Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dji suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
The documents I am refering to are from http://www.baclcorp.com.cn

Everything I write here is true - non is a breach of any NDA and I will sure not post anything I could not prove in case DJI might not like it.

Also I could exactly document the firmware mixtures though I am not doing it not to spoil my sources.

This is not a crusade against anyone, I just hate to spend 50% of time testing and hopeing nothing is broken after last update and actually ALWAYS have to find out odd changes which create new problems.

I was flying perfect with fw 1.02+ and I was happy with it (but could not rollback because only working autonomous 3rd party software needed later versions)

Then fw 1.03+ came and it got slower, could not hold position that good, started to get jello problems. Then fw 1.04 stabilized at that niveau and was necessary for 3rd party apps.

Under the DJI promise "can be rolled back to 1.04.00.10" I tested 1.05.00.11 BUT it cannot be rolled back like advertised and I have haevy jello problems now. I assume the ESC versiion 01.11.00.00 responsible for this and the odd expo behaviour changes. However as DJI has a problem to conduct the promised rollback they think its a camera hardware fault. Meantime one of my batteries shows significant voltage problems. Additionally firmware restricted flying up a mountain...........

Do I hate DJI ? NO

Am I unhappy? YES because of their unprofessional behaviour in lack of documentation of changes and false announcements regarding software rollback and completely unnecessary downgrades.

Reactions: mtnmaddman
The documents I am refering to are from http://www.baclcorp.com.cn

Everything I write here is true - non is a breach of any NDA and I will sure not post anything I could not prove in case DJI might not like it.

Also I could exactly document the firmware mixtures though I am not doing it not to spoil my sources.

This is not a crusade against anyone, I just hate to spend 50% of time testing and hopeing nothing is broken after last update and actually ALWAYS have to find out odd changes which create new problems.

I was flying perfect with fw 1.02+ and I was happy with it (but could not rollback because only working autonomous 3rd party software needed later versions)

Then fw 1.03+ came and it got slower, could not hold position that good, started to get jello problems. Then fw 1.04 stabilized at that niveau and was necessary for 3rd party apps.

Under the DJI promise "can be rolled back to 1.04.00.10" I tested 1.05.00.11 BUT it cannot be rolled back like advertised and I have haevy jello problems now. I assume the ESC versiion 01.11.00.00 responsible for this and the odd expo behaviour changes. However as DJI has a problem to conduct the promised rollback they think its a camera hardware fault. Meantime one of my batteries shows significant voltage problems. Additionally firmware restricted flying up a mountain...........

Do I hate DJI ? NO

Am I unhappy? YES because of their unprofessional behaviour in lack of documentation of changes and false announcements regarding software rollback and completely unnecessary downgrades.

Do you feel better for that having got it off your chest....AGAIN?
Can we now please change the record as it appears to be stuck and repeating over and over and over and over and.......zzzzzzzzz

Anything new can stay, if you carry on repeating the same stuff it will vanish faster than Harry Potter can say "Machomans Postus, Dissappearius" !

Do I hate DJI ? NO
Uh huh.
I don't know what your intentions are, but to me the only thing your posts here are begging for is to get Inspire sales limited or further limitations forced on.

I will sure not post anything I could not prove in case DJI might not like it.
Wouldn't be only DJI, but the entire community of Inspire users who would not like it. Of which you seemed to be part of, but if you are you must be very stupid to want to cause further issues of the exact sort you're "complaining" about.

the only thing your posts here are begging for is to further limitations forced on.....you must be very stupid to want to cause further issues of the exact sort you're "complaining" about.

I dont understand what you mean. Please explain. Do you think I am posting stuff DJI is not aware about or do not know themselfes? This is not the case.

Reactions: mtnmaddman
Im not with the bashing because most members of the forum have been extremely helpful.
Its would be rude to turn around and then crap on folks investment. I'm no Pro but its obvious they purposely crippled the x5.
Crapped on my investment is how i took it. 1 loyal pro is defending that camera.
x5r on a quad even if is dji equipment. I'm gone take the big Homie's advice. Nope
nfz most likely get straightened out down the line but aint no teenager investing in this.
The osmo, release the handle i guess when they get around to it. a lot of camera games being played. still being patient
Im disappointed with my upgrade choices and I'm not alone

I've been doing video for 30 years now...professionally. I have been less than happy with the X3...love the Inspire. I bought the X5...I had doubts, but I honestly love the images I'm getting. If folks are dropping out of the forum, so be it. I know what I'm looking at in my edit suite is really nice looking footage. My Inspire is flying and shooting just fine. It has taken me a little time to get used to the lens, but I could not be more satisfied, except all the leaves have fallen and everything is now looking nasty where I live.

I've been doing video for 30 years now...professionally. I have been less than happy with the X3...love the Inspire. I bought the X5...I had doubts, but I honestly love the images I'm getting. If folks are dropping out of the forum, so be it. I know what I'm looking at in my edit suite is really nice looking footage. My Inspire is flying and shooting just fine. It has taken me a little time to get used to the lens, but I could not be more satisfied, except all the leaves have fallen and everything is now looking nasty where I live.
Ive been checking out your samples and thanks for sharing.
Yes the inspire 1 is the truth best quad on the market.
My post was more aimed at Dji not the members.
i just want the most out of my money and my investment from dji.
keep up the good work @Figbar. I remember when you voiced your opinion also.

Reactions: Figbar
I too am not at all a DJI cheerleader but I'm also not calling for their demise. I've been seriously impacted by their manufacturing inconsistencies with my first inspire and find their tech support about as good as calling the psychic hotline. I don't agree with selling something and then removing features you sold it with. I also don't agree with promises unkept. However I must admit the abilities I've already experienced from the Pro with the X5 are outrageous.

Personally I've never criticized the x3. Its a 550.00 camera. The x5/r i expect the truth for that paper period.
i waited kept my mouth shut and my ears open.
Still doing my homework

I too am not at all a DJI cheerleader but I'm also not calling for their demise. I've been seriously impacted by their manufacturing inconsistencies with my first inspire and find their tech support about as good as calling the psychic hotline. I don't agree with selling something and then removing features you sold it with. I also don't agree with promises unkept. However I must admit the abilities I've already experienced from the Pro with the X5 are outrageous.
support is on the forum.
I'm glad to hear your happy with the x5. i want that same joy and I'm gone let them know

Reactions: Figbar
You people are in for a surprise very soon.... and thats all I'm gonna say for now..

The DJI Inspire x5 is the best tool for AP I have seen so far in my opinion. NOTHING will ever be perfect, but its as close as you will get. Those that say they can build the exact same functionality for cheaper have not done much with older rigs. I had 4 rigs so far, the previous a TA matrix a flying beast that I really liked. There was no exposure control realtime and didn't have the GUI that the I1 does. So there are some limitations on flight envelope. I still can get my work done and the NFZ as far as the 5 mile airport cat. B they were more than fair in my 1st request so far. I would rather see some restrictions to protect us all from the renegade who could force more restrictions down the road. As far as the x5, it blows away anything I flew mirrorless wise and I flew a few of them, Sony Nex 7, 5 and 5r. The Sony A 6000 which was a close 2nd to the x5. Stop whining and get imaging!! :)

Radio test reports in the attachment, you can see for yourself.

Attachments

• GL658B.pdf
    815.2 KB · Views: 55
  • GL658C.pdf
    891.1 KB · Views: 23
Did your I1 Pro come with 658B or 658C RC?
and is the Inspire 6101410 or 6101510 ?

Remote is C. Aircraft I forgot to check.

I dont understand what you mean. Please explain. Do you think I am posting stuff DJI is not aware about or do not know themselfes? This is not the case.
You removed some of the info I was commenting on. But suppose I am part of a country's RF regulation enforcement team. You're claiming you have proof there are reports of the hardware exceeding limits, I would now be aware of it and would have to have that verified. If there's any exceeding it would lead to a ban of I1 sales, possibly a recall, and DJI would have to "fix" it and thus lower power/range for everybody if they wanted to be able to sell it again.

Apart from that, 4 flights with the Pro today and everything as good as it gets.

You removed some of the info I was commenting on. But suppose I am part of a country's RF regulation enforcement team. You're claiming you have proof there are reports of the hardware exceeding limits, I would now be aware of it and would have to have that verified.

I didnt remove anything.

I did nowhere say I have proof of hardware exceeding limits, I said there are different versions having different limits (not exceeding anything) and following papers a P3A/P must have far more range then an Inspire1 1410...........I dont have proof of anything else.

Stop it! Both of you or I'll get all Beast Boy on y'all!

tumblr_mou2kpHLJJ1str33so1_400.gif

:D

Reactions: slim.slamma
Yea dji really screwed the pooch. Releasing the osmo a year behind schedule and then only offering it complete with camera that isn't even compatible with the inspire or vice versa essentially negating the entire purpose of the handheld device for such a crap quality camera in the first place. Brilliant move.

Original camera quality leaves much to be desired, especially in the stills department and the new camera specs hardly seem worthy of the price tag.

Then add all the stupid nfzs that make the product virtually worthless for much potential work where permission to fly within these nfz is easily obtainable from local authorities but impossible to override the nfz so the craft can't fly. Pure genius move there too, lol!

I feel sorry for those who've kept updating firmware regularly and essentially reducing the crafts abilities more and more with every "update". I also don't see anyone who considers themselves semi professional shelling out for any dji product anytime soon unless they know someone who can customize the firmware and remove the garbage.

If a firmware hack isn't released soon we might see a massive value surge for original non updated inspires on eBay, lol

Reactions: Chnjab
Yea dji really screwed the pooch. Releasing the osmo a year behind schedule and then only offering it complete with camera that isn't even compatible with the inspire or vice versa essentially negating the entire purpose of the handheld device
Really? Is there anything but bad faith in this?

Reactions: IrishSights

I feel sorry for those who've kept updating firmware regularly and essentially reducing the crafts abilities more and more with every "update". I also don't see anyone who considers themselves semi professional shelling out for any dji product anytime soon unless they know someone who can customize the firmware and remove the garbage.

If a firmware hack isn't released soon we might see a massive value surge for original non updated inspires on eBay, lol

You keep saying this but you are so wrong. I can do more with my Inspire with current firmware than with older versions and thats a fact. It does depend on your personal requirements. If you are on old firmware that's your choice but don't patronise the rest of us who can do tons of new things with their Inspire that you cannot do.

Depending on how old your firmware is... You cannot:
1. Fly POI (DJI)
2. Fly waypoints (DJI)
3. Fly multiple battery, pre-planned grid waypoint mapping missions
4. Fly letting the camera stay focused on a predetermined point...a biggy imo
5. Use follow me functions
6. Use Zip line, orbit, cruise, flight recorder, target, intercept, mimic in Autopilot.
7. Cannot use Dronedeploy
8. Cannot use Mapsmadeeasy
9. Cannot use Litchi
10. Cannot use Pix4D mapper capture
11. Cannot use Altzure app
12. Cannot do Auto panoramas with Dronepan

I am sure there is more. If you dont want to use any of these features, thats ok, but dont tell the rest of us that we have reduced functionality when it's the opposite. If you are fly safely in VLOS then few of the adjustments in more recent firmware will affect you. I agree the NFZ thing for commercial pilots needs addressed.

Done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scotflieger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc