing at all, it just doesn't respond..kinda stumped. Transitions just fine without the extra payload..../: Will try it tomorrow with the batteries attached but disconnected to see if that makes any difference...

N

Nothing at all, it just doesn't respond..kinda stumped. Transitions just fine without the extra payload..../: Will try it tomorrow with the batteries attached but disconnected to see if that makes any difference...

Very strange. First I've ever heard of that. Lost for ideas on that one.

Very strange. First I've ever heard of that. Lost for ideas on that one.

Indeed! I'll keep troubleshooting and let ya know if I get it figured out..also would you mind me asking what your gains were with this same setup?
I have a suspicion that my problem has something to do with the vision positioning system but we'll see!

FYI new boards are getting batt error. Motors won't start drone flashes red lights makes strange sounds . Will keep trying.

Empty is also now giving batt error: perhaps dji is getting data from flights and changing app protocol ? Keep working on it.

Again, they have proprietary checks and encryption to ensure its a DJI battery board in there I think is the issue. Batteries are big business for them.

Interesting. Apparently DJI has filed the following battery-related patents lately:

February 11, 2016: Multi-zone battery exchange system
February 11, 2016: Systems and methods for UAV Battery exchange
February 11, 2016: Systems and methods for UAV battery power backup

That last one may be in response to this thread :)

Reactions: Phatzo
I've got a bunch of 6S 6000mAh Nano-tech LiPos left over from when I had my S900. They weigh 908g. What do we think? Rekon the Inspire would lift one with an X5 as well?

Awesome, thank you sir!
Think I've got it figured out. Had the vp turned off and was wasn't able to manually transition but then turned off the adaptive landing gear setting as well and am now able to manually transition! Just gotta fine tune my gains and this mod will be complete!:)

Reactions: damoncooper
Have you experienced any oscillations while flying in gps mode after the mod? Atti handles great but gps is kinda sketchy....

You'll want to adjust gains somewhat with the extra weight to get the response you're looking for. Watch your center of gravity as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu