Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone tried these folding props?

Your charger and battery case looks very functional. Did you buy the case with the TrekPak or seperatlely?
I purchased as a kit but added some extra dividers and pins since the package kit didn't include enough of either one. It comes with the insert for the 4 sides installed and bottom and top foam pieces. But then you have to cut the dividers to size. I would suggest the new kit that they recently announced that includes some extra dividers. Not sure if it includes the extra pins as well or not.

Between you and @SanCap I'm not sure who carries a heavier battery case around - you both are loaded with batteries!

Thanks for the photos from both posts above...very useful. I know a few people have had to change out a motor for various reasons - glad they made it easier on this one.

LOL. Yes I need them all too. I was at a shoot the other day and actually wished I had more. I really need that new DJI I2 Charger with the ability to charge 8 batteries at a time. I hope they release it soon.

LOL. Yes I need them all too. I was at a shoot the other day and actually wished I had more. I really need that new DJI I2 Charger with the ability to charge 8 batteries at a time. I hope they release it soon.
Yep - I get asked about that charging case all the time. Its really one of those accessories that will make a big difference for a lot of people. I think that with all the new products DJI is in the middle of our charging case is on the back burner at the moment.

Reactions: SanCap
I got 102.4 kph and 10.866km out of mine the other day. These things are great.

i am getting a consistent 60 to 63 mph without a tail wind. if my conversion is right we are getting close to the same speed. My I2 is used for high steel and antenna inspection over 1000ft, So stability over speed is a must. CF increased stable, today at 800ft AGL / 9mph wind rock Solid. Nice to have the extra speed to avoid Eagles and Hawks.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Reactions: deltalimatango
i am getting a consistent 60 to 63 mph without a tail wind. if my conversion is right we are getting close to the same speed. My I2 is used for high steel and antenna inspection over 1000ft, So stability over speed is a must. CF increased stable, today at 800ft AGL / 9mph wind rock Solid. Nice to have the extra speed to avoid Eagles and Hawks.
View attachment 14161

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just flying for fun. I have a few friends that are toying with the idea of using aerial video for some documentaries and music videos. I will get certified this week and third party drone insurance so that in cases I do start using my I2 commercially, I am all set. Not to mention the CF props look cool. :) They are conversation starters...

oh come on... you know how to read... check the link i just posted. all is there. :)
cheers
Found one. Thanks.

PS- as a professional educator, I suggest to you there are lots of bad installations every day (drones, barbecues, child swings) by folks who are visual learners and don't do well with written instructions. Never assume because you understand your own written instructions everyone else will. As an amateur astronomer, I can write a set of instruction on collimating a telescope that will make you cry. :(

The trick is removing the original prop holders without stripping the screws.

I used a hairdryer set on high for 20 seconds on each screw before I attempted to unscrew them. That worked well. For installation, use a dab of blue loctite on each screw.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: deltalimatango
The trick is removing the original prop holders without stripping the screws.

I used a hairdryer set on high for 20 seconds on each screw before I attempted to unscrew them. That worked well. For installation, use a dab of blue loctite on each screw.

Hope this helps.
Thank you Barry. Any special tool I must have on hand?

Found one. Thanks.

PS- as a professional educator, I suggest to you there are lots of bad installations every day (drones, barbecues, child swings) by folks who are visual learners and don't do well with written instructions. Never assume because you understand your own written instructions everyone else will. As an amateur astronomer, I can write a set of instruction on collimating a telescope that will make you cry. :(

i never asumed anything specially in written form. i said that since you can read and anle to scroll, giving you the actual manufatuerer link where they also have a video out and you should just read a bit further before asking a question that is just about a screen further down but you just did not scroll... i know written instruction can be a pain but i used to read and search. when i think i failed on that option i ask for directions.

i never asumed anything specially in written form. i said that since you can read and anle to scroll, giving you the actual manufatuerer link where they also have a video out and you should just read a bit further before asking a question that is just about a screen further down but you just did not scroll... i know written instruction can be a pain but i used to read and search. when i think i failed on that option i ask for directions.

You know, that's a common response on this site I truly despise. If someone asks a question that I can answer, then I answer it w/o insults or flagellation over the poster's inability to find the answer.
If you are going to answer but follow it with sarcasm, then you should let it go and allow someone more helpful to answer. Thank you.

Yes, you need torx screwdrivers. I used two different sizes, as the bolts were different. I used a #8 and a #9. I proceeded slowly and the whole job took less than 10 minutes.
Barry

You know, that's a common response on this site I truly despise. If someone asks a question that I can answer, then I answer it w/o insults or flagellation over the poster's inability to find the answer.
If you are going to answer but follow it with sarcasm, then you should let it go and allow someone more helpful to answer. Thank you.

calm down. like i said i did asume or was trying to be sarcastic as i did answer your question and also gave you a link to it where you can also find a video on instalation.
furthermore in this very thread you ha e all the information needed as it is being discussed at this moment.
so please do not try to be upset at me for something you asked i delivered the answer and remarked that you could've just scrolled more down and get the video.

as you might have noticed i did sign with a positive remark like this one here.
i am always try to be respectful and non offending. try to accept help if you ask for it.

cheers
Martin

edit: i truely appologize if i have offended you. please accept my appologies. i will learn more and better english and progress in learning more caitious when answering questions put up here.

edit edit: my brother in law is also into astronomy :) he parks his telescope here at my place :)
a 30mm i think in diameter and about a meter long... big tube :)
i really did not mean to offend. i meant what i said above.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collegetour