Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problems with "red Colour Props"

That is interesting. My white props have the "2" mark as well. These shipped in paired, sealed bags with red props without "2"'s. Does anyone have red props marked with "2"?

I just collected my new props from my PO Box. I ordered 4 sets about a month ago. Each box has a sealed bag with a CCW and a CW prop and each prop has the foam insert; the serial numbers on the boxes are sequentially numbered. Two pairs have the "2" on both props (red and white), one package has the white prop with a "2" and the other is unmarked, and two bags are not marked. I was lucky in that my original props all seem to work just fine, no numbering and no foam.

No DJI resolve with the red prop issue YET!

But I have gone to my local drone shop and gone through all the prop sets that he had (6 sets in total) 3 of the sets and both white and red version 2 props (which I tested & then bought, the other 3 sets had white version 2 and red version 1) which I DID NOT BUY *** I wonder why?

My I2 arrived today and in the build phase I mounted the props to check how to use the fast mounts.

I found after fitting the "red" props that if i spun the blades around the red ones made a rattling sound. After ages of investigating where the noise was coming from i found that when the quick lock was closed on the prop there was till movement in the blade. (side to side)

Called DJI and no help there...

In the end i found that by inserting a small amount of tissue paper in the depression between the blade and the raised mounting point the noise went away. This was only 2 ply tissue so only a very small gap... I the found some single sided foam tape and inserted in the place the tissue paper was so i don't have to worry loosing the paper in flight.

Problem resolved

There was no problems with the white props !!

would advise you check yours as this causes serious miss balance and could damage your motors

I inserted some foam into the the depression and it lessened the rattle/looseness but did not totally resolve it - I have some new props on back order and I am hoping they will resolve the issue...

i'm jealous i have one set that is good and lots of others thats i don't want. I have decided no longer to use DJI props and have ordered an alternate carbon fibre set. they are expensive but being Carbon fibre wont need to replace as often

i'm jealous i have one set that is good and lots of others thats i don't want. I have decided no longer to use DJI props and have ordered an alternate carbon fibre set. they are expensive but being Carbon fibre wont need to replace as often
Hi Jon,
I thought you were all sorted? I had a look at the folding carbon fiber props as an option but just can't get me head around the fact if you come to a screaming stop something might just go wrong! and besides they are a pretty penny ... maybe when they have been tested and tested some more and have loads of great reviews I might just jump ship! But for now I just have to keep nagging DJI to replace all the rubbish props that they have sent for the new version 2 :)

Reactions: oblivie
Okay so i have two sets of working props but these wont last forever. I have heard DJI have revised the props to eliminate the know issues but this will be sometime before they get available and wont don't know if DJI will even admit the change. It looks official policy to just deny any problem and with time when you buy new props the problem will just go away. As for me my I2 has DJI aftercare so if i do get issues.....

Okay so i have two sets of working props but these wont last forever. I have heard DJI have revised the props to eliminate the know issues but this will be sometime before they get available and wont don't know if DJI will even admit the change. It looks official policy to just deny any problem and with time when you buy new props the problem will just go away. As for me my I2 has DJI aftercare so if i do get issues.....
I also have DJI aftercare for the i2 and x5s but there is still $$$ to be considered plus down time. And I've already had my fair share of down time!
Just have to buy local (at least you can check if it has the Magic number 2 stamped on the bottom before you buy)

I have also read somewhere that a UK business has the Number 2's in stock think the name is Heliguy - Quadcopters, Drones and Training - DJI UK Dealer

DJI is sending me new propellers, i have done the foam fix, do you guys think i am okay to continue to fly?

thank you so much..

mark

Hello, in my opinion the foam just masks the problem, it does not fix it.
The problem appears to be the hub parts thickness, it's off by a very small amount so that the prop does not sit tight when locked in place. This problem left unfixed, could cause damage to the motor bearing over time. The foam in the prop only stops the rattling noise heard when it's spun by hand, it is still not sitting tight against the hub and when spinning at high revolutions will be out of balance.

Greg

Reactions: Nethig and oblivie
Not sure if this means anything....but DJI is shipping me 2 1550T Quick Release Propeller CW V03.........red props......not sure if the v3 means anything.....version 3 perhaps?;)

Yes they could be a newer version of what comes with a new I2. Besides the problem with the hub thickness, the problem could also be with the prop base thickness too, as moving a prop that rattles to the other CW hub on the drone, and it works fine with no rattle sound. Guess we all just have to see what DJI comes up with for a permanent fix.

Greg

Not sure if this means anything....but DJI is shipping me 2 1550T Quick Release Propeller CW V03.........red props......not sure if the v3 means anything.....version 3 perhaps?;)
Do you still have the box that they came in? if so could you please share with us the serial number?

Here's a summary of my dealings with DJI over this issue:
  • Requested I return the propellers (Kudos to them, they organised a courier service and everything straight away, but then I'm left with NO props?)
  • Requested I send video proof of the issue
  • Requested that I ignore the rattling as "The engineer has checked out the video that your props are the right ones. These props will not affect the flight in the mid air. Please do not worry about it."
  • Currently forwarding my comments on their ignorant and incorrect assessment of the props.
I'll be waiting to hear from @oblivie as to if his impending props are in fact a V3.

I have heard that Baiwang Technology Co., Ltd. who make the props for DJI who are also based in Shenzhen have in the least few days retooled the props and have been busy making new ones since return to work on last Monday after CNY. Im not sure that the designation 3 the other shipped items will necessarily be the latest design. My staff spoke to them and asked how much testing had been completed on the latest version and go an obvious NONE just a change in some of the sizes. We have been able to get a set of both red and white being sent to us in the next few days. (i have bought a micrometer) so will check see what has changed.

Reactions: DaddyDe
I have heard that Baiwang Technology Co., Ltd. who make the props for DJI who are also based in Shenzhen have in the least few days retooled the props and have been busy making new ones since return to work on last Monday after CNY. Im not sure that the designation 3 the other shipped items will necessarily be the latest design. My staff spoke to them and asked how much testing had been completed on the latest version and go an obvious NONE just a change in some of the sizes. We have been able to get a set of both red and white being sent to us in the next few days. (i have bought a micrometer) so will check see what has changed.
You've done great things for this issue! Thanks for your diligence - I'll be waiting for your findings!

As soon as I received my I2 on January 4 after ordering it on November 16, I checked it due to Jon's initial post and my right rear red mount/propeller/whatever it is was rattling. After numerous unanswered emails and worthless chat sessions, I called the support number in California on January 10 and requested a replacement since I was running up against the 7 day deadline. They sent me a shipping label a few hours later and they received it on January 19. Took them until January 30 to inspect and approve the replacement. Even though I had numerous live conversations with Support, they never would tell me what the issue was, saying that they did not talk with the folks whom actually looked at the aircraft and approved of the replacement.
I have to say the live support people in California were very helpful unlike any other method, so I will never email or chat again as that is a total waste of time.
Received the replacement yesterday and everything was ok, so it seems they have a solution but I guess we will never know what it is as they are being quiet about it.
So it took me nearly 3 months to get a working I2 from DJI. Let's hope it was worth the wait.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

View attachment 12045 View attachment 12045

Hi Jon.
I too went out and bought a new vernier ($100 AUD)
20170113_170610.jpg Front red motor mount length.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu