Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

T600-D FCC####1410 vs, T601 FCC####1510

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy to report I have one of the aircraft in my possession that isn't supposed to exist :). Kinda like owning a mythical beast

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455148591.302790.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455148750.967452.jpg

The post by Ed from the product manager makes no sense. DJI's own support people make it worse on a daily basis as illustrated by Damon Coopers screen grab. That's just one of many similar statements they've made. If DJI wanted to end this discussion they could do it very easily but they make it worse by issuing ongoing contradictory explanations.

If the product manager states the output power is the same on both via firmware updates then one of only 2 things is happening. Either the T-600 is exceeding its FCC max power of 255Mw or the T-601 is transmitting less than its FCC max power of 931Mw. Which is it? There is nothing that says DJI has to use all of the 601's approved transmission power in FCC areas. If thats the case just say it and the issue is gone forever. I posed the exact question to Ed but he can't answer it and wont touch it with a 10 foot pole. They've backed themselves into a corner and can only blame what looks back at them in the mirror.

Regardless of the real time performance between both models, I think we can agree that DJI's public response has been poorly handled.

Reactions: damoncooper
The Output Power was increased by firmware on both T600 and T601 models in certain geographical regions. This has been incorporated in the newer FCC certification of the T601.
if it was true.
when you update, that the value that it take to think it was on this regions or another ?
because theres no gps position indoor.
and i can make the update in holidays at another place in the world, etc......
and sometime you can fly at the border of 2 regions or have not gps from the remote.
your answer look like dji want to close this thread, but its not the true...
where is the true .... 1410 / 1510 / 100 mw /900 mw / 35 mw etc... ???????????

Last edited:
if it was true.
when you update, that the value that it take to think it was on this regions or another ?
because theres no gps position indoor.
and i can make the update in holidays at another place in the world, etc......
and sometime you can fly at the border of 2 regions or have not gps from the remote.
your answer look like dji want to close this thread, but its not the true...
where is the true .... 1410 / 1510 / 100 mw /900 mw / 35 mw etc... ???????????
What? DJI have no control over this thread (or anything to do with the forum)

Try all you may to sweep this under the rug but the truth is out and DJI is wrong here. Our new T601 arrived a couple days ago and there are more differences than just transmitter power on my new bird. One is that DJI has upgraded the landing gear to make it strong and not loose to damper vibration. No play at all in the new T601 and no vibration in the camera. My T600 has a bit of looseness that DJI reported as to help damper vibration. Another is that the T601 is a bit quieter and is more stable in flight. Also, I loose video signal from the T600 back to the remote at 1.25 miles and now I have video signal at 1.5 plus miles at the same location and under the same conditions with the T601.
Must be due to more power from the T601 transmitter! Different carbon fiber pattern also.
Oh,well, I'm very happy with the T601 as it is a better designed bird than the T600. Flying both birds was very helpful to see the differences.

Last edited:
Reactions: damoncooper
Try all you may to sweep this under the rug but the truth is out and DJI is wrong here. Our new T601 arrived a couple days ago and there are more differences than just transmitter power on my new bird. One is that DJI has upgraded the landing gear to make it strong and not loose to damper vibration. No play at all in the new T601 and no vibration in the camera. My T600 has a bit of looseness that DJI reported as to help damper vibration. Another is that the T601 is a bit quieter and is more stable in flight. Also, I loose video signal from the T600 back to the remote at 1.25 miles and now I have video signal at 1.5 plus miles at the same location and under the same conditions with the T601.
Must be due to more power from the T601 transmitter! Different carbon fiber pattern also.
Oh,well, I'm very happy with the T601 as it is a better designed bird than the T600. Flying both birds was very helpful to see the differences.

it is second generation. dji learnt its lesson and improved accordingly. to bad i can't get a new bird myself for more stable video downlink to my camera operator... will have to opt for a dbs or similar mod or component exchange as far as that is possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phatzo,
Remember that a DBSMODS antenna will only strengthen your signal to the bird. Getting the signal back from the bird is the weak point.
However, FPVLR has a new stronger bird transmitter that can be installed to help you with that. I may get one for myself.

I'm happy to report I have one of the aircraft in my possession that isn't supposed to exist :). Kinda like owning a mythical beast

View attachment 6378
View attachment 6379

DJI Europe are actually completely correct! SAME GOES FOR ALL EUROPEAN INSPIRE 1 OWNERS

Ok, so here is where there is a BIG misconception on the issue. HERE IS A PARTIALLY COMPLETE EXPLANATION!!!

The issue is DJI's lack of information, but this is so that it doesn't confuse the layman. Unfortunately, the confusion is even worse because they aren't explaining it correctly to anyone or making it clear. I will try to explain this to you all:

First of all: PLEASE NOTE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FCC AND CE
CE means "Conformité Europeene" which means European Conformity in french and is set by the EU commission (this includes variants)
FCC means "Federal Communications Commission" which essentially is the Conformity commission for the USA when it comes to communications

The DJI website clearly states that the FCC compliance allows 5km range vs the CE compliance only allowing 3.5km. This clearly prooves there is a difference in the signal output power due to regulations set by either the FCC or CE.

This is in fact due to the OUTPUT POWER restrictions in Europe (shown in dBm or mW) - AKA EIRP (effective isotropically radiated power)

Basically the T601 IS ILLEGAL IN EUROPEAN STANDARDS.

Why, you say?
Well it's quite simple actually. In EUROPE, we are not allowed by law to have a 2.4Ghz frequency with the output power higher than 20dBm (aka 100mw).

From what I hear, there are currently 2, or lets say 3 variances in Inspire 1 models out there at the minute:

INSPIRE 1 2.0 & PRO
- T600

Operates 20dBm @ 2.4 Ghz (20dBm = 100mw)
- T600-D
Operates 24dBm @ 2.4 Ghz (24dBm = 250mw)
- T601
Operates 30dBm @ 2.4 Ghz (30dBm = 1000mw)

EUROPEAN LIMIT IS 20dBm or 100mw

Oh wait... so because the T600 is outputing 20dBm or 100mw, this means it's on the LEGAL LIMIT in EUROPE.

The T601 is 30dBm or 1000mw which is ILLEGAL in Europe, therefore, it is not sold in the DJI Europe zone (and possibly Canada too).

This means that DJI Europe are 100% correct when they say that there are no such thing as the T601 in the European Market.
Ask the same question to DJI USA and you may get a different answer.

I suspect that the CE1313 rating on the T601 sticker may indicate that if a US citizens comes to europe, it may conform when arriving in the EU. Don't hold my word for that as I can't confirm any of this - I do find it odd that CE1313 is on there, perhaps this isn't a real sticker or perhaps it means something else. Either way the T601 can't be flown in Europe.

Anywho, to all you Europeans freaking out because you think you are getting a bad deal, please all take a deep breath. DJI are only conforming to the rules our governments have agreed to restrict us with. All is good, DJI Europe are correct and you aren't loosing out on anything because we are already running on the fringe of legalities.

FUN FACT: the higher the EIRP the less flight time you get. So please all enjoy your extra minute or two in the sky and don't let it get to you.

DJI Europe are actually completely correct! SAME GOES FOR ALL EUROPEAN INSPIRE 1 OWNERS

Ok, so here is where there is a BIG misconception on the issue. HERE IS A PARTIALLY COMPLETE EXPLANATION!!!

The issue is DJI's lack of information, but this is so that it doesn't confuse the layman. Unfortunately, the confusion is even worse because they aren't explaining it correctly to anyone or making it clear. I will try to explain this to you all:

First of all: PLEASE NOTE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FCC AND CE
CE means "Conformité Europeene" which means European Conformity in french and is set by the EU commission (this includes variants)
FCC means "Federal Communications Commission" which essentially is the Conformity commission for the USA when it comes to communications

The DJI website clearly states that the FCC compliance allows 5km range vs the CE compliance only allowing 3.5km. This clearly prooves there is a difference in the signal output power due to regulations set by either the FCC or CE.

This is in fact due to the OUTPUT POWER restrictions in Europe (shown in dBm or mW) - AKA EIRP (effective isotropically radiated power)

Basically the T601 IS ILLEGAL IN EUROPEAN STANDARDS.

Why, you say?
Well it's quite simple actually. In EUROPE, we are not allowed by law to have a 2.4Ghz frequency with the output power higher than 20dBm (aka 100mw).

From what I hear, there are currently 2, or lets say 3 variances in Inspire 1 models out there at the minute:

INSPIRE 1 2.0 & PRO
- T600

Operates 20dBm @ 2.4 Ghz (20dBm = 100mw)
- T600-D
Operates 24dBm @ 2.4 Ghz (24dBm = 250mw)
- T601
Operates 30dBm @ 2.4 Ghz (30dBm = 1000mw)

EUROPEAN LIMIT IS 20dBm or 100mw

Oh wait... so because the T600 is outputing 20dBm or 100mw, this means it's on the LEGAL LIMIT in EUROPE.

The T601 is 30dBm or 1000mw which is ILLEGAL in Europe, therefore, it is not sold in the DJI Europe zone (and possibly Canada too).

This means that DJI Europe are 100% correct when they say that there are no such thing as the T601 in the European Market.
Ask the same question to DJI USA and you may get a different answer.

I suspect that the CE1313 rating on the T601 sticker may indicate that if a US citizens comes to europe, it may conform when arriving in the EU. Don't hold my word for that as I can't confirm any of this - I do find it odd that CE1313 is on there, perhaps this isn't a real sticker or perhaps it means something else. Either way the T601 can't be flown in Europe.

Anywho, to all you Europeans freaking out because you think you are getting a bad deal, please all take a deep breath. DJI are only conforming to the rules our governments have agreed to restrict us with. All is good, DJI Europe are correct and you aren't loosing out on anything because we are already running on the fringe of legalities.

FUN FACT: the higher the EIRP the less flight time you get. So please all enjoy your extra minute or two in the sky and don't let it get to you.

Can you point me at the Spec page on the DJI site for the T601?

Check the FCC Test report. It was posted on this Forum a while back actually. Follow my link and you should see a copy of the Test Reports. Go to the very last page for the SS3-WM6101510 - It states 30db /1000mw in the Tune-up power section:Extremely reputable retailer but not sure about DJI

I know there is an FCC document. I'm looking for the Spec page (or ANY reference on the DJI site) for my T601 Inspire Pro.

All the references I see say T600. That is not the aircraft I have in my possession.

I think he means DJI's Product Manager and support personnel responses seem like they want to close the book on this issue.

Their own actions make it overwhelmingly obvious they want this issue to go away. The place where Tahoe Ed (highest ranking DJI - US employee participating on forums) posted the project manager message is heavily used by other DJI reps too. Ed probably has 20k posts but he never once, until yesterday, mentioned the issue. The other reps have stayed clear of it too. The majority of their official contradictory responses have been on their own forums and in emails from their support staff.

Now we have a public message from the Product Manager. No more blaming low ranking support staff for a "misunderstanding" but instead of offering clarity he offers more confusing and contradicting info. If they are both outputting the same power in FCC areas the 601 is outputting less than its approved rating or the 600 is outputting more than its approved rating. Which is it? It can only be one of the 2 based on what the Product Manager said. If they clarified that one point it would make this issue go away forever but they can't or won't touch it. It leaves us to draw our own conclusions and based on DJI's own public statements your assumptions can only reflect poorly on them. They only have themselves to blame for this issue staying afloat.

Their own actions make it overwhelmingly obvious they want this issue to go away. The place where Tahoe Ed (highest ranking DJI - US employee participating on forums) posted the project manager message is heavily used by other DJI reps too. Ed probably has 20k posts but he never once, until yesterday, mentioned the issue. The other reps have stayed clear of it too. The majority of their official contradictory responses have been on their own forums and in emails from their support staff.

Now we have a public message from the Product Manager. No more blaming low ranking support staff for a "misunderstanding" but instead of offering clarity he offers more confusing and contradicting info. If they are both outputting the same power in FCC areas the 601 is outputting less than its approved rating or the 600 is outputting more than its approved rating. Which is it? It can only be one of the 2 based on what the Product Manager said. If they clarified that one point it would make this issue go away forever but they can't or won't touch it. It leaves us to draw our own conclusions and based on DJI's own public statements your assumptions can only reflect poorly on them. They only have themselves to blame for this issue staying afloat.

Well they are apparently "fixing" this in an upcoming FW version (1.7?) according to DJI Europe. I assume that means they will lower the output on T601's to make true what they have been telling customers.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455203674.953958.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455203686.743513.jpg

I'm surprised for the USA it doesn't give you the T601 model, unless rolling them out there was a mistake? Maybe it was unintended for the US or perhaps meant to be rolled out as the Inspire 1 RAW.
Has anyone tried going on the Chinese or any other Asian versions of their website? It may have that model if it's legal for those areas. Although the fact they have it done through the FCC probably means it was intended at some point for the USA.

It's pretty simple for Europe. We have a limit of 100mw. The T600 can do up to 250mw - Hence this model is can work in both Europe and the USA. Because in Europe it just uses less power due to the legal restrictions.
The T601, being 1000mw / 30dBm, obviously more powerful and will work anywhere where the range is legal. So for EUROPE, the T601 is completely irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu