Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Lens Hood

In the for-what-it's-worth-department, I would print those in black to absorb light (reduce glare). Also, it would be a good idea if you could add a texture (concentric circles similar to threads) to the inside surface to break up any reflections that might occur if the plastic has any glossy or semi-glossy quality to it.

In the for-what-it's-worth-department, I would print those in black to absorb light (reduce glare). Also, it would be a good idea if you could add a texture (concentric circles similar to threads) to the inside surface to break up any reflections that might occur if the plastic has any glossy or semi-glossy quality to it.
!00% agreed, I only had a little black left and had a job to do so i didn't want to us it up, red works good to, On my FPV planes i would us Black or Red to paint the noise of the plane so there would be no glare.
Thanks for your input.

G

!00% agreed, I only had a little black left and had a job to do so i didn't want to us it up, red works good to, On my FPV planes i would us Black or Red to paint the noise of the plane so there would be no glare.
Thanks for your input.

G

Actually, any color you use, red, green, blue, purple, whatever, will reflect back into the lens and cause color casting in your image. This is why lens hoods are made from black material.

It is all good man.. you are entitled to your opinion and me to,dont pull back,
No harm no foul..;)

Great initiative but at any appreciable speed, I am sure it will act as a 'scoop' and put pressure on the camera. The camera's design as a near sphere creates even lift on all but the lens surface, interfering with that cannot be good.

If you are going to be flying around a fall speed then take it off. If you are wanting to take some nice photos and videos and want to reduce glare etc then use this. I've just designed my own and done a single peak vision and I flew and full speed in gps mode and done some tight turns with both on and neither gave any problems in testing.

I was wondering about a lens hood also. I am getting a bright reflection projected onto the ground in my videos and sometimes I can even see the shadow of the Inspire in there.

.. I am getting a bright reflection projected onto the ground in my videos and sometimes I can even see the shadow of the Inspire in there.

You will see the shadow of the bird when the sun is behind it regardless. But what do you mean "bright reflection onto the ground"? Could you provide a frame grab?

You will see the shadow of the bird when the sun is behind it regardless. But what do you mean "bright reflection onto the ground"? Could you provide a frame grab?
The bright blurry area just below center on this screen capture is what I am referring to. It is the corona around the IDJI Corona.jpg nspire 1's shadow.

Have you tried this in flight yet? I am curious, because a lot of people seem to make a fuss over 3rd party ND filters beign too heavy as it will interfere in the operation of the camera. So i am wondering how it reacts to this extra weigh not to mention the wind that this will catch.

I did do a test with both of them, and at 35mph with some wind the gimbal would kick out then come right back,
Like the post above said don't use if your going to fly fast ..

Won't adding more weight to the front of the gimbal have a effect on its performance?
Not a fan of modding, however if it improves image quality by reducing stray light then sign me up!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BetseyHene