Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone tried these folding props?

i do not want to sound nerdy nore have i the intention to offend but doing tests like these should be done at least on eye level due to the downwash of the props manipulating and thus scewing the result caused be an "air pillow" not allowing the unit to be like a nail in the wall...

maybe doing another test on eye level makes the unit more stable as the downwash is not affecting the body and airflow.

if i am wrong please excuse my ignorance and let me know what it is so i can learn.

my 2c

i do not want to sound nerdy nore have i the intention to offend but doing tests like these should be done at least on eye level due to the downwash of the props manipulating and thus scewing the result caused be an "air pillow" not allowing the unit to be like a nail in the wall...

maybe doing another test on eye level makes the unit more stable as the downwash is not affecting the body and airflow.

if i am wrong please excuse my ignorance and let me know what it is so i can learn.

my 2c
No offense taken. Indeed, I was flying it low intentionally to see just the effect of the prop wash using the DJI props. I did increase it's height to about 12ft around half way in the video. Also using the long lens at close proximity on the Inspire would exaggerate the movement looking at the Panasonic. I actually was please with the stability of the I2 under these conditions

I have done what you suggested except not on a bench, in the air. When the I2 landed I used an IR thermometer and saw the sa

These are the stock props, correct? Did you take a video with the folders?
Yes stock props and unfortunately no. I wish I had since mine caused exaggerated horizontal movement...

I have had the GPC landing mode case for a while, here is an image of it trimmed for the folding props. I just received my GPC travel mode backpack (thanks @Florida Drone Supply). The backpack will be my main way to carry the I2 and does not need any trimming to get the I2 into it with the folding props. I carry my batteries in a separate case so I don't have to keep them in a hot car or make the cases extra heavy as I have quite a few of them :) If I need more protection I can put the backpack into the GPC landing mode case and still have extra space for my Secraft radio tray.

IMG_1017.JPG IMG_1018.JPG IMG_1019.JPG IMG_1022.JPG

I see where all the spare initial I2 batteries ended up[emoji3]...!
16 total batteries is the most I think we have supplied any one individual client...might have a couple others close to that, but I think SanCap has more than anyone we are familiar with! Plus, he actively carries a large mobile charging system from what I recall. Looks like the back pack should work out pretty well.

Reactions: SanCap
16 total batteries is the most I think we have supplied any one individual client...might have a couple others close to that, but I think SanCap has more than anyone we are familiar with! Plus, he actively carries a large mobile charging system from what I recall. Looks like the back pack should work out pretty well.

If you look close enough I think I can fit another 4 batteries in the case. Do you sell them as a bakers dozen :)

batts.jpg

Michael, was the new shipment of folding props received today? Anxious to get them!

Unfortunately they were not. I just checked the tracking on them and they went through customs in Tessera, Italy and have departed Koeln, Germany in route to the US. They will not make it tomorrow, but will arrive on Friday and we will ship them the same day we receive them to everyone. I know they are having a tough time keeping up with demand for them so I would guess the delay was related to when they shipped from the manufacturer. As soon as we get them, they will be headed your way. We are just as anxious for you to get them as you are!

I have had the GPC landing mode case for a while, here is an image of it trimmed for the folding props. I just received my GPC travel mode backpack (thanks @Florida Drone Supply). The backpack will be my main way to carry the I2 and does not need any trimming to get the I2 into it with the folding props. I carry my batteries in a separate case so I don't have to keep them in a hot car or make the cases extra heavy as I have quite a few of them :) If I need more protection I can put the backpack into the GPC landing mode case and still have extra space for my Secraft radio tray.

View attachment 13916 View attachment 13917 View attachment 13918 View attachment 13919

Interesting.

I think I'll give Bestem til the end of the summer to get their backpack produced, but then I may have to get the GPC. Getting the I2 into the GPC backpack with folding props installed is better than nothing. I still would prefer landing mode with the gimbal attached.

Interesting.

I think I'll give Bestem til the end of the summer to get their backpack produced, but then I may have to get the GPC. Getting the I2 into the GPC backpack with folding props installed is better than nothing. I still would prefer landing mode with the gimbal attached.

Bestem has a nice product especially with the hardcase they offered for their I1 backpack. Hopefully they will produce the same for the I2, they have really slashed their prices for the I1 cases.

Fitted mine yesterday, straight forward with no issues. Things I noted: slight vibration whilst idling on the ground this appears to have dissipated when in the hover. Very quiet compared with the stock props. Did not notice any difference in vertical or horizontal stability. In sport mode I thought she was down on speed just a perception on my part. Aggressive manoeuvres and breaking are definitely more pronounced than the stock props with current settings. I live in Northern Scotland the I2 with stock props handles 30 mph winds with ease. Blowing 25 mph today going to take her out to see how we get on. Will report back later.

Fitted mine yesterday, straight forward with no issues. Things I noted: slight vibration whilst idling on the ground this appears to have dissipated when in the hover. Very quiet compared with the stock props. Did not notice any difference in vertical or horizontal stability. In sport mode I thought she was down on speed just a perception on my part. Aggressive manoeuvres and breaking are definitely more pronounced than the stock props with current settings. I live in Northern Scotland the I2 with stock props handles 30 mph winds with ease. Blowing 25 mph today going to take her out to see how we get on. Will report back later.

fdf2d76476bfae1584e295ae6c543d8a.jpg

Update

Flew 5 sets of batteries in 22 mph winds on the Northeast coast, no problems whatsoever. Followed a couple of kite surfers out at sea and was able to get some decent footage. These props are definitely a keeper for me. Will update my Inspection routine to include a close visual inspection after each days flying.

Update

Flew 5 sets of batteries in 22 mph winds on the Northeast coast, no problems whatsoever. Followed a couple of kite surfers out at sea and was able to get some decent footage. These props are definitely a keeper for me. Will update my Inspection routine to include a close visual inspection after each days flying.
Excellent - thanks for the update!

Reactions: deltalimatango
Stock Update on Folding Props:

We are finally receiving our delivery of these today (after several delays between the manufacturer and UPS) and will be fulfilling every outstanding order we have for them. Additionally, we are receiving enough stock of them to have them on hand and ready to ship for new orders. We will continue to keep them on order from the manufacturer to attempt to keep from running out again!

Thanks again to everyone who has ordered these from us - we appreciate it.

Got my props today. Unfortunately the trailing edge on a CCW prop blade has a very visible chip/defect that will catch my finger nail. All others a smooth/straight. Will try and get a photo soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc