Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware Update v1.2.0.17 Available

Inspired one I am getting the same thing on the rc. Seems its stuck and not accepting to read anything.

Right, I don't know what's happening or what to do. I've even tried reinstalling, but it isn't letting me--reading that the firmware is up-to-date, I presume.
I also tried to install the .16 again but still does not read it... Mayeb u can give it a try?

I wish I could do more, but my knowledge is limited under these circumstances. Good luck. I'll watch the tread closely and chime in if I discover anything pertinent.

Obviously, everything I know about this you could put in your eye and not feel a thing. Takes time and experience. We'll get there. You're already far ahead of me! :)

Pretty frustrating way of updating firmware. There is no clear way of knowing if the Inspire has updated or not. The beeps don't work, there is no status bar anywhere to see the progress, its just lame. Why on earth don't they just keep the firmware updates the same as they have with the Phantoms, you plug the fucking thing in and can actually see what its doing. This system is a major backward step imho, it is pure guesswork if you have actually updated or not. Mine is misbehaving even worse after I upgraded (or didn't, I don't actually know if it worked or not), the compass issues are worse, the transmission signal now starts cutting out at 300m and the video feed has gone to hell. As a matter of fact, they've fucked everything up that the firmware was supposed to fix!! Once again, my Inspire is going to have to be grounded until the next update, or not. I am losing faith in DJI faster than a dead inspire can plummet to the ground.

So this second step seems to address some of the comments above

2. It will take approximately 25 minutes to complete the firmware update. During the upgrade process, DJI Pilot app will display update progress and gimbal will sound a fast beeping sound(D-D-D-D). A message windows of "Upgrade Completed, Aircraft will restart in 5 seconds" will prompt in DJI Pilot app and gimbal will sound a slow beeping sound (D--DD) to indicate the update is complete, aircraft will then restart automally. Note that user will need to manually power cycle the aircraft if DJI Pilot app is not launched prior to the upgrade.

So this second step seems to address some of the comments above

2. It will take approximately 25 minutes to complete the firmware update. During the upgrade process, DJI Pilot app will display update progress and gimbal will sound a fast beeping sound(D-D-D-D). A message windows of "Upgrade Completed, Aircraft will restart in 5 seconds" will prompt in DJI Pilot app and gimbal will sound a slow beeping sound (D--DD) to indicate the update is complete, aircraft will then restart automally. Note that user will need to manually power cycle the aircraft if DJI Pilot app is not launched prior to the upgrade.

Not really. That's just standard text from the manual. In the past, and today, all updates have taking at the most five minutes. Today was no different for me. Mine did exactly what was described above, minus the 25 minutes.

InspiredOne, how are you updating the firmware? Are you doing it through the Pilot app, or are you downloading the firmware on your computer and saving it directly to the microSD card, and inserting it into the drone?

I'm not sure which way is better, but on the last update, I downloaded the firmware on my PC, copied it to the microSD card, and updated both the drone and the transmitter by putting the card into each one directly, and didn't have a problem.

I also read somewhere that another person had success updating the recent firmware this way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc