Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire X3 not compatible with OSMO handle

Me too, I wanted to write also about this as I'm about to purchase the handle.

Is compatible or isn't ?

Is there anyone around to receive the handle only ?

Attachments

• File_000 (1).png
    File_000 (1).png
    211.9 KB · Views: 109
I see from the announcement on the DJI forum that a firmware update is needed and it's being worked on.

Some people seem to be panicing and saying it's not compatible full stop. Which is not true.

As long as they get the firmware out before the handle only kit ships - which Marionville models say will be towards end of Nov, we should be OK.

Of course, it will be an issue if they don't get firmware out for then!

Yes there are two versions of the X3 - the OSMO version has gimbal locks and the lens is setup slightly different to focus closer than the I1 X3 (as it's designed to focus mostly on closer objects). Case colour is also different.

Reactions: Kenneth Sands
Straight from the OSMO Manual
"The Osmo is compatible with the Zenmuse X3 Gimbal and Camera that comes with the Inspire 1. Be sure to upgrade the Zenmuse X3 with the latest firmware (to be released soon after this manual) before mounting it onto the Osmo handle."

My handle is supposed to ship out on 11/24, on or around that time we should expect the firmware.

Reactions: Kenneth Sands
Another thread states that the handle only will ship around Thanksgiving, collaborating the end of November time frame for the firmware release.

Why can't DJI hire somebody to fix this continuing debacle with their inability to deliver things without so many fups?

My Osmo was working fine until I tried to use Inspire X3 on it. It was beeping the same way it would if it was updating the firmware but I didn't choose to update the Osmo firmware when I was prompted. I let it sit for 10min beeping. Now, Osmo doesn't turn on anymore with either its X3 or Inspire X3. You can hear the hum but no movement or green light indicator on the handle. It's still broadcasting wifi I'd and the Go App thinks that it's connected to a Phantom.

Now the Inspire X3 view is upside down when it's connected to the Inspire. I got my Osmo last Monday. I had the latest firmware file as of last Monday on the memory card in the Inspire X3. Contacted DJI and they said they'll look into it which probably means absolutely nothing having dealt with them in the past.

SHORT VERSION

Put Inspire X3 on Osmo.
Osmo doesn't turn on anymore with either gimbals.
Inspire X3 now shows upside down view on the Inspire.

Put the i1 x3 back on the Osmo and hold it up side down then turn it on wait 10 sec or so then put the x3 back on i1...should b back flipped

Just got this notice popupwhen I started DJI GO.
Me to ( got poput notice on dji go app "osmo handle not compatible with inspire 1 camera")
Just when i was about to order the handle only
what kind of a company is this?
yes it can, no it can't , maybe it will, maybe it won't

we need some COMPETITORS so as to to wake dji up

I want to buy a matrice 100 but won't because they don't sell it for existing inspire 1 owners who already have 2 remotes, why the hell would i need 4 remotes at £500 each (they are all identical remotes.) my DX8 and DX9 have multiple aircraft control why can't Dji have the same? oh yeah more $$$$$-£££££££'s

Last edited:
Put the i1 x3 back on the Osmo and hold it up side down then turn it on wait 10 sec or so then put the x3 back on i1...should b back flipped

I too made the mistake of putting my I1 X3 on my new Osmo. When I realized it wouldn't work without a firmware update that's supposed to be released in the future, I powered down the Osmo and reinstalled the X3 back on my I1. The DJI Go display is now upside down when connected to the I1. I did think of putting the I1 camera back on the Osmo and turning it upside down, but now I am very hesitant to try that, since it might screw things up even worse on either my I1 or Osmo. Badbiggz, have you actually tried this fix yourself and it worked successfully?

I too made the mistake of putting my I1 X3 on my new Osmo. When I realized it wouldn't work without a firmware update that's supposed to be released in the future, I powered down the Osmo and reinstalled the X3 back on my I1. The DJI Go display is now upside down when connected to the I1. I did think of putting the I1 camera back on the Osmo and turning it upside down, but now I am very hesitant to try that, since it might screw things up even worse on either my I1 or Osmo. Badbiggz, have you actually tried this fix yourself and it worked successfully?
I had the same issue...it works

Thanks for the quick response... one more question. Does the DJI Go app need to be connected to the Osmo via wireless for this to work?

Thanks for the quick response... one more question. Does the DJI Go app need to be connected to the Osmo via wireless for this to work?
No just put the i1x3 on it turn it on wait 3 to 5 sec then put back on i1 and all will b normal...glad to help u and others out

Why can't DJI hire somebody to fix this continuing debacle with their inability to deliver things without so many fups?

I don't think they will start shipping the "handle only" orders until they have the firmware ready. They must have thousands of "handle only" orders sitting there, so the pressure will be on them to get the firmware done so that they can get their $$. They haven't taken the $$ off my credit card yet - which I guess is a good thing - order placed 15th Oct
Originally we were all grumbling that there was no "handle only" available when OSMO was released. Maybe they made the handle only orders available a bit too soon (to appease I1 owners) - and the firmware upgrade is taking longer.
All frustrating but as they say - patience is a virtue - and I'm sure it will be worth waiting for in the end.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
channelSale