Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X4S Gimbal Pan Broke after Firmware Update (Beware!)

Have cleaned up this thread and got rid of a lot (over 30) posts!
Can we p!ease keep it civil guys.
Ken @blade strike will report back any genuine issues to R&D and will try and help out.
I know a lot of you are frustrated but don't attack the guy please!

OK...... deep breath....

Thanks man.. I'm truly only here to help, I'm an end user also. I want everyone to enjoy this amazing craft!

Using the X4S on my I2 and experienced some serious vibration in my video that was definitely not present before. I was also a part of the DJI beta testing program for this firmware update and I can guarantee that I did not have this issue with the beta firmware. Can't confirm on the head heating up, because it likely cooled down quickly in the 30° F temps that I flew in today. However I can confirm vibration/shaking in my video.

Reactions: Ftolino
OK -

So you're seeing this after the boot sequence and final yaw twitch? You are also seeing this in footage? If so please PM me links to the video's and a video of it on the bench. I will forward directly to R&D immediately!
Ken - sent you some details via PM.

Using the X4S on my I2 and experienced some serious vibration in my video that was definitely not present before. I was also a part of the DJI beta testing program for this firmware update and I can guarantee that I did not have this issue with the beta firmware. Can't confirm on the head heating up, because it likely cooled down quickly in the 30° F temps that I flew in today. However I can confirm vibration/shaking in my video.

Perfect can you please provide some short inflight videos and one on the bench? This really helps me with R&D.. My two x5s only vibrate during the boot after that it's rock solid.

OK -

So you're seeing this after the boot sequence and final yaw twitch? You are also seeing this in footage? If so please PM me links to the video's and a video of it on the bench. I will forward directly to R&D immediately!
I sent you a link. Thanks Blade Strike.

Guess my email got you straight... good to see you finally admitting the issues and working to fix them.

Uploaded the shaky footage here:

Also noticed while hovering at eye-level that the drone itself (including the arms) would vibrate pretty intensely at times, while other times the drone wouldn't show any signs of vibration.
Definitely grounding my bird until issues are fixed. This is frustrating.

Uploaded the shaky footage here:

Also noticed while hovering at eye-level that the drone itself (including the arms) would vibrate pretty intensely at times, while other times the drone wouldn't show any signs of vibration.
Definitely grounding my bird until issues are fixed. This is frustrating.
I have this also because the props are loose, and the new mounting plates I got didn't fix the issue.

I have this also because the props are loose, and the new mounting plates I got didn't fix the issue.

The only thing is that I was not experiencing any vibration at all before this update. I was actually really happy and impressed with how solid the footage was, but not anymore.

The only thing is that I was not experiencing any vibration at all before this update. I was actually really happy and impressed with how solid the footage was, but not anymore.
I only had it while yaw that was visible, but I have the foam and plastic mod for the props to keep them tightish.

However, I haven't flown much more than to test fixes and break in batteries because it's always one problem or another with a $6k product from DJI.

Now, if I pick up the bird and yaw it by hand, the X5S shakes like crazy. Unfortunately I'm on the road and can't upload any video or audio well.

Received and thank you!
I hope this update fixes my rudder problems. I've seen several people talk about. It turns fine in atti or GPS an camera in free . As soon as you turn the camera to follow it doesn't turn right at all. Pm me if you know an answer an sorry if off topic .

Reactions: SanCap
What do we do? Just sit and wait? Buy another drone?
I'm seriously contemplating buying an I1 or even trading my I2 for someone's I1 with some extras... I got the I2 knowing there would probably be issues, but not like this... I also bought it for future additions like NDVI and NIR as I'm hoping to add it to my inspections toolbox. I can go without RAW for now until this is sorted.

DJI likes to sell the professionals, but can't seem to keep our expensive tools working.

Reactions: HarvestMoon
I got camera to work again by removing it while quad one, qaitin 30 seconds then re-attached.

I was moving fine - up down left right. Then I re-booted quad, it stopped working.

Tried again but didnt work.

I got camera to work again by removing it while quad one, qaitin 30 seconds then re-attached.

I was moving fine - up down left right. Then I re-booted quad, it stopped working.

Tried again but didnt work.
Are you saying that your camera doesn't move at all now?

Ooof... mine moves alright when I control it, but if I yaw the aircraft it shakes and makes noise, but it still tracks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collegetour