Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Bay Area Pilots?

Hi there i am new to this forum but fly in the north bay for the most part. Sorry this is off topic but glad to see others in the bay.

Guys just wanted to give you an update. I just got off the phone with a Supervising SGT of the Santa Cruz district of the CA Parks and Rec.

After a very friendly and detailed discussion along with state website references he finds no problem in allowing me to film using a drone! :)

The caveat to this is that we should notify our intentions in advance and that you, the operator, will conduct yourself in a manner that is safe, non intrusive, and to use common sense.

After he agreed to allowing me in he noted that they recently received a state wide bulletin to be aware of drones and to investigate. Which leads me to believe a lot of these park rangers are unaware nor knowledgeable about the current stance by the upper management at HQ.

I would suggest for us to print, bring, and possess the printed information for just that encounter.

Carry on.

Reactions: SkySav
Guys just wanted to give you an update. I just got off the phone with a Supervising SGT of the Santa Cruz district of the CA Parks and Rec.

After a very friendly and detailed discussion along with state website references he finds no problem in allowing me to film using a drone! :)

The caveat to this is that we should notify our intentions in advance and that you, the operator, will conduct yourself in a manner that is safe, non intrusive, and to use common sense.

After he agreed to allowing me in he noted that they recently received a state wide bulletin to be aware of drones and to investigate. Which leads me to believe a lot of these park rangers are unaware nor knowledgeable about the current stance by the upper management at HQ.

I would suggest for us to print, bring, and possess the printed information for just that encounter.

Carry on.

Great info! Thank you for posting!!

Here are the doc we all should have in possession when in a CA State Park.

Update: Forgot to upload the District Contact info. Make sure you speak to the supervising Ranger in charge not the admin.

Attachments

• California State Parks` Filming Policy.pdf
    116.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Definition of Commercial Filming Projects.pdf
    165.5 KB · Views: 8
  • District Office Contact Information.pdf
    161.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Reactions: SkySav and Eric
Thanks! You rock Outta Control. Will print now. Off topic, 1345s and kit just landed on my doorstep!

Direct from DJI without lifting a finger. 2 more 47's in the mail for me. I found battery chargers in stock at helicopter world, $55 a piece, I think I paid. I don't think I'll get a chance to test the1345s's until Saturday. :-(

Looking at possibly on...

Date: 5/30
Loc: TBD
Group Goal: I think a good meet and greet plus an exposure to the general public about what drone flying is all about. I would like it to be a positive event for all of us and to the public.

Reactions: SkySav
I can do that i am based out of Novato. Around here ppl don't mind me flying until they find out the I1 has a camera and then they go off on me. Mind you i am not near houses or where i should not be. I feel a public awareness is a grate idea and to meat others that use this platform as well

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ai900exam