Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire customization thread

I finally decided to customize my I1Pro, it went great and took me about 4 hours to complete from start to finish. I love all the great designs you guys are coming up with, it's really cool to see what is possible, I fly with several other Inspire 1 Pro's and this will make it easier to keep an eye on mine. View attachment 5515 View attachment 5515 View attachment 5517 View attachment 5518 View attachment 5519

The dark spots on the nose are some type of artifact in the image, it is not on the drone itself. View attachment 5520

I have really enjoyed doing this project. It was a lot of fun. Happy flying to all my Inspire Pilot friends.
Done with Plastidip?

I did mine too, but not very happy with result. Color comes off easily in corners and edges.

I did mine too, but not very happy with result. Color comes off easily in corners and edges.
I did a little prep before I done mine and used a primer. I have a friend who owns an auto body shop and he told me if you really wanted to stay you need to use primer although it's not recommended on on the instructions.

I did a little prep before I done mine and used a primer. I have a friend who owns an auto body shop and he told me if you really wanted to stay you need to use primer although it's not recommended on on the instructions.
Yes that's aggravating when you work very hard on something and then it just scratches right off. I'm hopeful the primer will make a difference if not I doubt I would plasty dip anymore would just have to see how it goes I do really like the look

For the battery I am testing two different type of paint, one on the left is Flexi dip and on the right is Plasti dip, the bird is all Flexi dip. There is a slight color difference but since the battery will be highly used and touched I want to test howView attachment 1028 each of the paint holds up, I left the lights painted, you can see the lights outline and I think it looks cool....
Which one is holding up better?

Being a dealer I'm trying to come up with some new ideas that my customers will like and will make there drone experience more fun. What kind of things are most important to you as a drone pilot? Mine are functionality, dependability, expandability, flight time etc... Lastly appearance.

is airbrush a good way to paint it?
i want to buy new hulls (all white parts) and paint the original since it got scratched a bit.
advices?

Reactions: RDTech
is airbrush a good way to paint it?
i want to buy new hulls (all white parts) and paint the original since it got scratched a bit.
advices?
Yep, airbrush is definitely the best long term solution. I like to prep and paint just like a car gets done. At the end after the graphics go on I like to put a clear. It protects the paint and graphics. Also hydrodip is a good way to go but you need to clear on top or you will get scratches. I have done several plasti dip but you have to be careful with it.

Reactions: RDTech
Yep, airbrush is definitely the best long term solution. I like to prep and paint just like a car gets done. At the end after the graphics go on I like to put a clear. It protects the paint and graphics. Also hydrodip is a good way to go but you need to clear on top or you will get scratches. I have done several plasti dip but you have to be careful with it.

i did not think of anything special. a plain nice friendly happy matt black :) for all of the white parts.
i will check today how my experiment with my battery drilling machine works out. (nanotech protected against water and short) if it works, i will treat the bird with it and fly with piece of mind over water.

edit: i will have to get my hands on some pro motors and ESC's sometime this year. somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i did not think of anything special. a plain nice friendly happy matt black :) for all of the white parts.
i will check today how my experiment with my battery drilling machine works out. (nanotech protected against water and short) if it works, i will treat the bird with it and fly with piece of mind over water.

edit: i will have to get my hands on some pro motors and ESC's sometime this year. somehow.

I can help you with the motors when you need them. Just let me know. I would like to see how the nano tech works out as well.

I can help you with the motors when you need them. Just let me know. I would like to see how the nano tech works out as well.
i have to wait 24 hrs for it to work properly. on the other thread (corrision problems) i posted some pics i did on my guinne pig battery drill :) will test it in the afternoon or evening when the 24 hrs is over. reasembled it though already.
apperantly its some russian developement and even works on brushed motors and molded switches. i also posted a link for an equivilant in the US. if i recall correctly its called corrision block.
really eeger to see how it works and if i will fry my drill or not.

i have to wait 24 hrs for it to work properly. on the other thread (corrision problems) i posted some pics i did on my guinne pig battery drill :) will test it in the afternoon or evening when the 24 hrs is over. reasembled it though already.
apperantly its some russian developement and even works on brushed motors and molded switches. i also posted a link for an equivilant in the US. if i recall correctly its called corrision block.
really eeger to see how it works and if i will fry my drill or not.

Will you let me know how it turns out?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collegetour