Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X4S Gimbal Pan Broke after Firmware Update (Beware!)

The editor it is not.. this is new PID tuning on boot. You can clearly see this after the final boot sequence is done!

As per release notes they have change gimbal performance!

We tested this firmware internal and public.. if people are still seeing issues after boot then please provide data

The editor it is not.. this is new PID tuning on boot. You can clearly see this after the final boot sequence is done!

We tested this firmware internal and public.. if people are still seeing issues after boot then please provide data
Bull... you're towing the company line... admit there is a issue so it can be fixed.

Reactions: Ftolino

Ken - we are seeing reports coming in now on here and also over on DJI's forum. Plus YT videos are starting to appear showing the issue.
This cannot be 'just coincidence'.
The only common denominator has been every user suffering the issue has done the FW update.

Ken - we are seeing reports coming in now on here and also over on DJI's forum. Plus YT videos are starting to appear showing the issue.
This cannot be 'just coincidence'.
The only common denominator has been every user suffering the issue has done the FW update.

Yes it happens during boot if it continues after the final gimbal PID tune then yes there might be an issue. But I need data, videos and temp readings if they are truly getting warm!

My two units are fine after boot, please be aware the the public also tested this release for over a month.

I would love to see the temperature readings that people are seeing!

Last edited:
I have audio of the offending noise, but seems as though I can't post it from my phone.

Hard to hear over the fan, but the slight occasional buzz is what came through as the constant noise that is definitely there and wasn't before.

Not sure if you are referring to me having said 5 or 6 times about an IMU cal, I was directing my comment to the guy with the x4s that wouldn't work after the FW upgrade. And you are correct in saying that it doesn't fix the gimbal motor rattle, but it did fix my camera centering problem.

Yeah, it's breaking X5S too and DJI refuses to admit they have an issue... even one of their testers is trying to tell us it's fine, lol... more of the same from DJI.
I am so glad that I am reading these posts. This forum is a God Send. I wont even be powering mine on until the fix is accomplished. Thanks to everyone who has posted on this issue.

@blade strike and @EDDSkitz, it's obvious that you are both pretty smart guys when it comes to this stuff. Let's move past the personal stuff and focus on this issue. Is there anyone that actually knows why the firmware is doing what it's doing?

Look at the image I posted above .. they made a few changes of self calibration and boot . This helps the performance across multiple lenses.

Now if you are seeing this after the entire boot process(after the final yaw center) then there could be a problem and I can forward to engineering. I have been saying this since this was brought up!:)

Is everyone just referring to the x5s? I've seen this be more of a problem reported with the x4s, where the camera flat out gets stuck on boot up. Sometimes I feel like the x4s is an ignored camera on this bird, but it exists too, lol!

Reactions: Ftolino
Is everyone just referring to the x5s? I've seen this be more of a problem reported with the x4s, where the camera flat out gets stuck on boot up. Sometimes I feel like the x4s is an ignored camera on this bird, but it exists too, lol!
I've heard issues with both now... the X5S is noisy in the YAW movement, even when not moving, but because of the fan, I'm being ignored.

The x4s probably does the same since they do share some of the logic.. The concern would be, does it do it after the boot sequence? ( after the final yaw center twitch )

Just chiming in to say same problem here (x4s). Kinda happy I'm not the only one with this problem but it's also just as concerning. I have tried all the calibrations and "fixes" that were reported so far. Does anyone else have a lot of shake in their video now too? Obviously not running and stressing this until there is a fix.

Have cleaned up this thread and got rid of a lot (over 30) posts!
Can we please keep it civil guys.
Ken @blade strike will report back any genuine issues to R&D and will try and help out.
I know a lot of you are frustrated but don't attack the guy please!

OK...... deep breath....

Reactions: dkotinsky
Just chiming in to say same problem here (x4s). Kinda happy I'm not the only one with this problem but it's also just as concerning. I have tried all the calibrations and "fixes" that were reported so far. Does anyone else have a lot of shake in their video now too? Obviously not running and stressing this until there is a fix.

OK -

So you're seeing this after the boot sequence and final yaw twitch? You are also seeing this in footage? If so please PM me links to the video's and a video of it on the bench. I will forward directly to R&D immediately!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BetseyHene