Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone tried these folding props?

Got my props today. Unfortunately the trailing edge on a CCW prop blade has a very visible chip/defect that will catch my finger nail. All others a smooth/straight. Will try and get a photo soon.
Definitely send it directly to us as well and if we need to get you a replacement we will do it right away!

Thanks,

Michael

I also received bad props from Heleingadin. All four of them were chipped scratched and unbalanced.
I installed their mounts also which are high quality.
But look at the picture of their props below vs. T-MOTOR props.
5e1e6f9073e7f187bf59872286ea66b4.jpg
24579b3cb77e7a4032c7caaed0b90383.jpg

Interesting. My folding props from Helingadin are square on the ends. Maybe they changed the design. How do you know they are unbalanced?

The folding props are more squared off at the ends. @cvanhoose is using the prop adapters and the non-folding props and comparing those to the non-folding T-Motor props. Heliengadin has a very different design for folding vs non-folding.

upload_2017-6-4_17-39-19.png upload_2017-6-4_17-38-4.png upload_2017-6-4_17-34-14.png upload_2017-6-4_17-34-14.png upload_2017-6-4_17-38-4.png upload_2017-6-4_17-39-19.png After reading all the horror stories of Stripped screws and broken motors I decided to install my new folding props I received on Friday from FDS. This operation took only 15 minutes and without the use of a cappuccino machine (LOL). Operation to revert back to the old static props will only be a few minutes in case the carbon blades did not work out.

A few notable fly characteristic changes. The CF props seem to create a greater ground effect because of their larger pitch this only occur at about 3 to 4 feet off the ground. These props took a lot of slack out of the controls making the aircraft more responsive. The acceleration Vertical and horizontal monster fast but top speed seems to be down about 2 to 3mph. Tracking a car the I2 had problem before with fast turns with old props, but not anymore. Car stayed in frame, it look like a hellfire missile in laser accusation . Braking is very aggressive. In sport mode has more downward pitch.
The Reported shutter everyone speaks of was not a problem. The same shutter I get with my Mavic pro. Definitely an upgrade to this platform.

View attachment 14064 View attachment 14063 View attachment 14061 View attachment 14061 View attachment 14063 View attachment 14064 After reading all the horror stories of Stripped screws and broken motors I decided to install my new folding props I received on Friday from FDS. This operation took only 15 minutes and without the use of a cappuccino machine (LOL). Operation to revert back to the old static props will only be a few minutes in case the carbon blades did not work out.

A few notable fly characteristic changes. The CF props seem to create a greater ground effect because of their larger pitch this only occur at about 3 to 4 feet off the ground. These props took a lot of slack out of the controls making the aircraft more responsive. The acceleration Vertical and horizontal monster fast but top speed seems to be down about 2 to 3mph. Tracking a car the I2 had problem before with fast turns with old props, but not anymore. Car stayed in frame, it look like a hellfire missile in laser accusation . Braking is very aggressive. In sport mode has more downward pitch.
The Reported shutter everyone speaks of was not a problem. The same shutter I get with my Mavic pro. Definitely an upgrade to this platform.

I got 102.4 kph and 10.866km out of mine the other day. These things are great.

I got mine installed and new motor installed since one of the darn screws for the old prop mounts wouldn't come out. I agree it is quieter than the DJI props. Handles great like the old props. And I feel much better that I have it securely connected now. I had to cut out the foam on my GPC case just a little, and took that foam and put in on the 4 vertical support foam in the leg cutout area so that the unit would stick up just a little so that the props weren't hitting the RC's or suspending the I2 from the props. Otherwise it fits great and they work great. Thanks Michael @Florida Drone Supply for sending them out and getting them to me quickly.

fullsizeoutput_87f.jpegfullsizeoutput_880.jpegIMG_5026.JPG

I got mine installed and new motor installed since one of the darn screws for the old prop mounts wouldn't come out. I agree it is quieter than the DJI props. Handles great like the old props. And I feel much better that I have it securely connected now. I had to cut out the foam on my GPC case just a little, and took that foam and put in on the 4 vertical support foam in the leg cutout area so that the unit would stick up just a little so that the props weren't hitting the RC's or suspending the I2 from the props. Otherwise it fits great and they work great. Thanks Michael @Florida Drone Supply for sending them out and getting them to me quickly.

View attachment 14087View attachment 14088View attachment 14089
Glad to hear you are up and running with the new props. Thats a packed full case you have now! Any trouble changing out the motor?

Thanks for the kind words and the continued orders...we really appreciate it.

Michael

Reactions: SanCap
Glad to hear you are up and running with the new props. Thats a packed full case you have now! Any trouble changing out the motor?

Michael
No the motor was very straight forward and VERY easy to change out. No more soldering. Just a few screws, disconnect antenna and unplug the ESC. I did it using just a few pics and simple instructions on the another site.

Instructions I used were here:
DJI Inspire 2 Teardown - What's inside? - RC Geeks Blog

Inspire-2-Teardown-07-Motor-Installed-1200x801.jpg

Inspire-2-Teardown-03-Unplug-Antenna-1200x801.jpg

Michael
And that's just the I2. Here's my Pelican 1535 with TrekPak with all the batteries and chargers. -
IMG_4944.JPG

And that's just the I2. Here's my Pelican 1535 with TrekPak with all the batteries and chargers. -
View attachment 14114
Between you and @SanCap I'm not sure who carries a heavier battery case around - you both are loaded with batteries!

Thanks for the photos from both posts above...very useful. I know a few people have had to change out a motor for various reasons - glad they made it easier on this one.

Reactions: SanCap

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collegetour