Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crystal Sky Monitors

Any idea if the smaller monitor will be like the iPhone app and not be able to show the fpv view at the same time as the camera view?

We do not have an exact answer but next time we've got one of the protos in our hands we'll give it a try. With the smaller version of the CrystalSky at 5.5" only being slightly larger than an iPhone 6/7 Plus it's hard to say.

Definitely looking forward to more details on these.

Worth remembering though that only one of the 3 Crystalsky devices has the 2000 nit screen, the other 2 are still brighter than most other Android/iOS devices at 1000 nits, but if you want the brightest it is going to have to be the larger of the 2 sizes and the most expensive version of that larger size...

Well I have been using smallHD 702bright for my video dslr rig and it is 1000 nits and it is plenty bright in direct sunlight. So I think 2000 nits may be overkill especially if the cost will be significantly higher

Of course, even at 1000 nits, that is almost 2x the actual brightness of an iPad Pro 9.7", so it may well be enough for most people.

I mentioned it only because I was reminded when reading the link above that people tend to focus on the headline 2000 nits number, even when mentioning the 1000 later on.

Last edited:
I just hope the smaller sized monitor will have the iPad version of dji go for thebinspire so we can have both the fpv and the camera view available.

Reactions: Advexure
I just hope the smaller sized monitor will have the iPad version of dji go for thebinspire so we can have both the fpv and the camera view available.

Well, it will be the Android version obviously, but I get what you mean.

It is an easy thing for DJI to do, to allow the FPV view to be toggled on the 'phone' sized screens and I would not be at all surprised to see that feature in an app build in the near future...

So...now that we know pricing, what CrystalSky model is most inviting. My personal opinion is that the 1,000-nit is already extremely bright, for me the 2,000-nit version for $1k seems like a bit overkill but that's just my opinion.

Three CrystalSky Models, Pricing, Estimated Availability:

DJI CrystalSky 5.5-inch, High Brightness - $469 - Mid-May 2017

DJI CrystalSky 7.85-inch, High Brightness - $699 - Mid-May 2017

DJI CrystalSky 7.85-inch, Ultra Brightness - $999 - June 2017

Really looking forward to getting these in, as we know, they've been a long time coming. 5+ months since we were originally introduced to the CrystalSky. Hope they were worth the wait!

Safe and happy flying! :cool:
Mike @ Advexure

Reactions: Raphael Dahan
So...now that we know pricing, what CrystalSky model is most inviting. My personal opinion is that the 1,000-nit is already extremely bright, for me the 2,000-nit version for $1k seems like a bit overkill but that's just my opinion.

Three CrystalSky Models, Pricing, Estimated Availability:

DJI CrystalSky 5.5-inch, High Brightness - $469 - Mid-May 2017

DJI CrystalSky 7.85-inch, High Brightness - $699 - Mid-May 2017

DJI CrystalSky 7.85-inch, Ultra Brightness - $999 - June 2017

Really looking forward to getting these in, as we know, they've been a long time coming. 5+ months since we were originally introduced to the CrystalSky. Hope they were worth the wait!

Safe and happy flying! :cool:
Mike @ Advexure

Any idea if the software version will be the same between the small and the larger screen device? I would like the smaller one as it wouldl be easier to use between the mavic and inspire as my iPhone is now, but I really do like having the fpv and camera views both visible at the same time which is only possible when I use the iPad....

Any idea if the software version will be the same between the small and the larger screen device? I would like the smaller one as it wouldl be easier to use between the mavic and inspire as my iPhone is now, but I really do like having the fpv and camera views both visible at the same time which is only possible when I use the iPad....

That's a great question and my assumption would be that yes, they would run the same software version as both of them have all of the same features. Hard to say for sure at this point, when I speak with the DJI PM next I can definitely raise the question but I'm not sure if they would even truly know right now. Display units will be arriving in a couple of weeks and we may be able to get an answer. Sorry no definite answer on this quite yet.

does anyone use an android phone version of the dpi go 4 app on their inspire 2? can they comment whether the fpv and camera view are both viewable?

looking at some of the youtube videos for NAB 2017 where the show the crystal sky monitor, i think i can see the smaller crystal sky monitor with only 1 view visible and the little toggle button in the lower right corner to bring up the fpv....

Just pe-ordered the 7.85 high brightness from Advexure today. Very excited. Getting tired of fighting with sun shades or tying to find a shady spot. The only con is the lack of third party apps support like litchi.

Just pe-ordered the 7.85 high brightness from Advexure today. Very excited. Getting tired of fighting with sun shades or tying to find a shady spot. The only con is the lack of third party apps support like litchi.

Yes, definitely wish they had third party app support, guess we can only hope DJI continues to expand on the GO app and GS Pro to integrate more of the features we get with Litchi and Autopilot.

1000-nit of brightness is a heck of a lot better than putzing around with sunshades and monitor hoods! :cool:

Not supporting 3rd party apps like Autopilot and Litchi makes it a no-go for me. DJI's Go app development has been so very very slow compared to the 3rd party apps.

I like the idea but I'm confused with the direction of support for android. DJI has pursued close integration with Apple which has pushed many people to buy the ipad for better performance and access to GS Pro. Now they are going back towards android? Will they release an android version of GS Pro?

I like the idea but I'm confused with the direction of support for android. DJI has pursued close integration with Apple which has pushed many people to buy the ipad for better performance and access to GS Pro. Now they are going back towards android? Will they release an android version of GS Pro?

I want to say I read somewhere that there is a new app for android coming out with the M200 that will be very similar to GS Pro... @Advexure do you know?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ai900exam