Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Zenmuse XT

Just a guess but the Flir Vue Pro is around $2000 plus the gimbal plus a DJI premium.
Logic would dictate it should be around the price of the X5 but we are talking DJI so probably around $7,000.
I joke, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't at the 4,000 - 5,000 price point

$5999 then any takers?

Also it will obviously need firmware updates almost as soon as it is launched. But the firmware to download will not be under a DTG format it will be hidden away and you will have to monitor all forms of social media to finally get the correct answer.

And someone will have an obligatory mate that knows someone who says do this whilst DJI will tell you to do three totally different things that are totally opposite from the previous advice every time you ask them!!

I am glad to see that the promise of interchangeable camera on the I1 platform is really happening -- X3, X5 and now XT. Way to go DJI.

Reactions: MacDyver
I was flying a few months ago, and a gentleman handed me his card and asked me to contact him. He could tell that my Inspire 1 was a cut above most drones, and asked:
...it was very interesting and impressive to watch such an incredible piece of equipment that is not in the military. It also got me thinking about a possible opportunity. I am in the energy audit business and will be looking at heating and cooling equipment on the roofs of commercial and industrial facilities.

I was thinking that using an infrared camera on a drone would help me identify companies that might need my services or help me target problems in equipment or insulation for those customers that we will be performing comprehensive audits for. Google maps is not accurate enough. Do you have an infrared camera that works on your drone or know of where we could get one that would work?
At the time, my response was, "I have seen some hacks, and people are flying Flir cameras on this drone, but there is nothing yet that is well-supported by either manufacturer."

Until today!

So I think there is a good business opportunity with this camera. Not as glamorous as being a filmmaker, but probably more opportunity to make a living.

Not very helpful if it does not have Advanced Radiometry enabled. Good for fire fighting and search and rescue and not much else. Hopefully I am wrong.

Flir Vue does not support advanced radiometry. Most Tau's do not either unless you get it unlocked from Flir. Tau 2 640 with everything you need to measure temperature accurately gets you up around 10k.

Ha the FLIR A65 which has the same resolution sensor as the premium camera of the 2 listed costs $8045 retail, guess the FLIR Vue has the same resolution, that's probably the sensor and lens being used.

Details here

Last edited:
They are basing it off the Tau2 so it will be more expensive than the Vue equivalent.

Flir Vue does not support advanced radiometry. Most Tau's do not either unless you get it unlocked from Flir. Tau 2 640 with everything you need to measure temperature accurately gets you up around 10k.
It says in the specs that it can measure temperature, is that what you mean...in my ignorance! Also I see 4 lenses available 7.5mm, 9mm, 13mm, 19mm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc