Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New guy advice please

Reaction score
Hi,

I have upgraded from a P3 to an Inspire which I am getting used to with the x3 camera.

I have an x5 with the Olympus 14-42 lens on the way.

Any advice for a 1st time X5 user?

Hi,

I have upgraded from a P3 to an Inspire which I am getting used to with the x3 camera.

I have an x5 with the Olympus 14-42 lens on the way.

Any advice for a 1st time X5 user?
You will love the 5 but you will also need to be able to use a camera. Its not point and shoot like the P3 or X3 cams. If you have never used a camera in manual mode you will have a huge learning curve. You will find a lot of help here on this site. The 14-42 lens is good but has its limitations. Once again, no problem if you know photography but if not....
those of us that shoot for a living just look at a drone as a means of getting a camera up in the air to take images or footage for our work. The reason we use the better camera is so we get better footage and like a camera used for any pro work, we have to know how to use the camera. The P3 and X3 is hardly any more than a toy but they take good footage except for pro work. All the best.

I am certainly not a pro but I have been using dslr for a few years and happy wit the basics from the camera side of things. Its more the Inspire side of things I am after any advice.

I have just added the oly 14-42mm lens - which seems t work great but the zoom ring is rubbing on the gimbal - will this cause any issues?

The balance with the lens at 28mm seems perfect

I am certainly not a pro but I have been using dslr for a few years and happy wit the basics from the camera side of things. Its more the Inspire side of things I am after any advice.

I have just added the oly 14-42mm lens - which seems t work great but the zoom ring is rubbing on the gimbal - will this cause any issues?

The balance with the lens at 28mm seems perfect
Sorry,
I misunderstood. I gathered you were asking about the X5. I have never checked if my zoom ring rubs against the gimbal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkaur