Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I got my 333!

I am working on my sport pilots certificate now - have 8 hours so far. Costs so far are: on-line ground school class (King School / Cessna) $350, each hour of instructor time and plane rental (Cessna 162) is ~$200. I also had to buy a pair of aviation headphones $500 (I splurged and got a noise canceling model). There are a couple of other things you should have like a sectional map and a knee board for notes. I expect this will cost me around $4,500-$5,000 when it's all done.
Who here has their sports license, and how difficult was it to obtain?

Reactions: breathein
If someone can pleas clarify, I can take ground school online, then I'm recommended to take a ground school test which if I pass I can later go for sports pilot license?

You can take ground school online,, you must pass ground school,,you must learn to fly, the minimium is 15 hours in a plane with an instructor and 5 hours of solo time flying the plane,, after that and if your abilities are up to it, you take your check out ride,,,,

Honestly most people have a few more hours than the minimium to have the skills to be comfortable passing the check out.....(I think I had a lot more)

Thanks, I was confused about whether Ground school was a course with it's own test that you pass before deciding if you want to go for your pilot's license or if ground school was just training you completed before being recommended to get your SPL or PPL and didn't have it's own testing.

HI highRpm!
Where can I find my submission? It's been about a week and I haven't seen anything? I got a comment tracking number when I first submitted of: 1jz-8k60-2ll5. Also a Document ID: FAA-2007-0001-0001, but that looks like a general submission. I thope that makes sense and thanks for your help.

You can search for your name or company name in the search box,,you might want to put "FAA" in the box too, it comes back with a lot of potential matches

You can search for your name or company name in the search box,,you might want to put "FAA" in the box too, it comes back with a lot of potential matches
I'm wondering if most of you all are paying Someone to assist you in getting your FAA 333 exemption or are you doing it on your own

I downloaded several "Approved" requests that had similar interests to my business plan and used them as a template for mine.
from where?
hungary is planing to make some rules for drone use next year. fortunatly the ones deciding some if the rules have no clue and since corruption is also knowen in my country someone will do a lot of money for making the licsence a must for commercial flying and getting some doh in the pockets of polititians... :)
i wonder if ghe licsenes will be recognized internationally or if we will have to spend money on translating and approving costs... i really hope they do not make it a law to have a ppl... that would a LOT of money... apart from that, i think it has not much to do with a realy AC you sit in with the only thing being the same that both fly... most of the time common normal way of thinking and some sense is what would be needed. not more... but you have to separate the boys from the men...
i will check and see if i have to be american citizen to apply for the 333... in my case i wonder if i would have a shooting and we'd go to the states, would i have to hire a pilot or would i be able to fly for my costumer... hmm?

from where?
hungary is planing to make some rules for drone use next year. fortunatly the ones deciding some if the rules have no clue and since corruption is also knowen in my country someone will do a lot of money for making the licsence a must for commercial flying and getting some doh in the pockets of polititians... :)
i wonder if ghe licsenes will be recognized internationally or if we will have to spend money on translating and approving costs... i really hope they do not make it a law to have a ppl... that would a LOT of money... apart from that, i think it has not much to do with a realy AC you sit in with the only thing being the same that both fly... most of the time common normal way of thinking and some sense is what would be needed. not more... but you have to separate the boys from the men...
i will check and see if i have to be american citizen to apply for the 333... in my case i wonder if i would have a shooting and we'd go to the states, would i have to hire a pilot or would i be able to fly for my costumer... hmm?

I reviewed the approved forms here, I think you have to be a US citizen.
http://www.regulations.gov/#!search...on%2B333%22%2BFAA;fp=true;dct=FR%2BPR%2BN%2BO

Hello!
It's been about a month since I received a receipt email from "FAA" since 7/24/2015 to be exact. Here is the return email I recieved from them on submitting my exemption....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your comment was submitted successfully!

Comment Tracking Number: 1jz-8k60-2ll5

Your comment may be viewable on Regulations.gov once the agency has reviewed it. This process is dependent on agency public submission policies/procedures and processing times. Use your tracking number to find out the status of your comment.

Agency: Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Document Type: Nonrulemaking
Title: Instructions on Filing a Submission to FAA for applications/petitions/exemptions and any other items for which a Docket does not exist.
Document ID: FAA-2007-0001-0001
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But I currently can't find it anywhere and don't know if I submitted it correctly. Is there anyway to tell or someone to reach out to? Thanks for any help....

Hello!
It's been about a month since I received a receipt email from "FAA" since 7/24/2015 to be exact. Here is the return email I recieved from them on submitting my exemption....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your comment was submitted successfully!

Comment Tracking Number: 1jz-8k60-2ll5

Your comment may be viewable on Regulations.gov once the agency has reviewed it. This process is dependent on agency public submission policies/procedures and processing times. Use your tracking number to find out the status of your comment.

Agency: Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Document Type: Nonrulemaking
Title: Instructions on Filing a Submission to FAA for applications/petitions/exemptions and any other items for which a Docket does not exist.
Document ID: FAA-2007-0001-0001
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But I currently can't find it anywhere and don't know if I submitted it correctly. Is there anyway to tell or someone to reach out to? Thanks for any help....
A month is not a long time with them. If it has been posted to your docket then the only thing you can do is sit back and wait for them to contact you if they need more info. I can tell you, once they start to review your file, it usually moves pretty quickly.

A month is not a long time with them. If it has been posted to your docket then the only thing you can do is sit back and wait for them to contact you if they need more info. I can tell you, once they start to review your file, it usually moves pretty quickly.
Thanks for the quick reply CaptainBadge. How long was it with you when you submitted? Thanks again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oharac