Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone tried these folding props?

Update: Got the motor installed while drinking a delicious cup of cappuccino. Pretty easy actually. Then came the props. Considering I had already removed the other 7 screws, and temporarily put on the folding blades, things were easy as pie. Took the bad boy out for a test spin. As noted above, there is a slight shudder when starting up. Could be because there is more mass at the top of the motor to get moving, regardless after a second or three, the blades were spinning and purring like a kitten. Up stick and away she went. Smoothly and gracefully. Heading out over the sea in southern Helsinki, I decided to put it in sport mode and give it a try. Sport Mode activated and boom, off she went like crazy. First thing to pop up was and error I guess indicating that I was using high altitude props when I wasn't at high altitude. The next error was that I was getting a high RPM warning and the RPM's would be reduced. I am thinking to change the prop positions to see if that fixes things. Once back in P mode no errors at all. All in all, after a case modification (another cup of cappuccino), I am pretty pleased with the purchase. If anyone is considering getting CF folding blades, I would recommend them.

This starting vibration is not bad for the motors or etc? And why You got the high altitude warning message? I'm asking why I'm thinking of buying these propellers, but not want to exchange the factory errors to another type of problems if the things won't work flawlessly.

1. Actually I didn't say vibration. I said slight shudder. Maybe it is the same but I don't think so. I also said that it went away and the blades spun like normal. So not sure why there would be an issue. 2. No idea why the high altitude warning. I got it once, but haven't flown since soooooo no idea. 3. Nothing in life is flawless. Nothing. Except maybe a new born baby, a kitten or a puppy. Life is too short to stress over things. If you have reservations then best not to buy them to be honest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cruncher
The slight shudder is typical of folding props as it is difficult to get them completely "straight" when unfolding them. If they aren't straight, they are off balance and that causes the shudder. Centrifugal forces will pull them out straight and the shudder goes away. I highly doubt this damages the motors in anyway considering this all happens on the ground and not under load.

The slight shudder is typical of folding props as it is difficult to get them completely "straight" when unfolding them. If they aren't straight, they are off balance and that causes the shudder. Centrifugal forces will pull them out straight and the shudder goes away. I highly doubt this damages the motors in anyway considering this all happens on the ground and not under load.

Thanks Nick H.

Reactions: Nick H.
There are a couple different threads about these props. I posted this in another and will post it here also.

"Here is a video I made this morning. The first startup is a cold start with me straightening the props, after that I shut down and restarted without straightening the props. You will have to click on the vimeo logo to go to full screen"

Reactions: SZPFlyer
This is what I've been using so far and I personally like this setup. I had my Amazing Tech adapters from my Inspire 1. They are quite useful because they screw directly into the DJI motors with their odd 13mm spacing for the mounting screws (Industry standard being 12mm spacing). So, I have Tarot folding prop mounts on the Amazing Tech adapters and I use 1552 carbon blades from RCTimer. The Amazing Tech adapters also lift the props up to the same height as the stock props. I think it was around $100 to $120 in total.

So...What advantages in term of flight do the Folding CF Props give you? I'd like to know before spending 200$ on them

This is what I've been using so far and I personally like this setup. I had my Amazing Tech adapters from my Inspire 1. They are quite useful because they screw directly into the DJI motors with their odd 13mm spacing for the mounting screws (Industry standard being 12mm spacing). So, I have Tarot folding prop mounts on the Amazing Tech adapters and I use 1552 carbon blades from RCTimer. The Amazing Tech adapters also lift the props up to the same height as the stock props. I think it was around $100 to $120 in total.

Love your workshop dude... Cool...

Reactions: Nick H.
So...What advantages in term of flight do the Folding CF Props give you? I'd like to know before spending 200$ on them

It's been pretty much documented throughout this thread the advantages of the folding CF props. A bit of reading will yield tons of results as well as tips, and hints and what to do and what not to do when installing them.

Love your workshop dude... Cool...

LoL. Thanks.
It's a mess right now. Too many projects at the same time and it doesn't help that I use my shop for all of my hobbies and my mountain bikes.

The main advantage for folding props for me is speed and portability. It's only a matter of time before BeStem or someone else makes a landing mode backpack. That's what I like to use because I can then take my I2 on my back while I ride my bike. I'm typically not at a clean, flat place when I'm ready to fly since I'm riding in the woods and in rocky places. I need my I2 to be completely ready to go when I unpack. Landing mode, gimbal attached and props attached is an enormous help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collegetour