Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone tried these folding props?

Ok back on track... Just thought I'd post about my install of the folding props. Removing the T9 security screws was no problem, all screws were T9 and were removed with little effort, no heating required. The most time consuming thing was modifying the lid of the standard case to accommodate the folding props, took at least 30 minutes. My only concern is removing the four supports that hold down the frame on the lid, but still have the middle supports so I guess time will tell if it's supported satisfactorily. Haven't taken it up yet but will report back on how it performs.
Note: The user name on this forum may be similar to that on an offical dji forum but I assure dji that this is only a coincidence :D

Ok back on track... Just thought I'd post about my install of the folding props. Removing the T9 security screws was no problem, all screws were T9 and were removed with little effort, no heating required. The most time consuming thing was modifying the lid of the standard case to accommodate the folding props, took at least 30 minutes. My only concern is removing the four supports that hold down the frame on the lid, but still have the middle supports so I guess time will tell if it's supported satisfactorily. Haven't taken it up yet but will report back on how it performs.
Note: The user name on this forum may be similar to that on an offical dji forum but I assure dji that this is only a coincidence :D

Yup. All mentioned previously in this very same thread.

I upgraded to the T-Motor carbon fibre props and are very happy with them - they are the single piece, which screws in with a screw connection. Do people think they would be better (as similar price to the folding carbon ones) or should i also try these folding ones ?

I upgraded to the T-Motor carbon fibre props and are very happy with them - they are the single piece, which screws in with a screw connection. Do people think they would be better (as similar price to the folding carbon ones) or should i also try these folding ones ?

I have both, the folding Heliengadin props and the T-Motor props with the heliengadin adapters. The folding are obviously more convienient and are quieter. I really do not see a difference in performance but have not done any scientific experiments.

Reactions: deltalimatango
I have both, the folding Heliengadin props and the T-Motor props with the heliengadin adapters. The folding are obviously more convienient and are quieter. I really do not see a difference in performance but have not done any scientific experiments.
Much quite than the static ones ? Do you get any issues with spin up and spin down with the fold up at all being unstable or movement while they get to speed ?

Much quite than the static ones ? Do you get any issues with spin up and spin down with the fold up at all being unstable or movement while they get to speed ?

They have a noticeable lower pitch than the stock plastic props as well as the CF non folding props. I get a visible momentary vibration while the props find their happy place just like any other folding prop.

They have a noticeable lower pitch than the stock plastic props as well as the CF non folding props. I get a visible momentary vibration while the props find their happy place just like any other folding prop.
I have never seen them in action. Are the props locked in place manually or by the centrifugal force of the spinning?

Both wrong. The centripedal force is balanced by the centrifugal force and that's why the props stay where the are when extended and rotating!!!

Centripetal force holds the propellers in place while spinning. NOT centrifugal force.
Centripetal force - Wikipedia

I suppose they could be locked in place by tightening. Maybe that would get rid of the startup vibration?

I wonder how the weight of the folding props compares to rigid mount t-motor props and mounts.

T-Motor prop, adapter and hardware = 36 grams. Heliengadin folding prop assembly with hardware = 45 grams.

Do not use to much force on the screws, if you can't get them just heat the end of the tool with a cigarette lighter for a few seconds and then insert it in the crew. Let is just sit for a few seconds and then try removing, should work. Just be careful of not heating to much.

Excellent tip, Cougar. Was having a hell of a time until I used the cig lighter trick. Thank you!

It takes more than an errant post to offend me. I was just trying not to further derail the thread. Pretty easy to understand I would imagine.

P.S. the post you responded asked about folding props for an Inspire 1. So still a swing and a miss.
I received mine from Carolinadronz, and followed the instructions for mounting those on my inspire 2. Unfortunately on two of the motors ( one CW and one CCW) the screws holding the bracket for the original props were so tightly glued that I had to use a drill to bore a hole in the screws, and doing so some of the metal grinding must have fall in the opening vent of the motor, and they jammed, I had to order 2 replacement motors, that I'm putting back on, will try as soon the job is done. As mentioned by someone, it's very easy to replace the motors, for that drone is well built.

Reactions: deltalimatango
I received mine from Carolinadronz, and followed the instructions for mounting those on my inspire 2. Unfortunately on two of the motors ( one CW and one CCW) the screws holding the bracket for the original props were so tightly glued that I had to use a drill to bore a hole in the screws, and doing so some of the metal grinding must have fall in the opening vent of the motor, and they jammed, I had to order 2 replacement motors, that I'm putting back on, will try as soon the job is done. As mentioned by someone, it's very easy to replace the motors, for that drone is well built.

Been there and replaced that. :) It is not hard. Just take your time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collegetour